• Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If God created man He must have a sense of humor..... :grin:

He created me, so he definitely has!

Guest AFlameOfFire

I wouldnt think being merry equates with  humor or even merry with laughter given it says...

Prov 14:13 Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness.

Ecc 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Unless being humorous (which is meant to provoke laughter) is synonymous in itself with an expression of joy?  Which I dont think it would be because it says, Prov 14:13 Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful....And that sorta shoots that down somewhat. But again  I have heard its fairly common knowledge that alot of comedians (those who strive to make others laugh) suffer from depression (in themselves). That reality seems to fit in with how even in laughter the heart is sorrowful.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

Oh I truly do believe that God has a sense of humor.....but real joy,more than we could even comprehend.I often say,if you want to make God laugh,"make plans"................ :24:

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I wonder what God finds generally funny, then? :noidea:

Blessings My Sweet Sister...

All kidding aside let us reason together.....as we consider the verses of Scripture that Flame has shared with us ,shall we think on these things as we ought to ....eternally,heavenly(Col 3:2)

What do WE consider "funny".....I would have to say things that are earthly,temporal,of this world.......when we hear a joke or see something that strikes us as "funny",is it not usually something that is of the flesh or of this world?But when our hearts are filled with "joy" it is usually something deeper & in spirit....when we laugh because we are delighted it is much different than humor,don't you think so?

So perhaps it is not that God has"a sense of humor" as we would know it but rather He is pure "joy" &" happiness".

Just pondering and thinking about"the Joy of the Lord",the funniest thing"in the world"cannot compare to His Joy.....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Blessings My Sweet Sister...

All kidding aside let us reason together.....as we consider the verses of Scripture that Flame has shared with us ,shall we think on these things as we ought to ....eternally,heavenly(Col 3:2)

What do WE consider "funny".....I would have to say things that are earthly,temporal,of this world.......when we hear a joke or see something that strikes us as "funny",is it not usually something that is of the flesh or of this world?But when our hearts are filled with "joy" it is usually something deeper & in spirit....when we laugh because we are delighted it is much different than humor,don't you think so?

So perhaps it is not that God has"a sense of humor" as we would know it but rather He is pure "joy" &" happiness".

Just pondering and thinking about"the Joy of the Lord",the funniest thing"in the world"cannot compare to His Joy.....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Lots to ponder upon and consider at length: thank you!

Blessings to Shar ,

I see you here & have seen you post on a different thread but I seem to have missed you on the Welcome Forum,I know my Sister Zion will not mind if I take this time to welcome you to Worthy.......every time I read your responses I am curious to know why you replace the letter "o"with a dash when referring to God or Lord,may I ask why?

God bless you,I do hope you enjoy Worthy as much as I do!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you In Him,

I think God finds His Creation Funny at times...I know that I had this thinking before much maturity...but I would think this: that God thought it was funny as He watched me go to and fro...searching for Him...(I'm glad He kept me alive until I could find Him...Hahaha...(Until really I chose Him above all-and left all the world behind for Him, His leading and Guiding, to the very best of my ability) I used to think God was saying: Well, there she goes again...

There is definitely a difference in "being in the world" and laughing at something or somebody...

and being born again and having a changed "merry heart"...Now there is Peace and Joy-usually that is...Hahaha...and I get just pure Joy out of thinking about how God Created different things...How He put ideas in people and they create things that help us on the earth...or thinking about Wow-God...Why did You do that? Whatever it is...that is funny...so it's like we, us and God can have a relationship...goes both ways you know...praying-talking...The Wonderful-ness of it all...

I have a different perspective now, too, about myself and other people...We are all God's Creation...and in every person there is a little bitty bit of Light...sometimes have to look hard for it...sometimes there is a brick wall that has to be knocked down that is keeping the Light from shining...but in every person there is a God Light that is trying to Lead and Guide them into All Truth...

I agree too that Flame's given verses are in the process of our maturity...The verse in James is talking about sinners getting clean and when I was there in that place...My laughter needed changing...My heart needed changing and everything...I needed God's Joy...I needed Hope...and there is Hope after...If we don't give up...Biblegateway .com signifies that James: 4:7-10 is talking about Humility Curing Worldliness...James 4:7-10 (The last verse, v.10, is The Hope for me) (7) Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (8) Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (9) Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. (10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up. He is the One Who Lifts us Up!!! Oh Yes He Is!!!

and All of Psalm 27 is fabulous but especially v. 13, which gives me Hope again...Psalm 27:13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living...I get pure Joy out of seeing The Goodness of The Lord...Here on this earth...Love you In Him, Kathy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

Blessings to Shar ,

I see you here & have seen you post on a different thread but I seem to have missed you on the Welcome Forum,I know my Sister Zion will not mind if I take this time to welcome you to Worthy.......every time I read your responses I am curious to know why you replace the letter "o"with a dash when referring to God or Lord,may I ask why?

God bless you,I do hope you enjoy Worthy as much as I do!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am also from South Florida. Went to FSU and I miss my beach. I practice Messianic Judaism, where Jews and Gentiles who believe in Jesus worship together (we refer to His Hebrew name, Yeshua). We hold to the practice of the faith at the time of Jesus, the apostles and the early church, which was a biblical sect of Judaism. In Judaism, the name of G-d is most holy, so we do not write out G-d or L-rd in respect to his holy name. Often, G-d will also be referred to in Judaism, as Ha Shem, which means the name. Thanks for asking.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

You ever seen a platypus?