• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Repent 1,

That description in Jeremiah 10 sounds to me like we shouldn't have decorated trees in our homes to celebrate the birth of our Lord, not that it would send anybody to hell, but only out of respect for the Lord, we shouldn't practice heathen, pagan customs, and as a matter of fact, I think it is pretty much as plain as the noses on our faces that Jeremiah was refering to what people call a christmas tree, and that we really shouldn't have one. 'Learn not the way of the heathen", we shouldn't practice it either.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

According to the Law, there are New Moons and Sabbaths and feasts and so on which should be observed.

In addition, there are many do's and don'ts the religious hierarchy practiced but they missed the "heart of the Law"....which is mercy.

Paul tells us that there is a law of freedom in Christ when we are being led by the Spirit of Christ...and in that law is the embodiement of genuine, heartfelt love and adoration.

God isn't worried about trees...but the heart beating in the man...

A tree means nothing in and of itself, apart from the sacrificial curse Jesus took upon Himself.

What DOES matter is...do you notice the cold, shivering man on the street corner with no food or drink? Do you remember the lonely widow alone in her home with no one to bring her a warm meal on Christmas?

God is looking for worshippers who worship in Spirit and truth...not formal do's and don'ts.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Repent 1,

That description in Jeremiah 10 sounds to me like we shouldn't have decorated trees in our homes to celebrate the birth of our Lord, not that it would send anybody to hell, but only out of respect for the Lord, we shouldn't practice heathen, pagan customs, and as a matter of fact, I think it is pretty much as plain as the noses on our faces that Jeremiah was refering to what people call a christmas tree, and that we really shouldn't have one.  'Learn not the way of the heathen",  we shouldn't practice it either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings salt and light,

I pray you the blessings of the shepherd :24:

I couldn't have said it better :24:

I believe that the message is in your screen name (salt of the earth, light of the world), good choice :24:

Your brethren in Christ,

Repent1.... :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Repent 1,

That description in Jeremiah 10 sounds to me like we shouldn't have decorated trees in our homes to celebrate the birth of our Lord, not that it would send anybody to hell, but only out of respect for the Lord, we shouldn't practice heathen, pagan customs, and as a matter of fact, I think it is pretty much as plain as the noses on our faces that Jeremiah was refering to what people call a christmas tree, and that we really shouldn't have one.  'Learn not the way of the heathen",  we shouldn't practice it either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then I guess you shouldn't be celebrating the Lord's birth on the Winter Solstice and the Lord's resurrection on the Spring Solstice.

Hmmmm....? :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Repent 1,

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Repent 1,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From where did Jeremiah know about Christmas trees - or the celtic practice from which they came? :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Repent 1,

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Repent 1,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings salt and light,

I pray you the blessings of the shepherd :taped:

I couldn't have said it better :taped:

I believe that the message is in your screen name (salt of the earth, light of the world), good choice :whistling:

Your brethren in Christ,

Repent1.... :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you think of what Cats and I wrote about this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings fellow sojourners,

I pray you the blessings of the shepherd of our soul

[catsmeow said]

In addition, there are many do's and don'ts the religious hierarchy practiced but they missed the "heart of the Law"....which is mercy.

[My testimony]

It

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

What does it sound like to me? Well, it sounds like something a knucklehead could take out of context, blow out of proportion, and use to try to beat up on other Christians, while heaping false accusation and condemnation at a bunch of good Brothers and Sisters here at Worthy.

I don't think I'd put up with such a fellow for too long.......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Greetings to all,

God's blessings :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays :huh:

What does this description in Jeremiah sound like to you?

[Jeremiah 10]

1  Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2  Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3  For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the Axe.

4  They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5  They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Your brethren in Christ,

Repent1.... :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you stop reading this chapter at verse 5 it is pretty easy to think the writer is speaking of a Christmas tree. If you read the whole chapter it will move you on to realize that he is speaking of graven images of idols. The wood in cut from a tree and it is covered with beaten gold and/or silver and clothed in violet and purple.

This is a good example of what you can derive from the bible by skipping around just looking at short pieces of scripture.

I personally am not a fan of the Christmas tree, or for Christmas as a holiday even for it is not biblical any more than this is a discription of a tree.