IGNORED

obama administration gives away internet

Love is alive

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh357 - I am always amazed at the fact that no matter how big of a liar Obama is, there are some people who are so devoted to him and will defend him no matter what.  The brainwashing of the Left is unbelievable.

I'm always amazed that so many people are so blind to what is going on within the republican party. It also amazes me that the republican party has proved itself to place America down the list of priorities. It amazes me that so many rank and file repubs choose to be oblivious to the truth. If one has evidence that the "planning" meeting did not occur, that Gingrich did not confirm that it did, that mcconnell did not make such a statement, that Ryan and many other repubs didn't support the stimulus and bills under Obama that they did under Bush, that they have in general obstructed in many areas of government ...  then please post your evidence.

If you would like more information on this please let me know.................

You live in some kind of delusion that the mistakes made by the Republians some how makes Obama immune from criticism or scrutiny.

Obama is a liar. His adminstration are a bunch of liars.  I am not defending the GOP.  But you are defending the liar-in-chief. Obama is your god, evidently and in your eyes he can do no wrong.  That is the only explanation for your blind unwavering devotion to a liar.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

It is easy to tell the brainwashed ones from both sides.  Their guy makes mistakes while the other guy is an evil spawn of satan trying to destroy the country,  The fact of the matter is that there is no "good" or "bad" side in politics today, both parties are filled with people to whom nothing matters but power and money, or it is money and power. 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Back to the topic at hand, this is a bad move and one that ironically Al Gore speaks of in his book that I am reading right now.  He thinks it is a very bad idea and claims it was not always the plan.  The idea that all ICANN does is approve names is terribly naive. 

This from Wikipeida...

ICANN is responsible for the coordination of maintenance and methodology of several databases of unique identifiers related to the namespaces of the Internet, and ensuring the network's stable and secure operation.[2] The numbering facilities include the Internet Protocol address spaces (IPv4 and IPv6) and assignment of address blocks to regional Internet registries. ICANN maintains registries of Internet protocol identifiers, and the management of the top-level domain name space (DNS root zone), which includes the operation of root name servers. Most visibly, much of its work has concerned the DNS policy development for internationalization of the DNS system and introduction of new generic top-level domains (TLDs). ICANN performs the actual technical maintenance work of the central Internet address pools and DNS root registries pursuant to the IANA function contract.

ICANN's primary principles of operation have been described as helping preserve the operational stability of the Internet; to promote competition; to achieve broad representation of the global Internet community; and to develop policies appropriate to its mission through bottom-up, consensus-based processes

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh357 - You live in some kind of delusion that the mistakes made by the Republians some how makes Obama immune from criticism or scrutiny.

I don't believe that I anywhere suggested that Obama is without fault, considerable fault at that. I am simply pointing out that there is seldom reasoned evaluation from the republican side, only criticism of the President.  Show me please where I said Obama was immune, show me in the threads where the rank and file lay much, some, a modicum of blame on the republican party? If you have I apologize, could you link me to those posts where you have been critical of the republicans?

Obama is a liar. His adminstration are a bunch of liars.  I am not defending the GOP.  But you are defending the liar-in-chief. Obama is your god, evidently and in your eyes he can do no wrong.  That is the only explanation for your blind unwavering devotion to a liar.

What I am defending is the narrow and myopic view held by most republicans...you say you don't defend so again show me where you justly criticize their do-nothing obstruction. Also, rather then go on some innocuous rant you could simply support your assertions...perhaps I would agree or we could discuss. (I hold to Ex. 20:3)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

LookingForAnswers - Back to the topic at hand, this is a bad move and one that ironically Al Gore speaks of in his book that I am reading right now.  He thinks it is a very bad idea and claims it was not always the plan.  The idea that all ICANN does is approve names is terribly naive.o

"In its 5 June 1998 "Statement of Policy, Management of Internet Names and Addresses," 63 Fed. Reg. 31741(1998) (commonly known as the White Paper), the United States Government declared its willingness to recognize a new, not-for-profit corporation formed by private sector Internet stakeholders to administer policy for the Internet name and address system. The White Paper envisioned a transition process during which the not-for-profit corporation would enter various agreements to facilitate ending the United States Government's role in the Internet number and name address system in a manner that ensures the stability of the Internet."

There is a list of supporting memoradums to the effect of such transition.

http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements
“The U.S. Government is committed to a transition that will allow the private sector to take leadership for DNS management. Most commenters shared this goal. While international organizations may provide specific expertise or act as advisors to the new corporation, the U.S. continues to believe, as do most commenters, that neither national governments acting as sovereigns nor intergovernmental organizations acting as representatives of governments should participate in management of Internet names and addresses. Of course, national governments now have, and will continue to have, authority to manage or establish policy for their own ccTLDs.”

"Recent revelations of large-scale surveillance have called into question the stewardship of the U.S. when it comes to Internet governance. So given the U.S.-centric model of Internet governance currently in place, it is necessary to broker a smooth transition to a more global model while at the same time protecting the underlying values of open multi-stakeholder governance of the Internet," said a European Commission statement.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This thread is closed. It has lost its initial discussion point and has become another political bashing thread, personal and unedifying.