IGNORED

Will there be slavery during the 1,000 year reign?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

The key is in the surrounding verses. This is not taking place in the Millennium (Thousand Year Reign), but just before. This is directly before the "Beast" and the "False Prophet" are thrown into the Lake of Fire, and Satan bound. Then the Millennium starts.

Revelation 19 NASB

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

So apparently slavery of some form will still be alive and kicking right up until the end.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Oak,you mean Revelation 19:18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free[a] and slave, both small and great.”

No there will not be slavery.That ended in the 1800's thank God  :grin:But I do not know what the meaning of slave is in the above verse.Does anyone else?

It still exists today in Mauritania, Sudan and a few other countries, and it's endorsed.

It only disappeared in the U.S. and Britain in the 1800s. It was officially abolished in Saudi Arabia as late as 1962 (but still exists unofficially with the Saudi government turning a blind eye to it).

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Oak,you mean Revelation 19:18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free[a] and slave, both small and great.”

No there will not be slavery.That ended in the 1800's thank God  :grin:But I do not know what the meaning of slave is in the above verse.Does anyone else?

It still exists today in Mauritania, Sudan and a few other countries, and it's endorsed.

It only disappeared in the U.S. and Britain in the 1800s. It was officially abolished in Saudi Arabia as late as 1962 (but still exists unofficially with the Saudi government turning a blind eye to it).

Obama is trying to enslave us American believers, little by little and destroy our democracy, which used to be a republic.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Obama is trying to enslave us American believers, little by little and destroy our democracy, which used to be a republic.

Yes,but that is a different way of slavery.I do not think there will be slavery again like there was in the 1800's.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Yes,but that is a different way of slavery.I do not think there will be slavery again like there was in the 1800's.

I don't think we will see slavery in the millennium.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I don't think we will see slavery in the millennium.

I do not think so either.Although there is debate if we will be sacrifice of animals.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Oakwood,

You have brought up an interesting point.  `What are the details of leadership in the Millennium?`

(-bunch of misfits....leaders selected from those beheaded...pecking order...some just acquired salvation....some at the very bottom slave or serf.) (I tried to copy & paste but it didn`t work)

I thought you may like these details from scripture -

A King - a man called David. (Jer. 30: 7 - 11)

Priests - from Israel. (Isa. 66: 20 & 21)

Rulers - those beheaded. (Rev. 20: 4)

Population - Nations (ethnic groups) that looked after the Jews in the tribulation. (Matt. 25: 31 - 40)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Im not as up on this subject as most who have posted here. I do have a take on the slavery issue.

There is one type that may have been taken slave during a fight or war; the few who survived would be made slave.

Also there were types that maybe came to a wealthy person and got several types of food over a period of time and could not pay back so they willingly became slave to that person to 1 survive and 2 to pay back what they owed. and after a certain time was set free. Im thinking if there is slavery it would be of the second type.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I'm sure not seeing slavery there.

I see it. In order to have an iron rod we need manufacturing  facilities and mining. The slavery is figurative for a wage slave maybe?