• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart

How do we get to the point we are seeking him with our "entire heart"?  I am trying to seek him with things but I am having a hard time understanding the "entire heart".  Let me clarify I know what it means in theory but how do you know that is what you are doing?  I mean how can you be sure you are using your "entire heart"?

I want so much for my wife to accept Christ but am I seeking him enough?  I pray but am I praying with my entire heart? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart

How do we get to the point we are seeking him with our "entire heart"?  I am trying to seek him with things but I am having a hard time understanding the "entire heart".  Let me clarify I know what it means in theory but how do you know that is what you are doing?  I mean how can you be sure you are using your "entire heart"?

I want so much for my wife to accept Christ but am I seeking him enough?  I pray but am I praying with my entire heart? 

Hi crossFX77,  That is kind of a tough question isn't it.  I can feel your heart and love towards your wife in wanting her to be saved.  I think living the christian life and being an example of Christ in front of your wife is a powerful thing and influence of the Spirit of God.  Of course this must be done in humility not because of one be better than the other.  For that will only cause fights you know.  Have you ever wanted something so badly that you would do everything in your power in order to get.  Whether it was to work overtime for the extra money or cut down on your grocery bill to save the money for what you wanted.  Well that is kind of what it is in a sense.  In the fact that we have to sacrifice to give up what we want for something else.  But there is more getting the things we desire than just sacrifice on our part whatever it is we are willing to sacrifice in order to get what we want in life.  And that is faith.  You can't give up believing for your wife to be saved.  For God knows the desires of your heart and hears you when you are praying and knows the things you request before you even ask them.  We give our whole hearts in true sincerity in spirit and in truth.  Only an individual and God can know the true sincerity of the heart.  If we approach God and our hearts do not condemn us then we have the confidence to ask what we will in our fellowship and time with God.  We also know that God hears our petitions and request from him.   But when we are not sincere and remain unrepentant before him then we have no confidence and faith to approach God for what we want.  Our guilt stops us from doing so until things are made right again.  But if our hearts are pure and sincere  before God then we have the confidence and the faith to ask God for what we want.by faith.  Our hearts can know and be assured he has heard our request.   Keep the faith and don't stop asking for God to save your wife until he does.  blessings  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you In Him,

So many times, too, we do not even know the exact moment we have what we have been seeking...God is Amazing...He takes our little humble hearts and changes them for the better...and then one day you look around and say...Wow, I haven't done that for awhile...or Oh, I understand that verse now...

I just have to tell you this: a testimony because its what happened to me...Jeremiah 29:11-13 is my life verse...The verses I hung onto when there was no hope for me...or at least I thought there wasn't any hope...

There have been many things I've learned and much understanding has come in my walk...but there is nothing just about that has affected me more than going to God and Seeking Him "With my Whole Heart" for someone else...and that was my dad...my real biological dad...I came to know Jesus after I was grown...I was 12 when he and my mom divorced over his adulterous affair...and I loved my daddy and missed him!!! All the time growing up...I loved and missed him...He was fun-but anyway...He didn't know Jesus...So here we are years later and my sister and he had been talking and my sister told him that he should call and ask me to pray...

So one day the phone rang and it was my daddy and he told me that he had been diagnosed with Alziehiemers and that he wanted me to pray for him...

It changed my life...I only thought I knew something...I didn't know anything...yet...

I went after The Healer...Jesus...Like never before...I wanted to know how He healed people...I wanted to know everything about Him...God would bring all kinds of anointed pastors into my path...anointed books...and He began to show me...and because I didn't give up...My "whole" heart was changed...I did everything led by God for my daddy to for sure be saved...I truly believe he was saved before he died...It was a long distance endeavor...

I truly believe that until I cared about someone else's condition more than my own and went after Seeking God for the solution and what happened was I ended up experiencing so much of The Bible in the process...my whole heart is God's now and He leads and guides us into all Truth...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings cross,

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool-but whosoever walketh wisely,he shall be delivered(Proverbs 28:26)........I do understand what you are saying & I can share with you my own experiences in "matters of the heart"........Our hearts & minds are very unreliable & without Christ I know I cannot do anything,not even "love".......When surrendering to Christ as Lord & Savior of our lives & submitting without reservation we are crucifying our flesh too and as Christ abides in us we have the heart & mind of Christ by the Power of the Holy Spirit.......it is no longer that we seek God with all of our heart but with Jesus own.....

We could never try hard enough or even"know"what we are doing,seeking God with all of our heart does not come from any effort of our own but by Christs finished work on the cross.....He did it all for us.Pray for a refreshed indwelling of the Holy Spirit & the heart & mind of Christ Jesus,the Way ,the Truth & the Life.......no man can come to the Father except through Him.

I do hope that this has encouraged you trust God & ask Him to help you love as He does......like He is your best friend sitting right beside you(because He is)..........God bless you & I shall Keep you in prayer

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

to grow deeper in Him, requires focusing your thoughts on Him. The better you know Christ, the more  you will understand about your life.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thank you for the wonderful insight and information.  My problem is that my mind wonders :(  Product of ADHD, or so the doctor says.

it makes it hard to remain focused on the prayer at hand and my mind tends to wonder and I lose focus. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Much love to you In Him...Christ My Lord...

Just Believing He Can Overcome Even That...Go to God with all of you...just as you are...Praying for you and your family...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

" how does one seek God with all their heart "   To be blunt, have you ever had a child of yours at deaths door, and you know that if you don't reach God with your prayers you will lose that child. Have you ever realized you are helpless on your own, and the only help will come from God. That is what it takes to seek God with all your heart.