• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Thank you Kwik, I have been doing what you said for the last 31 years. I'm not a new Christian, and I know I have the Holy Spirit in me.

But just look at our nation. Maybe this is an over simplification, but not really. Most of our problems are directly related to people who call themselves Christians, not obeying God almost at all. I mean not even 1 bit. And I place much of the blame for this on my generation. And you won't hear that from many people my age. Sometimes I get the opportunity to speak to young people. I blow them away and get their attention when I say that. They are so used to their parents and other older people telling them every thing is their fault. Not really. They're just doing what they saw us do their whole lives. But even people my age grew up believing our lives would be like the fantasies we grew up watching on TV. But most of that generation is gone. Technically, some of them started this mess, but many more of them resisted the sins my generation embraced, and today is considered normal. But normal by who, well not God, I can tell you that.

What I'm referring to is casual sex, abortion, having children out of wedlock, and all the divorce and remarriage. Let me tell you quite honestly, in the 60's finding a girl to have sex with, was very hard compared to today. That was good. It was better. But many in my generation didn't think so. Therefore, they slowly but surely changed our society, and what our churches taught, to make all this seem quite alright with God. A mistake is one thing. But for decades people have lived this way, and it's not a mistake. The churches tell them, it's alright, you're forgiven, have sex with anyone all you want. Live with whoever you please. If you get pregnant have an abortion. Don't worry, you are forgiven. Just as easy as 123. No, I say this is wrong. These are all lies of the devil.

And then anything is permissible if done in the name of the green god. Stealing, cheating, extortion, just don't get caught. But God sees it all. Nothing done in secret will fail to be revealed in the Day of the Lord. 

I couldn't find a Christian church where even 1 person would agree with me. Instead I was made so unwelcome, I left. So I figured at least Catholics think about their sins, because they have to confess them. I was born and raised Catholic. But they have too many other issues for me.

My conclusion is I don't belong on Earth. God sent me here, He even gave me a couple of spiritual gifts. I think He wants me to help others. That's all I do at this age. But I look forward to leaving Earth. Most people dislike me because I won't shut up about God. I suppose if it was 2000 years ago, I would have been beheaded by now. Then I'd be free.

John

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

Well if you like to talk about God then have you considered getting into ministry?  I hear Charis Bible College is quite good.  From everything I am reading in your posts it seems like it might be time to listen instead of talk.  Listen to some preachers with strong biblical teachings and leave some of your hang ups at the door.

You said you couldn't find one Christian church where they agreed with you.  Well I'm not sure you're going to find a church like that anywhere.  People go to Church to learn, socialize, worship God, and strengthen their faith.  It isn't exactly a debate forum brother.  A decent Bible study would be more of a place for that- and even then it isn't really a place to argue established doctrine.

You seem so weighed down with doctrine, twisted teachings, and things that leave me a bit curious where you got them from.  Such as the Catholic Church was started by Christ and the Apostles.  This goes back to Peter being the first pope lie I assume.  I assure you Peter was not the first Pope and haven't heard that from somebody in a long time.

The Catholic Church is completely twisted and following their traditions won't get you any closer to God.  It's responsible for the deaths of millions and millions through history.  The theology is so unbiblical I don't even know where to start.  I went to Catholic school in my childhood and know it from first hand experience.  I left that school with no clue about salvation and the important things about Christianity.

You seem to think we're in some balancing act with God based upon our performance.  Our best efforts are as used 'menstral cloths' in God's eyes.  Those are God's words not mine.  Even all Billy Graham has done is a pile of ashes to God.  There is only one work that God honors and that is Jesus death on the cross for our sins.  Sure we will be rewarded in Heaven for our good works but they do not get us there.

How many of your sins were yet future when Jesus died for them?  All of them.  When you got saved your past, present, and future sins were thrown into God's sea of forgetfulness.  When God looks at you he sees us clothed in the righteousness of his son- not our filthy rags.

There will be those before God in judgement saying 'Lord! Lord! Didn't we do your works and cast out demons in your name?'  He'll say depart from me workers of iniquity- for I NEVER knew you.  That verse is there for those who think they got to Heaven by their works alone.

When God asks me why I should be allowed in Heaven I'll say 'I am not worthy- but I have believed in the Lord Jesus and his finished work.  Jesus paid the price for my sins and I am owned by him.  We are justified by our faith- just like Abraham and Moses.

Of course this doesn't mean we can live in sin.  We try and avoid sinning out of reverence for our Lord Jesus.  We love him because he first loved us.  When we sin it isn't surprising God and that goes for your sin yesterday and today.  Christians will make mistakes and sin. 

To show us how dependent on the cross we are Jesus even told us how God thinks of our sins and how deep it goes.  Jesus said to be angry at another is the same as murder- and just to undress a woman in your mind is the same as adultery!  To break ONE comandment in thought or deed is the same as breaking them ALL!

If I were you I would take everything I know about God and put it away and start with a fresh perspective.  We are to approach God as little children.  I've had to do this myself so don't think I'm speaking down to you in any way.  I had to let go of so many wrong and twisted beliefs to relearn the Bible for what it really says.  You are in the same boat and really need to let go and let God with all these things driving you crazy.  God promises a sound mind and peace- which you don't seem to have.

Once again I speak pretty straight forward and hope nothing I've said has been taken the wrong way.  Your heart is in the right place and that's the most important thing.  Hope I don't sound like some know it all but I've just been there man.  It is so liberating once you realize God isn't judging you as a believer based upon your performance for entrance into Heaven.  We are commanded to be Holy and should try and purge sin from our lives.  The reasons we do this is for protection, some blessings, and our thankfulness.  There are also rewards/treasures in Heaven and for some that is motivation.

Just look at life in general.  Some of the most holy, Godly believers I've known have experienced untold tragedy.  While some of the vilest people I've known seemed to get away with everything unpunished.  Rain falls on both the righteous and the wicked.  Not sinning isn't going to guarantee everything will be peachy- although I can guarantee sinning will make your life worse.

Wishing you the best of luck and pray God will give you the answers you seek.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,149
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

God bless you JTC,

I understand everything you are saying,,,,same generation,we surely made a mess & created the screwed up

generation we see today and many do disagree but I don't really care it is the truth......I don't really like it here too much either but I now embrace every second after God spared my life from cancer and there is much kingdom work to be done.......

JTC.....I hear it too,all I talk about is God-lol,is there anything better(I don't think so!)We seek God's approval,not mans......keep talkin'!!!!!I think Will's suggestion is a good one & I heard many good things about Charis also,Maybe it is God's calling for you?Well,I know I am off topic but after reading your reply I just wanted to say..."I like you fine"

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

So I went back to the Gospels and focused on the words of Jesus. Over and over Jesus stressed that we must obey God. Believing is not enough. Yes, forgiveness for sin is available. But most Americans are now living in sin, and they're not even worried about it

Never do I advocate sin. But you must remember that Jesus was speaking to people who still lived under the old testament law. He had not yet ratified the new covenant by shedding His blood on the cross. So Jesus admonished Jews to obey the Jewish law but not to twist it to avoid the intent of the law. They were still trying to get people to realize that no one can live up to God's standard of perfection. All of us are in need of a Savior. Still, if a person is truly born of the Holy Spirit he no longer wants to sin and he is made aware of and hates the sin in his life.

It is those who make sin a lifestyle that will not be found in heaven. It is those who make religion a superstition and who don't have a relationship with God that are headed for hell. These are also the ones that Christ came for. He died not for the righteous but for sinners. But as many as received Him, He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe [trust or rely on] in His name.

John 1:12 NKJV/AMP

Repentance is not confessing to a priest and saying hail marys and our fathers. It is turning away from sin and humbly seaking God's face, knowing we need His help. Brokenness and desperation are involved. We find as in Romans 7 that we are unable to change. And we find in Romans 8 that the way out of the mess of failure is to follow God's Spirit. We walk in obedience to His leading... And Galatians 5:16 says that if we walk in the Spirit, we shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. And, if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law. v. 18.

You can pray for God to come into the liberal churches you are concerned about as well as the dead churches. Pray for their pastors that they may speak the truth in compassion.

We all need Christian fellowship. I pray that you may find this in your island, and am praying that you might find a godly Bible study ìf not a formal church.

Blessings,

Willa

I know the NT is chock full of exhortation about living holy lives and living in purity. Not just is the NT full of exhortations for obeying God, but so is the OT. I've read all of the 66 books Christians consider the Bible, but Proverbs, Psalms, and all of the NT I've read more times than I can count. So maybe you aren't one of the people who gave me an argument last year, but if most people who call themselves Christians, were even trying to obey God, the face of America would look much different.

I understand where you are coming from.  You have a lot of people that teach that being saved by faith alone means that when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, all past, present and future sins are automatically under the blood.  You don't have to do anything to be forgiven for anything you do wrong.  God can't see through the blood line.  Yes, you should try to live right.  Yes, you should confess your sins, but that is for your benefit in the here and now.  It has nothing to do with where you will spend eternity. 

