• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Many scholars and religious historians believe hell is a only complete separation from God, and is not literal torment, but their beliefs directly contradict God's word.

Mat 5:22

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Dave :thumbsup:

Luke 16:19-32

"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.' "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' "Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.' " 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

I think this passage in the bible tells us how real hell is. If hell were not a literal place then why would the rich man beg for Lazarus to be sent to warn his family of the consequences of making a decision not to repent and chose Christ?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/27/1963

I'm down with literal! No Scriptural reason I've seen to think otherwise!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I'm down with literal! No Scriptural reason I've seen to think otherwise!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

dwinkjr....

Many scholars and religious historians believe hell is a only complete separation from God, and is not literal torment, but their beliefs directly contradict God's word.

That I would have thought is the crux of Hell...complete separation from the Eternal L-rd.

Seems literal to me.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I believe it's real but I must admit that I really don't fully understand why hell is nessesary. Its seems, from my own small human point of view a much harsher punishment then what a short lifetime of sin would merit. 70 or 80 years of sin and your sentence has only just begun after a billion times a trillion centuries of pain , screaming, burning and crying. I believe that believers and children escape this but the vast majority of souls that have lived are or were not believers and many didn't even hear the Gospel. Is the never ending agony nesessary? Seems a bit out of measure. I suppose this question is similar to to asking how old God is or when does space end. We perhaps can't see the answer on this side of the grave.

I have never met anyone that I would want to see end up there. Not even people I can't stand.

Dan

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I believe it's real but I must admit that I really don't fully understand why hell is nessesary. Its seems, from my own small human point of view a much harsher punishment then what a short lifetime of sin would merit. 70 or 80 years of sin and your sentence has only just begun after a billion times a trillion centuries of pain , screaming, burning and crying. I believe that believers and children escape this but the vast majority of souls that have lived are or were not believers and many didn't even hear the Gospel. Is the never ending agony nesessary? Seems a bit out of measure. I suppose this question is similar to to asking how old God is or when does space end. We perhaps can't see the answer on this side of the grave.

I have never met anyone that I would want to see end up there. Not even people I can't stand.

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dan,

Just remember that hell was never meant for mankind-it was created for the devil and his demonic minions. When someone consciously chooses to follow Satan by rejecting Christ, they know the consequences and have therefore accepted this punishment for themselves-all the more reason to stay in Christ!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Dan,

Just remember that hell was never meant for mankind-it was created for the devil and his demonic minions. When someone consciously chooses to follow Satan by rejecting Christ, they know the consequences and have therefore accepted this punishment for themselves-all the more reason to stay in Christ!

What of those who never heard the name of Christ?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

dgolvach...

What of those who never heard the name of Christ?

Is G-d then injust?

Does He make mistakes?

Will He punish people unfairly?

Can we trust Him in His judgements?

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

One thing is for certain G-d will not require us to advise Him on how to mete out justice...and though we may not fully comprehend now how things will pan out we can be confident in the very nature of Him to whom we have entrusted our eternal destiny that we will be astonished at His justice and mercy.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek you the LORD while he may be found; call you on him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well, I believe it was C.S. Lewis who said "Hell is locked from the inside".

I'm terrible with references, but the Bible says "no one is without excuse". I would also argue that God is not the one who sends us to Hell, but sentences us there. When Scott Peterson was convicted, no one blamed the judge for it. Man's own sin is what sends him to Hell.