Spirituality

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Ok, lets take this slowly, one step at a time, because you have unburdened a lot, and it took a lot out of you to write it.

One question to start,

Okay, so I mentioned briefly in the chat today that I have the ability to visually enter into the spiritual realm.

How do you do that and what do you see?

Relax it's not an attack, it is me setting my own guidelines for this discussion.

I have been doing it my entire life.  I see angels around me with my physical eyes all of the time.  But it is not me who does it, the Lord does it through me.  Without God, I would not be able to do any of this.  The Holy Spirit pours all over me, and I can look into people's souls, and I can look around all of their life just in the moment I am talking with them (generally this is one on one contact because I have never tried to actually ask God to implement this through the computer screen not sure how that would work) God gives me feelings that I try to convey with his spirit through my words.  For example, today at church I was talking to a friend.  I looked at him while he was having a conversation with me, but I was not looking at him exactly, the Holy Spirit was looking at him through me.  I told him I am not sure where God is going with this, but I feel like you have something going on in your life that is a bit unsettling.  I did not ask him what it was because I did not want to know, nor did I need to know.  All I did was relay to him that I saw angels all around his life right now, and that whatever was going on in his life God was with him, and that he did not need to be afraid.  I can see when demons or angels are present in people's lives.  I cannot predict the future, and I cannot read minds, nor would I want to because that is not my place to do.  

Sorry I always feel like I have to overly explain myself to make people understand I am not plagued by demons or have darkness within me.  I just want to get the truth across as accurately and openly as possible.  If you need to ask any more questions, feel free to ask them, I am not going to run away unless someone literally tells me this experience of mine is wrong because I know for a fact that it is not.  

***I just wanted to add that God can do anything so me being able to help others through a computer screen regardless of how it is done would still be possible.  I cannot limit him.

Thank you. It is good that you attend a church, I am a supporter of attending church!

What do your pastor or elders have to say about your experiences?

My Pastor is open minded because I am not the only person who has come into the church with the gift of spiritual discernment.  There are people who are older than me, who have gone through the same experiences with the Lord, who are in their 40's and 50's that I can relate to in detail about the gifts that I have.  They have all confirmed the things that I see, such as the constant amount of angels present around the church, and they have all  been quite generous and open minded to help me in my time of need.  I consult with them almost 3 times a week, and every Sunday we all share new experiences from the Lord with one another.  We have a feeling that God put us all together for a reason, but we have not figured that out yet.

And you know, this is to all of you that has responded.  Please forgive me for being so blunt, and so honest, in my very first post.  I can't explain to you what it's like being able to see physical people, and then right next to them being able to see angels.  I only see angels now, and I can thank the Lord God Almighty begging and raising my arms on my knees for that.  I know there is a God, I have walked with him in my dreams.  I am sure there are points, whether you remember it or not, that we have all had a dream or unique experience with God.  Everyone experiences him differently, and this is how he gave me the ability to experience him.  I don't know why, and I have been pondering as to why he did so for several years.  My mother inherited the gifts, she always talks about how she has "good intuition," but that downplays what it is that she can actually see.  So, I just wanted to apologize for being brash.  I am still quite fearful of branching out to others, but God wants me to, and that is something he pushes for me strongly to do due to the fact that I have spent many years in solitude from the fear of seeing darkness and having no one to relate to about it.  It was several years of prayer, and pleads with God, and begging, to get him to help me.  In a way, I should have known I was capable of being able to help myself.  I should have taken responsibility for the matter and tried to consult with a church who would support me.  But I was Catholic, and not that many Catholic churches were open to spiritual discernment as much as my own.  And being so emotional about it, I know it would have been impossible during the time that I was going through the peak of the darkness to ever branch out.  So, in a way, the years of solitude in learning on my own how to deal and cope with my experiences was a good thing.  Before I went back to the church, I had gotten to the point that I was not afraid of the darkness around me.  I literally at the point when I was really growing into my ability during my teenage years was so scared that I could not sleep without the lights on.  I had sleeping problems from being woken up in the middle of the night over this stuff for quite some time.

But that's all over now.  I don't know, the point of this submission was to let you know I am in fact rather friendly.   :P  I just want to make some new friends, and I was trying to see if there were other people maybe on this site who had spiritual discernment as well.  To see if I could work with them or help anyone who needed help with it.

1 Corinthians 12:1-11

Concerning Spiritual Gifts (ESV)

Now concerning[a] spiritual gifts,[b] brothers,[c] I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

To me, I interpret this as the way that I was taught to interpret it.  People are given the sight of spirits, and they can see either angels or darkness.  They can then use this ability to alert others if darkness, or light is in their lives or around the area.  But they can only do so if the Holy Spirit wants them to, and they need to be able to have a strong connection with the Holy Spirit in order to be able to do so.  They have to admit that it is God who performs these gifts through them, and that without them it is nothing that they themselves could ever do.  When you lose sight of the fact that any gift you have regarding in this nature is from God and works through you by the Holy Spirit, you lose the gift.  There were times when the gift was very active in my life, because I was closer to God in that moment, and then times when it worked against me because I was straying from the God I knew who was so very real in ignorance to let my fears take hold of me.  Also, when I was sinning, and trying to find other means to deal with a situation that could only be dealt with through God.

