IGNORED

Your favorite non musical (earthy) sounds

Guest DRS81

Guest AFlameOfFire

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite. I like the sound the ocean makes when it washes up and down the shore..

Agreed. The sound of silence. If that's not a sound, then the sound of a ribeye on the grill........

Mmmm... ribeye, that sounds good right now lol

Guest AFlameOfFire

lol I have to admit that I'm a closet horse manure smeller too.

Ah ha!

SEE??!!

Hall's coming out of the manure closet lol

You just needed someone else to be honest about loving whats weird first (and Im good at admitting weirdnesses)

Its a gift

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

The manure closet :crazy: 

Guest AFlameOfFire

The manure closet :crazy:

The horse John

lol

I want to copy that fragrance and bring it into my home rofl!

I did that with cedar, I have a cedar atrium and I grabbed this cedar oil, and wow, I love the smell of that too.

But then I dehydrated garlic in there (and it took like 48 hours) because I didnt cut it thin enough and the entire room reeks of garlic, I will never do that again.

Still stinks out there, I need to explain myself to whoever comes in lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Lol! Why the garlic? Vampires?

Guest AFlameOfFire

Lately? Oh yeah, I got me some vampires but garlic wouldn't help me with this particular species.

What had happened was I bought 3 lbs of peeled garlic at Sams club (just because I hate peeling it) and its far cheaper to buy it in bulk then like how I typically buy it and I use a lot of it.

Anyway, I canned a pound and a half of it for the fridge. And I had some left over so it was between dehydrating it and throwing it out, so I chose to dehydrate it.

But I will throw it out next time, my nose will never be the same, it got bombarded with that garlic smell to the point of sick lol

Its like the spores just stick inside your nose and the smell just follows you everywhere too.

I can send ya water Kefir grains Hall, mine are making babies like crazy they breed faster then bunnies lol

And I just had my first bottle of the champagnelike kefir shower me in the kitchen this morning.

You might have fun with that bro (experimentation!)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Lately? Oh yeah, I got me some vampires but garlic wouldn't help me with this particular species.

What had happened was I bought 3 lbs of peeled garlic at Sams club (just because I hate peeling it) and its far cheaper to buy it in bulk then like how I typically buy it and I use a lot of it.

Anyway, I canned a pound and a half of it for the fridge. And I had some left over so it was between dehydrating it and throwing it out, so I chose to dehydrate it.

But I will throw it out next time, my nose will never be the same, it got bombarded with that garlic smell to the point of sick lol

Its like the spores just stick inside your nose and the smell just follows you everywhere too.

I can send ya water Kefir grains Hall, mine are making babies like crazy they breed faster then bunnies lol

And I just had my first bottle of the champagnelike kefir shower me in the kitchen this morning.

How did the kefir taste? Are you happy with the result?

For me it's the sounds of a light rain outside my window, and the crackling of a small fire. :cowboy::heart:

Love to listen to the waves on the beach...:)

Guest AFlameOfFire

How did the kefir taste? Are you happy with the result?

Hi angels! Actually the whole experience has been fun! The milk kefir (i retired) I am air dehydrating that and have a very small portion in my fridge that I can feed once a week, that is just yucky tasting but I will consider it for smoothies.

The water kefir I am still experimenting with. But I made pear (and that wasnt so good) I was just curious but I wont make that again. I do have the apple and black cherry bottled (and getting carbonated ) so I cant tell yet. But wow, it was just like this one video where it "explodes" the carbonation is great!

But I tried another way of making soda too (black cherry and ginger ale) and I was real pleased with the results but I need to tweek the amount of yeast, my husband could "pick up on that yeast". And I think its because the persons recipe I followed just uses too much (even if just an eighth of a teaspoon) the  same effect can be reached by using 7 grains of yeast (a far smaller amount). I got that reccomendation from a root beer recipe, and that might take care of that, I gotta retry it.

Still experimenting

My milk kefir grains barely reproduced but the water grains quadrupled and I felt awful having to toss a couple of cups of them away.

Well, you know born only to die here, what a waste

Want some?

I need to put them up for adoption and find good homes for them (im taking applications) lol

Hi Flame,

I'm so glad you like your soda's and that they turn out so well,I don't drink any carbonated stuff so I don't think it's something I would enjoy ,I'm sure it would taste good cold when it's a warm day :) 

Can your write the steps down how you make it?

My milk kefir is gone completely,I had it for 1 1/2 years and I'm done with it and will buy it in the store :)