• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

the scripture did not record any where that Jesus spoke in tongue,but when Jesus commision his disciples to go into all the world to preach the gospel to every creature.one of the numerous sign Jesus said that will follow those that believed in his name:they shall speak with new tongue mark 16:15-18" well i believe there are many antichrist in the church today,even satan goes to church this day,an occult man who was saved by the power of God's mercy,confes that they do speak in tongue,and some of the tongue they spoke in their society,he is hearing them in the church,is there any thing like fake speaking in tongue? some christian are confussing them self,A preach boldly says that Jesus spoke in tongue while on earth,Now i want to ask a question,was Talitha cumi Jesus christ native language or heavenly language,was Jesus speaking in tongue or prophesying at that moment,in mark 5:41" (Talitha-cumi)some gospel musicians in my country called it heavenly language,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I understand that Christ was speaking in His native tongue, Aramaic. He did this here and in several other places.

It is true tha satan does and has mimiced God's work. Perhaps that is why Paul inserts 1 Cor. 13 in the discourse about gifts. Tounges must be empowered by God's love and manefest His love. When I have seen pride and bad fruit manefested by the speaker (one split a church) I have doubted that they were filled with the Holy Spirit. We are told to test the spirits, and to weigh prophecy by scripture as well. All of God's gifts are a blessing and are necessary for the strengthening of the church. A pastor who does not rely on God's inspiration and guidance in preaching will put you to sleep. Mans ideas are not what builds the Church. God does.

When Moses performed miracles before Pharoh, his magicians could also do the same miracles. We should not get so excited about such manefestations. I always urge people to walk in the Spirit and seek God's face for this reason. When the antichrist comes he also will perform mighty miracles.

I get very upset with my cousin who always is looking for the newest exciting miracle but she does not seek to grow to maturity in holiness and fruit of the Spirit. I worry about her and others like her because she is easily deceived. One in recent years was called the "Toranto experience" because people traveled to Canada to see peoples' fillings in their teeth turn to gold and a lot of weird stuff also occurred. I could not imagine how these things showed God's compassion or any of His attributes. I heard that some people barked like dogs and they called it speaking in tongues. Don't know if that is true. The works of God glorify Him and reveal His attributes.. People do need to test the spirits.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

TALITHA CUMI ( for Greek ταλιθὰ κούμι , which, in turn, is a transliteration of the Aram. Aramaic טְלִיחָא קוּמִי ‘Maiden, arise’).—The words occur in Mark 5:41 , and were uttered by our Saviour over the daughter of the Jewish ruler, Jairus. The Aram. Aramaic noun is טַלַי = ‘lamb.’ This has its emphatic form, masc. טַלְיְתִא , fem. טַלְיְתָא ; or, according to the analogy of Edessene Aram. Aramaic preserved in th e ̣̣̣Peshi tta, טְלְיחָא . It is interesting to note that in Palestinian Aram.Aramaic the word טְלֵי passes from meaning ‘lamb’ to being a term of endearment for a ‘child.’ We thus reproduce the words of Jesus accurately, if we render them, ‘Lambkin, arise.’ In the Gr. of Mark 5:41the Aram. Aramaic words are translated τὸ κοράσιον , ἔγειρε . The ‘articular nominative’ is in NT used sixty times for the vocative case (Moulton, Gram. of NT Gr. p. 70). In Luke 8:54 we have ἡ παῖς , ἔγειρε.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I would say fake tongues is the result of falsely understanding that everyone speaks in tongues, we see clearly from Pauls teaching that the gifts of the Holy Spirit vary and not everyone gets the same gifts........Pentecostals will do what ever it takes to manifest the gift of tongues as they are taught its the only sign that confirms you are saved

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

"an occult man who was saved by the power of God's mercy,confes that they do speak in tongue,and some of the tongue they spoke in their society,he is hearing them in the church,is there any thing like fake speaking in tongue?"

