IGNORED

pastor quits religion for one year

ayin jade

Guest Butero

Based on this man's life as a Christian, it didn't seem like he was really following God in the first place.  His beliefs were at odds with the Bible all along, and it appears he is trying atheism because he has problems with Biblical teachings.  I personally don't believe you can choose to be an atheist.  You either believe in God or you don't.  You can choose to live like an unbeliever, as this man is doing, but he either believes in his heart God is real or he does not.  It comes across more to me he believes in God but doesn't like him.  He needs prayer to come to God for real for the first time. 

For many are called, but few are chosen. And wide is the gate that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it. For if we willfully sin, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

No genuine child of God would ever do what this individual is doing.

Since your name is "man" and not "God" I don't think your in any position to question this mans salvation. ;-)

For the next 12 months, Bell says he will live as if there is no God.

He will not pray, go to church, read the Bible for inspiration, trust in divine providence or hope in things unseen. He’s taking the opposite of a leap of faith: a free fall into the depths of religious doubt.

Bell said. “I’m suspending my belief in God to see what atheism is all about.”

I'm going on what the man said. I'm not questioning anything.   :thumbsup:

For many are called, but few are chosen. And wide is the gate that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it. For if we willfully sin, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin.

I couldn't agree more.  We shall know them by their fruits, and if one willfully sins, that is not keeping with the fruit of being born again.  It's not a question of pronouncing judgement or criticism, but simply letting the facts and the fruit speak for themselves.

I feel sorry for this man.  I pray that God has mercy on him and shows him his errors, that he may turn from his sin and seek out the Lord.  I fear that he will be in secret torment for the rest of his days if he does not repent.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

It seems to me that this man is seeking. God has been working on him and had placed him where he could be exposed to the Truth of scripture and who HE is. As others have stated, I don't believe, as evidences of his fruits, that he ever came to a place where he truly put his trust in God. I see many in the church today like this, and I can actually respect this man for at least saying "I'm not sure what or who God is" rather than continuing in a position where his unbelief would ultimately be more harmful to the church members and Christian school students. (If I were a parent, I would not want an unbeliever teaching my students at a Christian school, or as my pastor).

I gave up "religion" a long time ago. By this, I mean I stopped doing "church" things just because "that's what we always do". I place of "religion" I started delving into the Bible more and separating what was Biblical teaching from "church doctrine and tradition". Yes, I have alienated myself from several congregations, but my relationship with The Christ has grown. I sincerely hope this gentleman finds Christ in time to truly develop a relationship with Him, and realizes that all he had was "religion" and never a "relationship".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love In Him...

I agree that we do not know the path that someone will take to get to that "born again" for sure place...That relationship place...for some of us, it's not easy-and takes many turns and a long time...and some of us go unconventionally...Hahaha...Just look at Saul who is Paul...I wouldn't trade the lit path where I found Jesus for no amount of money, not for a million trillion dollars...

He needs prayer covering him...for sure...as this may be the very place God has designed-that he will live through, the place where he finds Jesus for sure and gives his testimony and thousands are saved...Jesus is in it Somewhere...but prayer is what will make the difference-in my opinion...

We are born into an unsaved world-with free will...and those that don't want to believe God, I believe, God removes His Hand...so we pray...Asking God to change His Mind...Asking God to change (the person's heart)...It's all possible...and happens a lot...Thank You God!!! Whew...tearing up now...Save him to the uttermost, I pray, In The Name of Jesus...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I did not read the whole story. But I wonder if this pastor only had a "religion" and not God. From what I read it sounds like it was just his "job" to be a pastor and teach at a Christian school. Where he followed the rules like any other job but did  not  have a real relationship with Christ. I guess I don't really understand.

I echo those thoughts.

He considers himself walking away from a religion, not walking away from a relationship. This speaks volumes.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It seems to me that this man is seeking. God has been working on him and had placed him where he could be exposed to the Truth of scripture and who HE is. As others have stated, I don't believe, as evidences of his fruits, that he ever came to a place where he truly put his trust in God. I see many in the church today like this, and I can actually respect this man for at least saying "I'm not sure what or who God is" rather than continuing in a position where his unbelief would ultimately be more harmful to the church members and Christian school students. (If I were a parent, I would not want an unbeliever teaching my students at a Christian school, or as my pastor).

I gave up "religion" a long time ago. By this, I mean I stopped doing "church" things just because "that's what we always do". I place of "religion" I started delving into the Bible more and separating what was Biblical teaching from "church doctrine and tradition". Yes, I have alienated myself from several congregations, but my relationship with The Christ has grown. I sincerely hope this gentleman finds Christ in time to truly develop a relationship with Him, and realizes that all he had was "religion" and never a "relationship".

Much love In Him...

I agree that we do not know the path that someone will take to get to that "born again" for sure place...That relationship place...for some of us, it's not easy-and takes many turns and a long time...and some of us go unconventionally...Hahaha...Just look at Saul who is Paul...I wouldn't trade the lit path where I found Jesus for no amount of money, not for a million trillion dollars...

He needs prayer covering him...for sure...as this may be the very place God has designed-that he will live through, the place where he finds Jesus for sure and gives his testimony and thousands are saved...Jesus is in it Somewhere...but prayer is what will make the difference-in my opinion...

We are born into an unsaved world-with free will...and those that don't want to believe God, I believe, God removes His Hand...so we pray...Asking God to change His Mind...Asking God to change (the person's heart)...It's all possible...and happens a lot...Thank You God!!! Whew...tearing up now...Save him to the uttermost, I pray, In The Name of Jesus...

Good words!

I did not read the whole story. But I wonder if this pastor only had a "religion" and not God. From what I read it sounds like it was just his "job" to be a pastor and teach at a Christian school. Where he followed the rules like any other job but did  not  have a real relationship with Christ. I guess I don't really understand.

I echo those thoughts.

He considers himself walking away from a religion, not walking away from a relationship. This speaks volumes.

I agree, Neb. :thumbsup:

I tried walking away from the relationship and it was a pretty miserable way to live . . . ended up coming back to the Lord after crash landing as a homeless drug addict. Not a path I'd recommend to anyone who belongs to Christ. :)