• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Lol walla. I drive truck for a living. You would not believe the stuff I've seen...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Well, goodbye gas station attendants.

I have not seen a gas station attendand in over 30 years perhaps.

I see them all the time.I live next to Oregon.No one is allowed to pump their own gas in Oregon.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I read an article saying that autonomous vehicles already drive better than human drivers.

It also said that the amount of money that would be saved because of less accidents, savings on gas,

and less traffic was in the 100's of billions per year.

Its right around the corner.

With the quality of today's drivers, that wouldn't take much. I don't know what it is but you take a good, smart, safe person and put him behind the wheel of a car and he/she turns into an absolute moron. Maybe there's some kind of brain control device in the steering wheel that does this.

:24:

Instant moron, just add vehicle?

Sorry, couldn't help that one. I know about the morons behind the wheel. Try being a pedestrian in a big city at the tail end of rush hour. I almost got run over by one of the morons this morning on the way home from work. The jerk didn't want to wait for me to get even half way across the street in the crosswalk. Kinda thing makes me want to carry a bowling ball and take out their windscreen. Something's gotta teach 'em better manners . . . :whistling:

I hear comments about this kind of thing all the time.It is a dangerous world out there.

The problem here is as we keep putting people out of work with technology, what are we going to do with all the unemployed people? Young people keep getting married and wanting babies. But there are less and less jobs for when these babies grow up. Too much technology is proving to be a bad thing.

It is not always that simple, and not always a negative. For example. When power tools began to be practicle and affordable, the unions fought them tooth and nail, caliming that it would put workers (especially carpenters) out of work, becuase they could frame a home so much faster, etc.

They were right, it was faster, a lot faster. This led to being able to reduce the price of a new home, which increased the demand for homes, which meant more work, not less, and now the workers were working more, not less, and were now able to afford their own product -  a home.

In New York City, the uions were able to keep a law in place, the forbade the instalation of garbage disposal units in sinks, becaus the reduced garbage, meant less work for collectors. Than might well be true. However, people now had a convenient way, to dispose of food leftovers and byproducts. Not only was this easier, their homes smelled better, had less clutter, and the rat problem was reduced a lot. sometimes, having a better life for tens of thousands might be worth the the sacrifice of the jobs of some. No doubt, the invention of the automobile, caused the loss of the jobs of ferriers, but people could now go farther to find ways to work, take vacations to exotic places and of course, work in fuel stations, tire factories, auto plants etc, etc, or should we go back so we can have more people shoeing horses?

Well, goodbye gas station attendants.

I have not seen a gas station attendand in over 30 years perhaps.

I see them all the time.I live next to Oregon.No one is allowed to pump their own gas in Oregon.

Right, I have encountered that in Oregon, and found it very annoying, having to wait for a person to do, what I am perfectly capable and willing to do for myself. Not to mention that the owner has to pay a wage and other costs, that he will pas on in the price of fuel. Add newspaper boys to the list, they went extinct here too.

Lol walla. I drive truck for a living. You would not believe the stuff I've seen...

I used to drive oil field route maintenance in a company truck when I lived in Texas. I've probably seen them too! :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Well, you would not have to get out of the car when the weather is bad. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We only have attendants here. No self service at all.

There are 100's of 1000's of attendants country wide. They have their own union.

They went on strike recently for higher pay. In my town that meant they did not wear uniforms but switched to civilian clothes and carried on pumping gas while on strike!

I LOVE this country, it's so pragmatic. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We only have attendants here. No self service at all.

There are 100's of 1000's of attendants country wide. They have their own union.

They went on strike recently for higher pay. In my town that meant they did not wear uniforms but switched to civilian clothes and carried on pumping gas while on strike!

I LOVE this country, it's so pragmatic. 

did they get their raise?