IGNORED

Will there be slavery during the 1,000 year reign?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 19 (KJV)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

How do  you get slavery out that verse?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Yeah, I'm sure not seeing slavery there.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

There is not one mention of slavery in the entire 19th chapter of Revelation.  I'm curious as well how do you get slavery out of that one verse?

Guest DRS81

Slavery: 'and he shall rule them with a rod of iron'

But I think the OP is mistaking an ungodly human ruler vs. Jesus Christ ruling, as in a slave to godliness and goodness, lol...

http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/revelation-lbw.htm
Verse 15 The rider on the white horse has a sharp sword. It seems to come from his mouth. This description shows us the power of his words. They are like a sword that cuts his enemies to pieces. He will speak and, by his words, he will defeat the nations. Christ overcomes all by the words of his power. This is what Isaiah the *prophet said. ‘He will strike the earth with the bar of his mouth. With the breath of his lips, he will kill the wicked people.’ (Isaiah 11:4).

He will rule the nations like a *shepherd with an iron stick. An iron stick is strong and it will not bend. So, Christ will be strict when he rules the nations. He will punish all who do not obey him. (See Psalm 2:9.)

Pulpit Commentary http://biblehub.com/revelation/19-15.htm
Verse 15. - And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a red of iron. The description is still similar to that given in Revelation 1. (see Revelation 1:16; Revelation 2:12, 16). (For the last clause, see Revelation 2:27; Revelation 12:5; and cf. Isaiah 63:3.) The symbolism is descriptive of warfare, victory, and judgment. "He" is emphatic: "he shall rule" - no longer the kings of the earth. The nations; in the sense of the ungodly (cf. Revelation 16:19, etc.).

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary http://biblehub.com/revelation/19-15.htm
he shall rule—The HE is emphatic, He and none other, in contrast to the usurpers who have misruled on earth. "Rule," literally, "tend as a shepherd"; but here in a punitive sense. He, who would have shepherded them with pastoral rod and with the golden scepter of His love, shall dash them in pieces, as refractory rebels, with "a rod of iron."

I don't even know why I started this post. I forget what I was actually asking. I forget what I meant.

Sorry..... :hmmm:  but do carry on.... it's interesting.

Guest DRS81

I don't even know why I started this post. I forget what I was actually asking. I forget what I meant.

Sorry..... :hmmm:  but do carry on.... it's interesting.

Never apologize for opening up scripture. You chose a really good one Oak.

Right, I think I remember now - here goes:

Paul gives advice on how masters should treat slaves and how slaves should behave towards masters.

The Thousand-year reign will consist of bunches of misfits (IMHO). Leaders will be selected from those who were beheaded. They have earned it. I imagine there will be a pecking order based around this. The people at the bottom will have only just acquired salvation by the skin of their teeth. They will need discipline and correction (in a loving way). They will still be happy but with less privileges. Could the people right at the very bottom live as slaves or serfs?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Moved to proper forum.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Oak,you mean Revelation 19:18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free[a] and slave, both small and great.”

No there will not be slavery.That ended in the 1800's thank God  :grin:But I do not know what the meaning of slave is in the above verse.Does anyone else?