GoofyGirl

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't sure which topic to post this under so I chose Worthy Q & A.

I was just thinking about something. I know god uses us to help/encourage others etc. But I keep thinking we have to be all saved & "perfect"  etc before we start "preaching" or giving them advice about god (e.g trust in god etc) otherwise people would look at our lives &  we'd look like hypocrites. But then my friend told me that god used a lot of people in the bible who doubted, murderers etc. So if we had the chance to witness or encourage someone/give advice but our life doesn't seem 'sinless or perfect' like most people would picture christians,  what do we do?

There is no perfect Christian,

Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Eph 2:8-9  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--  (9)  not by works, so that no one can boast.

Remember you are not boasting in your own ability but Jesus'.  If someone points out your sin acknowledge it and repent.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with ninhou... and add.....if you have the chance to tell others about the "good news" ....do it.  It's not your personal testimony that will save the lost...it will be the Holy Spirit taking the word of God and quickening it to their heart....in other words ..its the work of the Holy Spirit...not yours.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,162
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that makes three of us that agree

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

Four of us,Glory to God!

With love in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Five

Nobody is living in absolute perfection.  I would say if you can look at your life and say you are doing your best, you are qualified to witness for Jesus. 

Guest AFlameOfFire

Bearing fruit unto perfection is scriptural, and James speaks of how to identify the perfect man.

Could be helpful to add a definition of perfect as the scriptures speak of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Six that agree with Ninhao

Guest shiloh357

I wasn't sure which topic to post this under so I chose Worthy Q & A.

I was just thinking about something. I know god uses us to help/encourage others etc. But I keep thinking we have to be all saved & "perfect"  etc before we start "preaching" or giving them advice about god (e.g trust in god etc) otherwise people would look at our lives &  we'd look like hypocrites. But then my friend told me that god used a lot of people in the bible who doubted, murderers etc. So if we had the chance to witness or encourage someone/give advice but our life doesn't seem 'sinless or perfect' like most people would picture christians,  what do we do?

Think of it like this...    From whom would you rather receive advice about a something you are struggling with in your life?   Would you rather hear from someone who has no idea what it means to have struggled and has never chewed the same dirt as you, or would you rather hear from a fellow sinner who has been there, or is perhaps in the middle of a struggle and knows exactly what you are feeling and can testify as to how the Lord is sustaing and/or gave him/her victory over that situation?

God allows suffering and struggling in our lives to make us stronger, to sharpen us and to make us more able to speak to the issues other people are going through, not in a preachy way, but to speak to those issues from a common frame of reference.   The best testimony is not how that God completely fixed everything, because sometimes, He doesn't.   The best testimony is about how God brings us through the storm.  He doesn't always calm the storm we are in, but He always calms the storm that is in us.  He uses the storm to develop His character in us.   Sometimes we are better students than at other times.  But that is the work that He is doing in each of us.  

The school of suffering can accomplish more for our spiritual growth than any seminary ever could.