• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Do you see the difference between salvation and sanctification?

To require anyone seeking salvation to already be a committed, obedient and persevering disciple of Jesus is to confuse the act of salvation with sanctification, a process that takes a lifetime, and then some.

And if you "google" Lordship Salvation and COP you can see for yourself what this doctrine actually advocates.

Old School, if a woman marries a man but does not covenant to make this man "her lawfully wedded husband", what kind of marriage is it? If the woman wants the man's benefits but does not want to give the man her benefits as his wife, is she truly marrying him?

Whether the others are agreeing or disagreeing with the Google resources, I cannot say. But what I am reading from the others are not what you are saying.

A huge problem we have with Christianity today is people wanting Christianity for the benefits but still be their own god.

Yes, sanctification is a process, but with salvation what do you believe Jesus is saving us from?

From having been saved by grace through faith, only to be condemned into trying to keep it though my own commitment, obedience and perseverance.

Matthew 24:13

But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Old School, Keeping the question in context:

To require anyone seeking salvation to already be a committed, obedient and persevering disciple of Jesus is to confuse the act of salvation with sanctification, a process that takes a lifetime, and then some.

And if you "google" Lordship Salvation and COP you can see for yourself what this doctrine actually advocates.

Old School, if a woman marries a man but does not covenant to make this man "her lawfully wedded husband", what kind of marriage is it? If the woman wants the man's benefits but does not want to give the man her benefits as his wife, is she truly marrying him?

Whether the others are agreeing or disagreeing with the Google resources, I cannot say. But what I am reading from the others are not what you are saying.

A huge problem we have with Christianity today is people wanting Christianity for the benefits but still be their own god.

Yes, sanctification is a process, but with salvation what do you believe Jesus is saving us from?

From having been saved by grace through faith, only to be condemned into trying to keep it though my own commitment, obedience and perseverance.

How can one be saved from God's wrath without the atonement? How can one be atoned without the blood of Christ being applied to them? How can the blood be applied without confession and surrender?

I don't know, but I do know that I can be saved without Lordship Salvation; in fact, Jesus has been saving us without it for nearly 2,000 years.

Nope.   Jesus doesn't offer salvation apart from His Lordship.  If Jesus is not your Lord, you are not a Christian.

Again, if I must make Christ Lord of my life in order to be saved, then I'm in a Catch 22: I must make Christ Lord to be saved, but I must be saved in order to make Christ Lord. And how is it possible for anyone to make Christ Lord since He already is Lord regardless of what anyone believes to the contrary?

Guest shiloh357
Again, if I must make Christ Lord of my life in order to be saved, then I'm in a Catch 22: I must make Christ Lord to be saved, but I must be saved in order to make Christ Lord. And how is it possible for anyone to make Christ Lord since He already is Lord regardless of what anyone believes to the contrary?

No, there is no catch 22.  You simply don't understand.   Accepting Jesus as Lord is not a separate act from accepting Him as Savior.   It's a package deal.  Jesus offers Himself as both Savior and Lord.  You accept Him as both at the same time when you come to the Lord for salvation.

Really, you are making this harder than it has to be.

I don't know, but I do know that I can be saved without Lordship Salvation; in fact, Jesus has been saving us without it for nearly 2,000 years.

Old School - do you believe Jesus died just for us to get into Heaven, not to save us from Sin, and as if God doesn't care about us doing things that hurt others, hurt ourselves, and poke Him in the eye?

Can one be a recipient of God's grace without first reconciling to God? ...

Jesus is the only mediator capable of reconciling God and man.

Saved by Grace, kept by our endurance and perseverance?

No, there is no catch 22.  You simply don't understand.   Accepting Jesus as Lord is not a separate act from accepting Him as Savior.   It's a package deal.  Jesus offers Himself as both Savior and Lord.  You accept Him as both at the same time when you come to the Lord for salvation.

I'm the one making salvation more difficult? If salvation is already "package deal" than Lordship Salvation is an unnecessary addition.

And please note my new avatar.

Guest shiloh357

I'm the one making salvation more difficult? If salvation is already "package deal" than Lordship Salvation is an unnecessary addition.

And please note my new avatar.

"Lordship salvation" is not an addiiton and it never was.  It was a manner of expression.   The point behind it being that salvation is that salvation is a person.  Jesus is salvation.  His real Hebrew Name, Yeshua means "salvation."    Jesus, when we get saved expects to be both Savior and Lord.   Lordship salvation is salvation.  It amounts to accepting Jesus on His terms, and not our own.   He offers Himself as Savior and Lord and we will accept Him on those terms or not at all. 

If Jesus isn't your Lord, He isn't your Savior either.   You can't accept Him only half way.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Old School, do you agree that Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords, as scripture states?  Do you agree that God is the Lord Almighty as scriptures states?

Guest shiloh357

But Jesus, in context was talking about being 'saved' or preserved in the midst of the tribulation years.  it is not about enduring to the end in order to be saved from sin.