are there any preppers here?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that subject covers a lot of possibilities.....   do you mean financially, food wise,  defense wise, spiritually wise or what...??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I think you are talking about storing up food.Right? I started out years ago and the food would get old.And I have not kept up with it.I do have other things stocked aways like candles,masks that sort of thing.

Guest AFlameOfFire

I'm not what's typically called a prepper, but I do enjoy watching the more saner preppers videos. Some of them have great ideas for hard times. And to be honest we have prepared a bit.

But there's only so much you can do if you have a mortgage anyway, and we still have one.

So it would dumb to prepare for many years of hard times (in your present residence) in certain scenarios, when you know (in such a time) you will likely be foreclosing. Which is typically 6 months out in normal conditions (could be stretched in a time like that)

But, where would you put all your survive tomorrow stuffs then? Know what I mean?

One of the better ideas I really liked (that saves a bunch of money) would be that modify a truck to run on wood. I was watching one guy at you tube modify his truck to run off wood and thought that was so cool. I get into that kind of stuff (even being a female) I'm strange I guess, and then I went to a forum where they all do that and I have considered getting one modified or buying a used one (already modified). One of the guys over there had sold one of his few modified trucks to another member there for just a couple of thousand dollars, and you can get that back in what you wouldn't pay in gas alone pretty fast.

And the other option I have considered is the tiny homes, because I have been so wanting to ditch this money pit house and get one of those, but my husband is not interested in budging. Although I have been trying to get him to budge for years (to no avail).

So I have been looking at what my alternatives are. I just ran into Yurts the other night (which are too cool) or just a small cob building (which also make sense in a lot of ways)  besides the fact that they are just adorable.

But I am really torn between stationary and mobile.

That's all I have been looking at lately though. That and fermenting stuff, but that's a different thread.

Some of the container homes are perfect too, with what folks are doing with them. 

Last night I was looking at possibly doing a small Amish built shed conversion. Still really weighing my options, and what would work best.  I have been feeling very pressed (and for a very long time) in doing this, and that feeling has not left me and Im searching all my options.

So I am looking to go through with this one way or another. But it would just be without my husbands consent (although without his actual protesting me doing it).

But that would just mean my name would be on it (not his) and he can pretty much sleep in the mylar tent I will spring for him (without asking him either) lol

Okay, just kidding, I'll let him move in with me if anything happens.

There are many kinds of preparing other one is right, its pretty vast concerning the ways one can prepare. Nothing wrong with downsizing, and being frugal verses building bigger and living for pleasure.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:(

Edited by alivia

Anything can happen, as the feds have told us. That's scary but its even more scary not to have anything to fall back to and what about those who aren't prepared. If they don't have water or food or a means to get it, other than take it from those who have..... 

That would be me. 

Guest AFlameOfFire

Man, your probably the most prepared, because I have been somewhat torn in all this preparation stuff.

I literally cant beyond a certain point because Im physically unable, and couldn't fend for myself, and there are those way worse off then myself and some people just cant, and that's what always bugged me about it. Like some people haven't a home to sell (in order to do anything) and there are those who have sold their homes (altogether) for the purpose of giving to those in need verses storing up for a little place carved out in the middle of the woods for themselves.

But you come to my house I'll feed ya bro, the whole thought of having a little something stored up just for ourselves never sat well with me,

And Alivia, its sorta funny, I have a really hard time with the thought of that whole bugging out thing, because if I ever need to get on the ground (to get into a tent) to sleep I will not be getting up again unless theres some one to help me LOL. I cant get up by myself.

To truthful with you, I would far rather not be thinking or have prepared much at all, I would rather take a short cut, and be shot the first day riots break out, that's a far better escape route (and plan) for me

But I mean seriously...lol I must still be loving my life (some wheres here) in seeking to save it (somehow) in storing up I think.

I am definitely questioning this in certain areas (at least for me) that is.

Im a bit torn on this still

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:(

Edited by alivia

Guest AFlameOfFire

Im not totally lame here, but if I need to wrestle a squirrel over a nut the squirrel would definately win.

Wasn't always the case though, I could kick a squirrels butt at one time, just not now LOL

I'd be thrilled to pieces if someone shoots me early in the game

And yeah YOU can hope to help someone, not me so much because Im one of the three things you named LOL

But the deep love of the many nowadays assures me I will feel more blessed things then what it feels like to hit my head on some hard object (under any given bus) lol

Every one seems armed with their multitudes of AK47's and eager to share "their stuff" out there LOL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Anything can happen, as the feds have told us. That's scary but its even more scary not to have anything to fall back to and what about those who aren't prepared. If they don't have water or food or a means to get it, other than take it from those who have..... 

That would be me. 

We should start a club. I also am an unpreppered. Whatever...