IGNORED

"Seducing Spirits"

Guest spirit filled?

Guest spirit filled?

Hi and God Bless.

Is it possible, that today, many have been seduced by the teachings of man?

Now, i am referring to the professing church.

Those among us, who scream at the top of their lungs, that "Tongues", as practiced in the modern day pentecostal church, are the sign of being baptised in the Holy Spirit.

Is it possible, most likely, that these professing christians, have indeed been "Seduced" by the teachings of man....to satisfy his 'Carnal' desires?

Please share your thoughts, on "tongues" as practiced today.

Looking forward to all your replies, and God Bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Nothanks! Been through this discussion too many times. Nobody will change their mind, so why bother?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the good folks at gotquestions.org have answered this quite well.

Many churches today believe that the miraculous gifts of the Spirit have ceased. They believe that the gifts of healing, miracles, prophecy, tongues, etc. are no longer present in the Christian church. Others believe that all the gifts that were available at Pentecost are still available today. So, who is right? I do not believe that the Bible dogmatically states that the miraculous gifts of the Spirit have necessarily ceased, but I do believe that there are some major differences between today and the early church. The Holy Spirit is free to dispense gifts as He sees fit (1 Corinthians 12:7-11).

There is nothing noted in Scripture that would prevent the Spirit from giving someone the gift of healing, or miracles, or anything else today. However, the early church did not have the completed Bible, as we do today. Therefore, they needed the gift of prophecy in order to know what God would have them to do. Since we have God

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I can only speak for myself, I pray in tongues every day. I didn't start on my own, it was forced on me at the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I can only speak for myself, I pray in tongues every day. I didn't start on my own, it was forced on me at the time

Could you please elaborate more on this?

warm regards

-bud

Guest spirit filled?
Nothanks!  Been through this discussion too many times.  Nobody will change their mind, so why bother?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi my friend in Christ.

Thanks for your reply, to this thread.........God Bless

Leonard, we must always share the truth, don`t you agree?

To be a 'good' steward of what has been revealed to "YOU"..requires that no one, change their mind, or even agree with you, as long as the scriptures confirm what your saying is "THE TRUE WORD OF OUR LORD".

A personal revelation from our Lord, need not be agreed with, but must be 'Shouted' from the roof tops. Say amen!

We, as the true church, must always, share the true meanining of the scriptures, and trust in our Lord, to produce the harvest.

Proverbs 1:7

Guest spirit filled?
I believe the good folks at gotquestions.org have answered this quite well.

Many churches today believe that the miraculous gifts of the Spirit have ceased.  They believe that the gifts of healing, miracles, prophecy, tongues, etc. are no longer present in the Christian church.  Others believe that all the gifts that were available at Pentecost are still available today.  So, who is right?  I do not believe that the Bible dogmatically states that the miraculous gifts of the Spirit have necessarily ceased, but I do believe that there are some major differences between today and the early church.  The Holy Spirit is free to dispense gifts as He sees fit (1 Corinthians 12:7-11).

There is nothing noted in Scripture that would prevent the Spirit from giving someone the gift of healing, or miracles, or anything else today.  However, the early church did not have the completed Bible, as we do today.  Therefore, they needed the gift of prophecy in order to know what God would have them to do.  Since we have God

Guest spirit filled?
I can only speak for myself, I pray in tongues every day.  I didn't start on my own, it was forced on me at the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi my friend in Christ.

Do you have any idea what your praying for in tongues?...Is it for self edification?

How are you my friend, edified by praying in tongues daily..........No, not your spirit..........but "YOU",How are you edified by praying in tongues?

The answer is, your not.....YOU have been seduced by the doctrines of man.

Spend your day,praying in your natural language, and then, and only then, will you truly edify yourself, when you see the prayers you asked of our Lord, "ANSWERED".

MY advice for you is to "run from the teachings of man", and perhaps even yourself.

Proverbs 1:7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Nothanks!  Been through this discussion too many times.  Nobody will change their mind, so why bother?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhhh the voice of sanity in the midst of chaos. I agree with Leonard. :thumbsup: