Russ82

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The first resurrection is those who believed in Jesus and were caught up in the rapture along with those believers who are yet alive at the time. The Tribulation saints who are beheaded for their faith are those under the altar in heaven and cry out to the Father, "How long will You let our blood go before You avenge it?" The second resurrection is that of all the people who died from the beginning of time but were not believers and those who died during the  Tribulation period. Then and only then will they be judged and sent to outer darkness or life eternal.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” (Mt. 24:29-31)

Here is a clear statement from our Lord Jesus Christ who said that He will be coming “immediately after the tribulation” and not before, so how can Christians be with Him in Heaven during the Great Tribulation? 

The first resurrection is those who believed in Jesus and were caught up in the rapture along with those believers who are yet alive at the time. The Tribulation saints who are beheaded for their faith are those under the altar in heaven and cry out to the Father, "How long will You let our blood go before You avenge it?" The second resurrection is that of all the people who died from the beginning of time but were not believers and those who died during the  Tribulation period. Then and only then will they be judged and sent to outer darkness or life eternal.

Will Adam and David be in the first reurrection ?

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I believe they will be.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Revelation 20:4-6 tells us who is in the first resurrection.

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Very true, brother!

Remember also, that the remnant (one-third) of the Jews will escape by fleeing to the mountains.

Matthew 24:15-21

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Then sometime after the remnant escapes to the mountains, those days of tribulation will be shortened for the sake of the elect (chosen), which are the remnant of believers or those who are ready when the Son of man appears.  This must happen to fulfill (1 Thes. 4:17), otherwise no flesh would be saved, and the beast would overcome the entire body of Christ (all those that will return to reign with Christ at the second coming). 

Matthew 24:22

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, the shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Where the eagles gather around the dead bodies (Jerusalem) shows where the Lord will descend to in the clouds, like the lightning flashing from east to west, to meet His faithful servants in the air, those who are ready.  

Matthew 24:29-31

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Many believe the passage above is the second coming, but it is actually the rapture, for judgment begins with the house of the Lord (1 Pet. 4:17). The second coming to the earth won't happen until Christ returns to judge the nations (Matt. 25:31), separating the sheep and goats. The goats will be cast into the fire and the sheep will enter into the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies and be ruled over by Christ and His returning saints, which includes the saints taken who are ready, and the saints who are not ready and left to be martyred (overcome by the beast) .  The goats are destroyed (wrath) right after the Lord rewards with His saints and faithful servants as seen in the passage below.  

Revelation 11:18

The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth.

Lets continue, shall we:

Matthew 24:36-51

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and

ould not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Of course this is not going to be popular, especially with the pre-trib fans out there.  Nevertheless, this is my theory in a nutshell and I'm stickin' to it. :mgbowtie:

Cheers

Please provide scripture and explaination that the goats are cast into the fire immediately at Jesus second coming 

What is the purpose of the second resurrection and and who resurrected in this resurrection ?

Matthew 25:31-46

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

There's a few things that need to be taken into consideration here.

First, this is only a parable, so we should not take all of the details literally. It's just a story to provide clues for the wise, but the foolish will not understand.

Second, this parable is the only answer given for the disciple's question about the sign of the end of the age (Matt.24:3). All of the previous parables relate to His answer about the sign of His coming, which is the rapture and Him rewarding His servants, beginning with the gathering of His elect. If you haven't noticed, it took Christ almost two entire chapters before He was finished answering that one, multi-facetted question.

Third, the disciples were asking about the end of the age, not the end of the next age or the millennial age. We are still living in the same age of grace or church age.

This has nothing to do with the second resurrection. There is nothing in this parable that even remotely suggests that these goats were dead and resurrected. They appear to be fully alive when Christ returns. The dead unbelievers will not be raised until after the millennial reign, which is 1000 years later.

Who are these goats in reality? I believe they are the beast and everyone who takes his mark, the false prophet and all of the nations that gather against Israel and Christ at Armageddon, which will probably be a nuclear war.  In all, half of the worlds population will be killed.

Cheers

The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is compared with the unexpected house break-in of the thief at night.  Those who teach the Secret Rapture say the Lord Jesus Christ will come as a thief in the night to snatch away true believers while others are asleep.   

Matthew 24:42-43   Our Lord said, “Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.  But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken in.”  

These verses say nothing about the secret rapture, but only indicate Jesus will return like the thief who would come at an unknown and unexpected time.  The warning is for Christians to be ready at all times.

1 Thessalonians 5:2   The apostle Paul wrote: “For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.” This verse does not mean that believers would be raptured because if you read two verses below Paul gave the explanation.  “But you, brethren, are not in darkness so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.” (1 Thes. 5:4) It says nothing about a secret rapture.  Again, the message here is NOT that Jesus' coming will be secret, but that it will occur at a time when most will not expect it, therefore we must WATCH!

2 Peter 3:10   Here is a scriptural verse that completely destroys the secret rapture theory.  “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.”  How can there be a secret rapture when “the heavens will pass away with a great noise”?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is compared with the unexpected house break-in of the thief at night.  Those who teach the Secret Rapture say the Lord Jesus Christ will come as a thief in the night to snatch away true believers while others are asleep.   

Matthew 24:42-43   Our Lord said, “Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.  But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken in.”  

These verses say nothing about the secret rapture, but only indicate Jesus will return like the thief who would come at an unknown and unexpected time.  The warning is for Christians to be ready at all times.

1 Thessalonians 5:2   The apostle Paul wrote: “For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.” This verse does not mean that believers would be raptured because if you read two verses below Paul gave the explanation.  “But you, brethren, are not in darkness so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.” (1 Thes. 5:4) It says nothing about a secret rapture.  Again, the message here is NOT that Jesus' coming will be secret, but that it will occur at a time when most will not expect it, therefore we must WATCH!

2 Peter 3:10   Here is a scriptural verse that completely destroys the secret rapture theory.  “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.”  How can there be a secret rapture when “the heavens will pass away with a great noise”?

Who are you addressing and why have copy/pasted it on three different threads?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Just as in the days of Noah, it shall be so at His coming. They bought, and sold, built, married and were given in marriage. ONLY 8 souls were saved from the water.

True that Noah went through but one went up (rapture)

The bride does not go through the tribulation, she has already been purified through Christ.

Those without the oil will have to pass through the tribulation and stand the judgement.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Just as in the days of Noah, it shall be so at His coming. They bought, and sold, built, married and were given in marriage. ONLY 8 souls were saved from the water.

True that Noah went through but one went up (rapture)

The bride does not go through the tribulation, she has already been purified through Christ.

Those without the oil will have to pass through the tribulation and stand the judgement.

That makes alot of sense.