• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

I wanted to take a break from Studying Plasma Physics LOL....

haha...nice attempt at a plea to authority.  Could you expand on how God impacts Plasma Physics?

Edited by jerryR34

One thing I noticed after the Nye/Ham debate and even before that debate took place is that Ham received death threats and extremely vulgar comments on his facebook page and on his website.   He wasn't merely ridiculed or belittled.  He reported all kinds of violently hateful things that people said to him  just because of his participation in that debate.   That shows that this is not an intellecual issue, but a spritiual one and it shows that there is more going on than a debate over different points of view.  

How does this impact science?  It's like me bringing up the inquisition and saying that Jesus does not exist because men did a bad thing. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

JerryR34 -How does this impact science?  It's like me bringing up the inquisition and saying that Jesus does not exist because men did a bad thing.

Good morning ...Not that I need to defend Shiloh357 but I think this was brought up just to show the "animus" inherent in the debate.  I would not suggest that it is not a two way street.  Wouldn't you agree that one's worldview is significant in many of life's arenas?

JerryR34 -How does this impact science?  It's like me bringing up the inquisition and saying that Jesus does not exist because men did a bad thing.

Good morning ...Not that I need to defend Shiloh357 but I think this was brought up just to show the "animus" inherent in the debate.  I would not suggest that it is not a two way street.  Wouldn't you agree that one's worldview is significant in many of life's arenas?

I think that if one lets his world views impact his science then it is bad science.  As I mentioned above regarding Alpha's reference to Faraday...I think you would be hard pressed to find any mention of God in his formulas regarding electricity.  Evolution is not a world view.  It is a basis for all biology.  Until its predictive value is nullified, there is no reason not to base all biology experiments on its precepts.  That is how knowledge is gained..it builds.

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh357 - What many people don't understand is that this is a battle of worldviews, not a battle of science vs. faith.

This is a valid point but I would just suggest further that there is a considerable difference in the "debate" when terms are left open to interpretation. Evolution as an all encompassing worldview with naturalistic origins is quite different from evolution as a process without reference to origin/creation.

In this conversation though, I think it is fair to assume that we are rerferring to the former.    I realized that we used the word "evolution" in other ways not related to origin or creation.   But in the context of this conversation, we are referring to the naturalistic theory of Evolution.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Shiloh357 - What many people don't understand is that this is a battle of worldviews, not a battle of science vs. faith.

This is a valid point but I would just suggest further that there is a considerable difference in the "debate" when terms are left open to interpretation. Evolution as an all encompassing worldview with naturalistic origins is quite different from evolution as a process without reference to origin/creation.

=======================================================================

This is a valid point but I would just suggest further that there is a considerable difference in the "debate" when terms are left open to interpretation

Which leads to Equivocation Ad Nauseum.

Sure would help if they defined the "theory"  into a coherent thought.  But we can't have that because it would implode @ a hint of even the slightest scrutiny.

evolution as a process without reference to origin/creation.

Like evolution is just change?  Well we see change; therefore, evolution is true, Right? 

However, MOST propagating this Lazily Ambiguous Terminology passes this off to Joe Coffee and Betty Breadmaker and uses the Facade of "science" to offer some conjured fallacious validity.

Guest shiloh357

I think that if one lets his world views impact his science then it is bad science.  As I mentioned above regarding Alpha's reference to Faraday...I think you would be hard pressed to find any mention of God in his formulas regarding electricity.  Evolution is not a world view.  It is a basis for all biology.  Until its predictive value is nullified, there is no reason not to base all biology experiments on its precepts.  That is how knowledge is gained..it builds.

Everyone has a worldview.  Every has a paradigm where life is concerned.  It impacts everything we do.  It is our paradigms that shape how we view and interact with the world  and the information it contains.  It affects how we interpret that information.

Evolution is rooted in a naturalistic worldview.   Evolution, however, is not science and it is not a theory.  Evolution is more of a philosophy.  Evoluion isn't proven, not by a longshot.  It is an untested hypothesis that many have tried to force us to accept as fact. 

Guest shiloh357

The animus lies in the fact science does not need any gods.  I'm quite sure Faraday did not include his God in any of his equations.  I think many in religion feel threatened by this.  If science, even evolution, threaten your faith in Jesus Christ you should reexamine your faith, not your science.  Jesus gave us two great commandments that evolution does not impact.

Actually the animus lies in the fact that men are in a state of rebellion and they are trying to purge the knowledge of God from his creation.   God is actually the best explanation for the origin of the universe.  If you were a Christian, you would know that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Enoch2021 - Which leads to Equivocation Ad Nauseum.

I think it is fair and reasonable to make the distinction between "Evolution" as a worldview of life and it's origins (and beyond) as opposed to "evolution" confined, if you will, to a process that explains the diversity of life.  Certainly one can "equivocate" within the terms themselves however the terms from my perpective are mutually exclusive. While I might choose to argue against Evolution, I seldom choose to argue against evolution.

Everyone has a worldview.  Every has a paradigm where life is concerned.  It impacts everything we do.  It is our paradigms that shape how we view and interact with the world  and the information it contains.  It affects how we interpret that information.

Evolution is rooted in a naturalistic worldview.   Evolution, however, is not science and it is not a theory.  Evolution is more of a philosophy.  Evoluion isn't proven, not by a longshot.  It is an untested hypothesis that many have tried to force us to accept as fact. 

Evolution is not a worldview or philosophy, it is a scientific theory.  No scientific theories can be proven, only disproven, and in 150+ years evolution has not been disproven.  Evolution is the basis for all modern biology for a reason, it has predictive value.