Edited by SilentLamb

In the early days of the church, signs, wonders and mighty deeds were done to validate the message that chosen speakers were preaching.  Once the Bible was completed, there was no longer a need to "perform" any kind of a sign because the completed Word was more than sufficient to guide and instruct the readers.  2Ti 3:16-17  All Scripture is God breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

This is my question regarding this.  I understand that a long time ago others who were prophets of God, or who were gifted, would perform signs in order to prove that God was the true God.  But, why is it that my gift has to be for the use of proving others on such a grandeur scale?  One of things I have come to understand that he has done with my dreams, for example, is that the Holy Spirit will talk with me in my mind as I sleep.  The last one I just had he went over a memory I had of myself at work talking about another coworker when I was frustrated.  The Holy Spirit was telling me in my mind that this was not the way of those of the light, and he told me that I need to work harder on respecting all people's frustrations by keeping it to myself even if I meant talking about it with my coworkers in a light hearted way to deal with the stress because regardless talking about others is not very nice.  Then, in my dream, to signal that it was in fact God's intervention, I had a menu in my hand because I work as a hostess at a restaurant.  I was turned with my back to Jesus as he approached, and then all of a sudden Jesus reached out and grabbed the menu from my hand.  I felt a force grab an imaginary menu from my hand in real life, which woke me up from a deeper sleep, and then just before I awoke from my deeper sleep I turned the moment the menu was taken and watched Jesus walking farther away into the dining room.  When I awoke, I was still somewhat asleep, and it was quiet and peaceful in my room.  I asked God in my mind if that was him intervening, because my dream experiences and recognition of the Holy Spirit's guidance had grown, and he sent me happiness and a peaceful feeling.

So, I say this as an example to point out that maybe God gave me these abilities as a way of teaching me how to shape myself as a person.  That perhaps this is his unique way of intervening in my life to show that he loves me and cares about me and wants me to grow in his light for the betterment of my chance to glorify him.  He gave me the ability to write rather well when it comes to stories, and after a while of convening with him I have learned that going towards an English degree in my Education is what I am to do with my life.  Later, I am going to write a book about all of the experiences I have with God the closer I get to him to somehow give back to the world.  But, I do not consider myself a person who would try and parade around the world and prophetically speak about the things that God has given me.  Because in regards to dreams, he does not ever give (or so far in my life) me dreams which would concern others.  More so, myself, and they center around kind of a father daughter relationship.  Generally when he does this, I need to be careful because it means that if I do not change I will have to deal with it later.  The only thing that I have in regards to gifts that  I feel could help others is my spiritual discernment.  That, even in action, is on a basic level.  As I said I am not a psychic and I never want to be one.  The Holy Spirit lets me see if someone needs encouragement, or if they need to be warned away from taking a darker path like I once was on.  Is that a bad thing?  Being able to reach out to others who need help if the Holy Spirit gives me the urgent feeling to do so?  Of course, I would have to proceed with caution during a time of life that we live in, but more or less I have only ever expressed my gifts openly with those who do not make me feel fearful.  I am afraid of rejection, and perhaps that this "opening up" that the Holy Spirit wants me to do will be apart of a lesson in conquering that fear.  Which this thread is giving me the opportunity to begin doing, as well as going back to church on a regular basis to work with those who are more experienced in the Faith than I am.

When you saw Jesus in your dream, can you describe His physical appearance?

Well, I only saw him briefly.  Any time I have seen him in my dream, I have not ever seen his face.  It seems like each time I go to look at his face, he is either turned away from me or it is blurred and I cannot make it out.  Like in one of my dreams with Jesus, I was in a car crash.  All I saw was long brown wavy hair, and of course a man's body.  He was clothed in light in the dream with the car crash, and that was the same for the dream with the restaurant memory.  When I turned to look back at him after he took the menu I saw the back of his head and him walking away in bright light.  He walked away so quick, and then I woke up.  In the dream with the car crash, he was driving the car to save me from death.  When I looked over to him, I had no idea who it was at first, because I had not had such a vivid dream in a while and this was back at the beginning of my coming back to the Faith.  I looked right at him in my dream, but his face was blurred.

Ok. I was just curious.

Thanks.   :)

I think, but this is my personal opinion in reflection to myself.  I think that God had not wanted me to see his face in those dreams I was having because he wanted to test my Faith.  In the car crash dream, I had no idea it was even him until later when I woke up and strongly felt an urgency about that dream from the Holy Spirit.  But it took me several months to figure that out, I mean, that God was in the dream with me because I was puzzled as to who it was. I mean, you don't just sit down and assume God is going to join you in your dreams! :P  In this last dream, which I had yesterday about the restaurant, he let me see the back of his head to conclude that it was in fact him intervening in my sleep.  It was a comforting to feeling to even be able to look upon the Lord like that without it being my imagination.  If I ever get to see his face, though, I will tell you.  I am not sure if I ever will, because that I think would take the mystery out of the afterlife.  We will see, maybe years down the road. I am hopeful. :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

SilentLamb, I am very familiar with some of the things you've experienced in the past.....   I have one important question.  Do you have any time periods in your life that you don't remember....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

SilentLamb, I am very familiar with some of the things you've experienced in the past.....   I have one important question.  Do you have any time periods in your life that you don't remember....

lol!!! The mother ship oo.......

SilentLamb, I am very familiar with some of the things you've experienced in the past..... I have one important question. Do you have any time periods in your life that you don't remember....

Why are you asking me this?