• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1915

You will never lose your special relationship with God...satan will always make stupid suggestions as such. What are the first words out of the angels in the bible?  Fear Not!  so actually we need to fear nothing. God bless you :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You will never lose your special relationship with God...satan will always make stupid suggestions as such. What are the first words out of the angels in the bible?  Fear Not!  so actually we need to fear nothing. God bless you :)

Hi, Randor. Welcome to Worthy by the way.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/21/1915

Thank you very much Oakwood, nice to meet cha :)

Guest Bethany

I fear that people will look at my life and be turned away from God/Christianity. I'm working on it...but sometimes I find myself blending in with the world.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Fear it-self.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I fear that people will look at my life and be turned away from God/Christianity. I'm working on it...but sometimes I find myself blending in with the world.

Sister, that is one of the wake up calls God sent to me when I backslid. If people have to ask me if I am a Christian, something is wrong.

The only "work" that it takes is repenting, to read the Bible and pray daily, and to attend church regularly. Ususally our interests change when we are in His word, communing with Him, and surrounding ourselves with more mature Christians. We start allowing Him to live in us to love others and to forgive.

We don't work at bearing good fruit. It is produced naturally when we are connected to the Vine. The branch does not grunt and groan to produce a grape. It just drinks in the sun, the water, CO2 and the nutrients provided by the vine. It is God Who gives the growth.

I can't say that I have much fear as a Christian. I do fear for others, for the heartache that is in store for them should they continue to make ungodly choices.

Guest Bethany

Sister, that is one of the wake up calls God sent to me when I backslid. If people have to ask me if I am a Christian, something is wrong.

The only "work" that it takes is repenting, to read the Bible and pray daily, and to attend church regularly. Ususally our interests change when we are in His word, communing with Him, and surrounding ourselves with more mature Christians. We start allowing Him to live in us to love others and to forgive.

We don't work at bearing good fruit. It is produced naturally when we are connected to the Vine. The branch does not grunt and groan to produce a grape. It just drinks in the sun, the water, CO2 and the nutrients provided by the vine. It is God Who gives the growth.

I can't say that I have much fear as a Christian. I do fear for others, for the heartache that is in store for them should they continue to make ungodly choices.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) And a little kick in the pants.... I need to repent.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I heard this saying, that you can be that kind of a Christian who tries to rescue everyone from going to hell, and is afraid of getting there self.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I fear something similar. I fear that Satan may try to make my life a living Hell in order to test my faith. Life isn't going so great for me at the moment as it is.

Saying a little prayer for Oakwood .

PS we are all depressed by the formal acceptance of certain

recent laws in society.

It creates a 'dark evil cloud' around us ,but remember it is only a matter of time

till God relieves us of our pain.

Patience has probably been the hardest test for me; it goes with Faith,and Hope ,and has to be cultivated .As someone a bit long in the tooth,who has experienced despair among other things,He always comes through for me ,and He will for you.

Do not expect too much as we tend to do in the west.We are being tested for endurance and faith .Hard very hard ,but it makes us grow into God's children.

Edited by Organic Medicine

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Despite my strong belief in God and our Savior ... there is a small iota of a percentage within me that fears that all of this is all ... I don't want to say "a joke" or "fake", but that Christianity really did start as a way to control the people and it took off on its own. But then again, there is so much historical and archeological evidence that events and people of the Bible existed. That's what I fear ... that when we die .. there really isn't a God or heaven. And I hate that fear so much.

Well I must admit many people have fears like that sometime or other .Some people need to know more with their hearts (Holy Spirit),and others need to know more with their logical brain,material evidence ,like Thomas . One of the reasons there are so many non believers among rational ,logical types is that in the past,Christians did not teach logically,and it is in part their fault because although Jesus would have preferred him to believe without 'seeing',He did not demand it,He gave Thomas a chance to 'see' the evidence.

Science is God's bigger evidence,as well as other stuff like archaeological evidence,and more . However in the end it is often a personal experience with God which allows total faith,when He delivers us from some terrible situation,and we have no doubts that He is ther when we call on Him .

Edited by Organic Medicine