I don't believe any of that either.  It isn't what the Bible teaches.  I fully understand why this would make you question whether or not the Catholic Church is the true church, because they acknowledge the need to live right.  The same thing occured to me.  I would listen to the Mass on the Catholic Channel on my xm radio, and liked a lot of what I heard.  My Grandparents were Catholic, and my Father was when I was very small.  The Catholic Church claims to be the original church, and to trace their roots back to the early church.  They claim Peter was the first Pope. 

There is no way to verify any of the claims by churchs today about their history.  People are great revisionists.  They do it all the time to make their church appear to be the only correct church.  I looked at what the Catholics teach, and compared it to the things I see mentioned about the early church in the Bible, and I don't see any similarity.  I don't believe Mary was a virgin till her death.  I don't believe in asking dead saints to pray for us.  I don't believe in setting up statues for the departed saints to speak to. I don't believe in asking Mary to pray for us.  I don't see any of these practices in scripture.  In addition to that, I don't believe I need a Priest to confess my sins to.  It might make you feel better to talk to someone in person, but you can go straight to God the Father.  The veil was torn in two, and you can enter into the Holy of Holies spiritually.  The reason I don't believe the Catholic claims isn't because of what historians claim, but because many of their teachings just don't match up with the Bible. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  12/18/1961

Yeah shiloh, most of it is in ch 6 of John's Gospel. Specifically verse 54. Later on in ch 6 Jesus admits this is a hard teaching, and many can't accept. (I'm using the NJKV right now) But I don't think the translation matters that much. Although I haven't checked any Catholic translations. If this was only in Catholic translations it would be easier to ignore it.

I knew next to nothing about Catholicism when I walked away, at 18. And I didn't even know about this belief that the priest is transforming the host and wine into literal flesh and blood until 2000. I've been ignoring it since then because I have quite a few problems with Catholic dogma.

I didn't expect many of you to even discuss this with me because most of you always disagree with me. I'm trying to find the truth before there's no time left to find it. Especially with the Islam threat, we who claim the Bible is true had better get ourselves in 1 mind. That's enough for now.

Hi, JTC.

If we back up just a bit in John chapter 6, then we read:

John 6:4

"And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh."

Jesus was ever aware of His audience and His surroundings and it is no coincidence that John mentioned how that "the Passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh" before recording Jesus' words about "eating His flesh".  IOW, seeing how the Passover pointed to Christ, in type, with Christ being the True Passover Lamb (I Cor. 5:7), Jesus was merely letting His hearers know that they would need to truly partake of Him in order to be saved.  He wasn't teaching any sort of cannibalistic doctrine.

I've become concerned over when the various books in the NT were written, and by who. From what I'm finding out, the NT wasn't even written until 200 or 300 AD, and maybe later.

Actually the sources that make that claim are mistaken.   First of all Paul quotes directly from the book of Luke in I Tim. 5:18. He quotes from Luke 10:7.  Luke based his Gospel on being able to interview eye witnesses to Jesus' ministry. 

Precisely.  In fact, Paul refers to it as "scripture", so this tells us that Luke's gospel was already in written form at this point in time and that Paul wasn't merely reiterating something which Luke had said to him in their travels together.

I Timothy 5:18

"For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

If I was as gung ho on Catholicism as some of you seem to think, I wouldn't be posting here. I don't agree with almost any of their dogma at all. But whoever said you think I'm hung up on doctrines, you're completely wrong.

It's dangerous for me to say anything here, because there's a few mature Christians here that I know of. But there's many more baby Christians, and you folk shouldn't read my posts. I am trying to be considerate of you, but if all I do is worry about you folks, then I can't discuss what's bugging me. But that's what it's coming down to.

I have to say at least 1 more thing. No one church or denomination has the 1 and only saving truth. The Bible says God is not a respecter of persons, which is true. But God is also not a respecter of religions or denominations. A Catholic can be a Born Again person, as much as a supposedly Born Again protestant can in fact not be Born Again at all. If you can't see that, you can't understand anything I say.

I've been trying to share some insights with those who can grasp them, but I'm about to give up again. Although, unless God takes me away, eventually I'll be back.

I'll wish you all a Happy Turkey Day, and say good bye for now.

Mods, please close this thread. Thank you.

Before you go and before this thread is closed, I hope that you recognize that you were in error in regards to some of the things which you posted in your OP and that you'll adjust your beliefs accordingly.