The enemy also speaks in what we refer to as 'tongues' - believe me, really. ......If this is what you are referring to as 'fake tongues'.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

TALITHA CUMI ( for Greek ταλιθὰ κούμι , which, in turn, is a transliteration of the Aram. Aramaic טְלִיחָא קוּמִי ‘Maiden, arise’).—The words occur in Mark 5:41 , and were uttered by our Saviour over the daughter of the Jewish ruler, Jairus. The Aram. Aramaic noun is טַלַי = ‘lamb.’ This has its emphatic form, masc. טַלְיְתִא , fem. טַלְיְתָא ; or, according to the analogy of Edessene Aram. Aramaic preserved in th e ̣̣̣Peshi tta, טְלְיחָא . It is interesting to note that in Palestinian Aram.Aramaic the word טְלֵי passes from meaning ‘lamb’ to being a term of endearment for a ‘child.’ We thus reproduce the words of Jesus accurately, if we render them, ‘Lambkin, arise.’ In the Gr. of Mark 5:41the Aram. Aramaic words are translated τὸ κοράσιον , ἔγειρε . The ‘articular nominative’ is in NT used sixty times for the vocative case (Moulton, Gram. of NT Gr. p. 70). In Luke 8:54 we have ἡ παῖς , ἔγειρε.

Interesting. So the question is why did Mark and Luke preserve Jesus' words this way?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I've never understood what talking in tongues meant. I thought it meant speaking in a language that everyone could understand (so that someone who speaks English believes that he hears it in English and someone who speaks French hears it in French and so on...). I actually believed tongues to be just that, a universal language that everybody understands (a pre-Babel language).

However, when I hear people who are supposed to be speaking in tongues, it sounds just like manic foreign gibberish to me, so tell me what is the point of that? Who is supposed to understand it and what does it signify?

TALITHA CUMI( for Greek ταλιθὰ κούμι , which, in turn, is a transliteration of the Aram. Aramaic טְלִיחָאקוּמִי ‘Maiden, arise’).—The words occur in Mark 5:41 , and were uttered by our Saviour over the daughter of the Jewish ruler, Jairus. The Aram. Aramaic noun is טַלַי = ‘lamb.’ This has its emphatic form, masc. טַלְיְתִא , fem. טַלְיְתָא ; or, according to the analogy of Edessene Aram. Aramaic preserved in th e ̣̣̣Peshi tta, טְלְיחָא . It is interesting to note that in Palestinian Aram.Aramaic the word טְלֵי passes from meaning ‘lamb’ to being a term of endearment for a ‘child.’ We thus reproduce the words of Jesus accurately, if we render them, ‘Lambkin, arise.’ In the Gr. of Mark 5:41the Aram. Aramaic words are translated τὸ κοράσιον , ἔγειρε . The ‘articular nominative’ is in NT used sixty times for the vocative case (Moulton, Gram. of NT Gr. p. 70). In Luke 8:54 we have ἡ παῖς , ἔγειρε.

Hi brother Fez.thanks for your replied,when ever i comes across your post,something inside me will be reminding me how your replied to one of my post, when i newly joined this site turns my life around for good,i appreciate,keep the flag flying,only God will reward you"

I've never understood what talking in tongues meant. I thought it meant speaking in a language that everyone could understand (so that someone who speaks English believes that he hears it in English and someone who speaks French hears it in French and so on...). I actually believed tongues to be just that, a universal language that everybody understands (a pre-Babel language).

However, when I hear people who are supposed to be speaking in tongues, it sounds just like manic foreign gibberish to me, so tell me what is the point of that? Who is supposed to understand it and what does it signify?

As a correct born again,it's good to pray or speak in tongue,speaking in tongue is a spiritual gift,when ever you are praying in tongue it's between you and God,no body around you will understand accept God,even i myself,i have been praying to God to grant me the gift of praying in tomgue,it will help me in my midnight prayers,those people that has it says that he charge them.even Jesus said that those that believe in him shall speak with new tongues" mark 16:17"

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually, that sounds more like the gift  of interpretation - being able to understand what someone in another language was speaking. Sound waves can't be changed. A "pre-Babel" language would not be anymore understood to an English-speaker than Hindi.

Hindi sounds like "manic foreign gibberish" to me.

Most people who "speak in tongues" do so for the purpose of prayer. Paul does mention the use of tongues to "talk to God."