Edify

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Heard John Hagee preach that "anyone who smokes has a demon in them". Really; what biblical criteria supports that notion especially coming from a man who is clearly overweight (most might say obese)? Yet Hagee doesn't say he has a demon in him, making him fat. However, the bible does say 'it's not what goes into your mouth which makes you unclean but rather it's what comes out of your mouth'.

This is the type of nonsense that turns people off.  

Interestingly, the Bible does not address smoking...but it does address gluttony.

Go figure.

I hear ya brother.

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

God Bless you,you are in my prayers edify.......

With Christ's love-Kwik

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, I'll no longer be responding as this topic is closed now for me. Thanks everyone for your responses. Blessings.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

BTW, I'll no longer be responding as this topic is closed now for me. Thanks everyone for your responses. Blessings.

If you wish to have this thread closed please report it and request a moderator to lock it for you. 

ncn (chat servant) 

Heard John Hagee preach that "anyone who smokes has a demon in them". Really; what biblical criteria supports that notion especially coming from a man who is clearly overweight (most might say obese)? Yet Hagee doesn't say he has a demon in him, making him fat. However, the bible does say 'it's not what goes into your mouth which makes you unclean but rather it's what comes out of your mouth'.

Interestingly, the Bible does not address smoking...but it does address gluttony.

Go figure.

Nobody has shown John Hagee actually said it.  What is hard to understand about smoking not being mentioned when gluttony is?  They didn't smoke back then. 

What is with this open war on evangelical ministers?  You can claim they say and do something with no proof, and let others pile on. 

Nonbelievers that smoke follow the devil anyways, but believers who smoke are just being selfish. Believers have the holy spirit to overcome addiction, there is no excuse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Go figure.

Nobody has shown John Hagee actually said it.  What is hard to understand about smoking not being mentioned when gluttony is?  They didn't smoke back then. 

What is with this open war on evangelical ministers?  You can claim they say and do something with no proof, and let others pile on. 

Well, I don't know who nobody is...except that person sure does get alot of attention from you.  

I DO know however, that I personally did NOT say it.   :halo:

You are wrong about a smoking/tobacco use   I have no idea if Moses smoked or not though.   :confused:  He probably did not smoke hams ... certainly not after the Ten Commandments

Thank you for your offer to engage in frivolous arguing, but I simply must decline.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Smokers have free will. What you do with your free will is your choice. Mankind is weak willed...that is why we turn to Jesus to strengthen us.... Demons prey on weak willed men and women..... Whether smokers have demons or thru their own choice to smoke ....it came from free will.....either way when you stand before God each individual is responsible for their words, actions, behaviors and attitudes...bottom line is your not blaming demons or anything else that takes place with your being inside the body God let you use...

Demons do have such a hate for mankind...i can see why they would want them to smoke...if you ever witnessed a person dying from lung cancer from smoking..it is a terrible thing to witness and watch....the look in their eyes when they are trying to suck air into their damaged lungs....a look of terror and helplessness...not a good way to leave this world...I'm sure the demons enjoy it...but it is heartbreaking for the loved ones witnessing it...please don't put your loved ones thru it...

As far as Hagee goes...like all of us...we have are own freewill to deal with...without the strength of Jesus and His Holy Word....we are all doomed...

Go figure.

Well, I don't know who nobody is...except that person sure does get alot of attention from you.  

I DO know however, that I personally did NOT say it.   :halo:

You are wrong about a smoking/tobacco use   I have no idea if Moses smoked or not though.   :confused:  He probably did not smoke hams ... certainly not after the Ten Commandments

Thank you for your offer to engage in frivolous arguing, but I simply must decline.

Nobody means exactly what it implies.  Not one person has shown John Hagee actually said that smokers have a devil.  And what do you mean you aren't going to engage in "frivolous arguing?"  You just did engage in it. 

As far as my being wrong goes, in the link, it says use of tobacco use "may" have begun around 5000 to 3000 B.C.  That is hardly conclusive proof, and it was a weak source.  Even so, I can't imagine Peter, James and John lighting up a Lucky Strike.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice. Addiction is certainly not a good thing, and it would not be surprising if there were some demonic influence in some of the addiction problems people have. It seems very easy, however, for some preachers to find demons in nearly everything! Demons are real and a serious subject, and the worst thing about such statements is that it causes people to either fear what is not there, or to ridicule Christians as a whole because of the lack of wisdom of a few. 

So you do not drink coffee and never have a drink?You must not have any weaknesses.You must be perfect.If people would focus more on Jesus Christ and not give the demons any importance at all our world would be a better place.