IGNORED

The 'Noah' film starring Russell Crowe

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

Well, if you truly know the truth in your heart I guess the rest is just entertainment. There are gullible people out there that'll believe anything they see, like Bill Maher for example, lol.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Dearest Fireheart

Bless your heart, I see your love for God through your words to correct another in a respectful way (Onelight will be pleased) ....

I really enjoyed Bruce almighty too my second choice. So many of my Atheist family also loved it and you know what? I would beg them to watch Even almighty with me just to laugh and laugh until i almost chocked to death.... :shocked: My family did not know that I had many encounters with God saying....No.... No ....No....God they will not watch this film with me ..I am begging you do not expect me to ask them.... :taped:  

You guessed it, I would ask and plead, saying but you will find it soooooooooooooooo funny Please oh Please ! Eventually my persuasion worked.....and no one but me LAUGHED .... :whistling: But you know what...I wonder how God touched there hearts that day and at that moment they seen me crying with laughter? 

Eventually, they laughed at me as I have rather a contagious laugh.... :emot-LOL:  :emot-LOL:

Something took place because I lost all my family for two whole painful years.....they thought that God had brain washed me and were scared of what was transpiring in their hardened hearts? 

But now.........I have all my family back apart from my father and sister & Niece .....Praise God....So films I believe can serve a valuable purpose .....Maybe some people just try too hard sometimes and need to let their hair down and have a respectful giggle... :b: .

Love & Blessings Sis   :wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The danger of biblically based movies that pervert and distort the actual biblical account is that when people read the Bible, those movies often serve as a filter through which they read the Bible.  They end up interpreting the Bible through the movies instead of judging the movies by the Bible.

They don't lead people to turn to the Bible to seek God.  Rather, they cause people to evaluate the Bible's claims in light of the philosophy put forth in the movie.   When they read the account of the flood, they are not seeing Noah, they are seeing Russel Crowe's depiction of Noah.  They are not seeing the true reason for the flood or God's redeptive attributes in the flood account.   They also miss the significance of the covenant God made with Noah.  

For anyone to even pretend that this movie has any evangelistic value in the least, is patently absurd.   Same goes for the Son of God movie, as well.  Both of movies are theological trainwrecks, but unfortunately, many Christians are sucked naively into the lie that these portrayals don't have to be accurate in order to get the main message across.

This would be a huge problem but for one thing, the Holy Spirit. I don't know about you, but I have faith that the Holy Spirit is able to get past these things, and even some of the untruths put on websites like this!

Guest shiloh357

The danger of biblically based movies that pervert and distort the actual biblical account is that when people read the Bible, those movies often serve as a filter through which they read the Bible.  They end up interpreting the Bible through the movies instead of judging the movies by the Bible.

They don't lead people to turn to the Bible to seek God.  Rather, they cause people to evaluate the Bible's claims in light of the philosophy put forth in the movie.   When they read the account of the flood, they are not seeing Noah, they are seeing Russel Crowe's depiction of Noah.  They are not seeing the true reason for the flood or God's redeptive attributes in the flood account.   They also miss the significance of the covenant God made with Noah.  

For anyone to even pretend that this movie has any evangelistic value in the least, is patently absurd.   Same goes for the Son of God movie, as well.  Both of movies are theological trainwrecks, but unfortunately, many Christians are sucked naively into the lie that these portrayals don't have to be accurate in order to get the main message across.

This would be a huge problem but for one thing, the Holy Spirit. I don't know about you, but I have faith that the Holy Spirit is able to get past these things, and even some of the untruths put on websites like this!

Which is really kind of presumptuous.  The fact is that not everyone is all that mature in their walk with the Lord, they are not listening to the Holy Spirit and in many cases many who see the movie have no relationship with God at all, much less any sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.

It may not be stumbling block for people mature in the faith, but is rather reckless and presumptuous to think the Holy Spirit is just going to clean up after everyone. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I am waiting patiently with anticipation for the movie to come out. I could care less what anyone thinks about it or worry that it will color the way I read scripture. Can't be any worse than the butchering that every local church I have attended do. All of them without exception have had something blatantly wrong with their theology while dogmatically defending it. I would expect to here most of them bash a biblical movie for sure. They can't even read the black ink on the white page themselves without distorting the text. Hog wash. Listening to people demanding that 'only the truth of the scriptures be told' that twist the scriptures themselves is so reminiscent of the Pharisees, scribes and lawyers of Jesus day. Jesus called them out as hypocrites. Good call.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Which is really kind of presumptuous.  The fact is that not everyone is all that mature in their walk with the Lord, they are not listening to the Holy Spirit and in many cases many who see the movie have no relationship with God at all, much less any sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.

It may not be stumbling block for people mature in the faith, but is rather reckless and presumptuous to think the Holy Spirit is just going to clean up after everyone. 

Well interesting response ... do people become followers of Jesus through their own knowledge or the power of the Holy Spirit? Does the HS only work in mature Christians?

Guest shiloh357

I am waiting patiently with anticipation for the movie to come out. I could care less what anyone thinks about it or worry that it will color the way I read scripture. Can't be any worse than the butchering that every local church I have attended do. All of them without exception have had something blatantly wrong with their theology while dogmatically defending it. I would expect to here most of them bash a biblical movie for sure. They can't even read the black ink on the white page themselves without distorting the text. Hog wash. Listening to people demanding that 'only the truth of the scriptures be told' that twist the scriptures themselves is so reminiscent of the Pharisees, scribes and lawyers of Jesus day. Jesus called them out as hypocrites. Good call.

So YOUR theololgy is perfect and flawless and everyone else is wrong.

Guest shiloh357

Well interesting response ... do people become followers of Jesus through their own knowledge or the power of the Holy Spirit? Does the HS only work in mature Christians?

The point is that the Holy Spirit doesn't work through anything and everything.   It is presumptuous on your part to assume that a movie that isn't about God, that has God written out of it for the most part will be a tool of the Holy Spirit.    The Holy Spirit works through His Word, not through godless movies.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

So YOUR theololgy is perfect and flawless and everyone else is wrong.

Lol i was expecting this. Of course not. I admit that there are many things I do not know nor understand. Thanks for making sure that gets said.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"Amid ongoing controversy over the theological themes depicted in Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming film 'Noah,' Paramount Pictures has decided to add an 'explanatory message' to future marketing materials letting prospective viewers know that 'artistic license has been taken.'

"An upcoming online trailer, the movie’s official website and all print and radio spots, among other advertisements, will contain the following caveat: 'The film is inspired by the story of Noah. While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide. The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis.'"

It would be ironic indeed if a film directed by a self-professed atheist "inspires" anyone to read Genesis, but as the psalmist said, "Surely the wrath of man shall praise you" (Psalm 76:10), even if those men had no such intention.