• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

so i am a little worried i am being selfish, see i desperately want to go home with the lord for many reasons. i feel very strange, like i no longer belong here in this world. this place doesnt have what i want or need all the things i desire only god has and i cant fully have them so long as i am bound by this flesh.

i am more than willing to leave all of this behind even my family just to finally have him and be with him. i cant stop asking myself what am i doing here? i mean i know from scriptures what we are doing here but i feel as i have over stayed my being here for some reason.

i cant help but wonder if i am being selfish or is my soul aware that its time to go home?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

hello fire heart,

Yes, I feel it is being selfish because God once us to influence others here on earth about Christ. God gives us opportunities even if we aren't looking for them. Just like the good Samaritan, he didn't have a do-list. Or things that inconvenience us, dead lines, etc.  Make your life count. hope this helps. blessings,

desi

Selfish to want to go be with the Lord. Absolutely not! If fact there is a crown waiting for those who long for His coming. 2 Timothy 4:8 tells us so: "Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." (NIV)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

so i am a little worried i am being selfish, see i desperately want to go home with the lord for many reasons. i feel very strange, like i no longer belong here in this world. this place doesnt have what i want or need all the things i desire only god has and i cant fully have them so long as i am bound by this flesh.

i am more than willing to leave all of this behind even my family just to finally have him and be with him. i cant stop asking myself what am i doing here? i mean i know from scriptures what we are doing here but i feel as i have over stayed my being here for some reason.

i cant help but wonder if i am being selfish or is my soul aware that its time to go home?

It's not selfish at all to want to be with the Lord!

The only problem is if your desire to be with Him is a cover for a desire to end your life that comes from depression. (I'm not suggesting you have this problem; but I know of people - myself included - who struggle with this.)

Whatever the case, the fact that you are here means that He wants you here for some purpose. So the best you can do is learn to find Him in the here and now. I hope that doesn't sound trite, but I have been finding that it is the most true.

Blessings on your journey in Him!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Phil 4:11 11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

In my view, we are here at this time, because God has determined this time for each of us. While here, in whatever state we are in, we are to learn to be content.

While being with the Lord is superior to being in a fallen world, while here, we have things to do, serving the Lord.  I prefer to be here, doing all that the Lord leads to, for I believe that it is God who desides that I live, and when I cease to live. As long as the Lord has me live, I am convinced He has a plan.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

It's not selfish at all to want to be with the Lord!

The only problem is if your desire to be with Him is a cover for a desire to end your life that comes from depression. (I'm not suggesting you have this problem; but I know of people - myself included - who struggle with this.)

Whatever the case, the fact that you are here means that He wants you here for some purpose. So the best you can do is learn to find Him in the here and now. I hope that doesn't sound trite, but I have been finding that it is the most true.

Blessings on your journey in Him!

no its not depression just a very deep longing and love for him.

Edited by fire-heart

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

As I have read through the word, it seems that Paul pretty much had that same feeling...    the need and desire to be with the Lord and away from all the darkness in this world I would think is pretty much a normal thing to experience.    I've had those same things come and go at various times, but have learned over the years that there must be a reason I'm still here...    He has kept me away from near certain death more than once in the past 20 years so I must understand that there is a reason for me to still be here.

So, I decided to make the most of it while I'm still down here in this life.    I have a fairly good idea of why I'm still here as I have crossed paths with the dark ones off and on over the past 35 years and have helped others who were on the edge and needed prayer and hope.    I have no idea why you are still here, but someone who believes to the level you do has the potential to help others who are lacking in their faith.

What helped me go get a grip on this world was to realize that I was in a position to help others and just started to open up to other people's problems.....   first with prayer and later to get to know them and share my experiences with how the Lord has kept me safe from the grips of Satan.

So I would suggest that you turn that desire of wanting to be with the Lord into wanting to help others to want to be with the Lord.......   without stopping wanting to be with the Lord.       I think that sounds weird, but it is what he told me to write.