missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Bo, can you show me where in the Bible it says that cherubim are angels? I'm not saying they aren't. I just haven't seen it stated in the Bible anywhere that they are.

Genesis 3:24

1)Archangel-This is what Michael is.He is the head of all the holy angels Daniel 12:1

2) Messengers of God-Gabriel is one of the principal one of this classification Daniel 8:16

3) Seraphim-This classification has three wings.Their function is to praise God.They will be present at the rapture and the second coming Isaiah 6:27

4) Cherubim- These angels are involved in the worship and praise of God.Please see the above scripture in reference to them.

There might be more that I have not read about.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings chloe,,,,

Good morning & God Bless you....I see you asked for references in Scripture to cheribs......Here are all the refs that are translated from the Hebrew word "kerub"....only one Greek plural"cheroubim" which you will find in Hebrews 9:5

First mentioned in Genesis 3:24& then Exodus25:17-22,26:1,36:8  1 Kings 6:23-35,7:29-36,8:6-7   1 Chron 28:18,2 Chron 3:7-14,5:7-8

and someone already posted reference that satan is indeed a cherib in  Ezekial 28:12-15

Hope this is what you were llooking for,,,,Praise the Lord

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings chloe,,,,

Good morning & God Bless you....I see you asked for references in Scripture to cheribs......Here are all the refs that are translated from the Greek word "kerub"....only one plural"cheroubim" which you will find in Hebrews 9:5

First mentioned in Genesis 3:24& then Exodus25:17-22,26:1,36:8  1 Kings 6:23-35,7:29-36,8:6-7   1 Chron 28:18,2 Chron 3:7-14,5:7-8

and someone already posted reference that satan is indeed a cherib in  Ezekial 28:12-15

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes,kwik good verses and God Bless you.How is your kitty doing?

chloe this verse describes the cherubim Revelation 4:6-9

6 Before the throne there was[a] a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,[b]

Lord God Almighty,

Who was and is and is to come!”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,

Hey Peeps!

God Bless you Sis,Cheech is doing much better -thank you(I continue to pray for the little guy & would appreciate if you could join me)

Back on topic,I believe we have been greatly influenced by Jewish & Christian traditions ,placing the rank of seraphin at 5 in 10,,,,,& places like the Book of enoch & many early mythological writings also ......but we would probably be much better off with someone well versed in Hebrew(I am not ).....but in the Torah the seraf are mentioned in Dueteronomy,Numbers & Isaiah but are not referred to as angels ,they are burning asps or serpent like creatures & I am not even clear on the 6 wings,,,,they are 6 finger type wings(or coverings)..........some referrences even say copper serpents(copper or burning is believed to mean "poisonous" as snake poison creates a burning sensation...............

It is funny but modern day books like"I Saw Heaven" or "Heaven is for Real" and probably many others by people w4ho have alleged to have seen Heaven have a very difficult time trying to describe  animals (or creatures) that they saw that are unlike anything we could eve imagine

I believe we will be amazed beyond our wildest dreams when we get to be with our Lord................many surprises await us,Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hey Peeps!

God Bless you Sis,Cheech is doing much better -thank you(I continue to pray for the little guy & would appreciate if you could join me)

Back on topic,I believe we have been greatly influenced by Jewish & Christian traditions ,placing the rank of seraphin at 5 in 10,,,,,& places like the Book of enoch & many early mythological writings also ......but we would probably be much better off with someone well versed in Hebrew(I am not ).....but in the Torah the seraf are mentioned in Dueteronomy,Numbers & Isaiah but are not referred to as angels ,they are burning asps or serpent like creatures & I am not even clear on the 6 wings,,,,they are 6 finger type wings(or coverings)..........some referrences even say copper serpents(copper or burning is believed to mean "poisonous" as snake poison creates a burning sensation...............

It is funny but modern day books like"I Saw Heaven" or "Heaven is for Real" and probably many others by people w4ho have alleged to have seen Heaven have a very difficult time trying to describe  animals (or creatures) that they saw that are unlike anything we could eve imagine

I believe we will be amazed beyond our wildest dreams when we get to be with our Lord................many surprises await us,Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

kwik,I am thinking that it will be beyond our wildest dreams.It will be amazing that is for sure.

Ah yes,Sis......................& just think,we can all see it TOGETHER one day!!!!

Much Love from your Sis,Kwik

Ah yes,Sis......................& just think,we can all see it TOGETHER one day!!!!

Much Love from your Sis,Kwik

kwik....I am anxious and waiting. :hurrah:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Hey Kwik! :emot-heartbeat:

This was really interesting. I'd never heard this stuff before. Thanks!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings chloe,,,,

Good morning & God Bless you....I see you asked for references in Scripture to cheribs......Here are all the refs that are translated from the Hebrew word "kerub"....only one Greek plural"cheroubim" which you will find in Hebrews 9:5

With love-in Christ,Kwik

All great scriptures kwik,  the Hebrew word "kerub" for cheribs actually means to cover.  As scripture says that Satan was the anointed cherub that covereth in Ezekiel 28:14.  Also the four living creatures that are mentioned in the Bible in both Ezekiel and in Revelation are also cherubs or cherubims. 

Ezekiel 10:20 - This is the living creatures that I saw under the God of Israel by the river Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubims.  

So Satan is from this class of angelic or heavenly beings that are called cherubims.   They are some awesome living creatures for sure.  These heavenly beings also were on the mearcy seat the top part or covering of the ark of God that was in the Holy of Holies.  And as you can see in the decription of them they are described in simularity to the living creature in the scripture......

Exodus 25:17-22 - And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.  And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. And make one cherub on the one end and the other cherub on the other end even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.  And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. 

And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.  And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony of all the things which I will give thee in commandments unto the children of Israel.

It appears as the symbolism in the two cherubims on top of the ark of God was a depiction of the prescence of God in heaven in how the living creatures covered over the prescence or face of God for lack of words. 

Just like there are all kinds of living being in this earth having life on the inside of their bodies given to them.  It the same in the heavenly celestial realm of God's creation.  For example all the plant life have the shapes and bodies that are in varieties,  the fowls of the air are all different varieties,  the fish of the sea and rivers are all different kinds of varieties, the animal kingdom is full of all differnt kinds of varities and then the human race which are all different varieties.  These are the terrestrial bodies pert to the earth and celestial bodies pert to the heavens as is spoken of in.....

1 Corinthians 15:38-40 - But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.  All flesh is not the same flesh but there is one flesh of menanother flesh of beasts,   another of fishes, and another of birds.   There are also celestial bodies, (pert to the heavens) and bodies terrestrial: (pert to the earth)  but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 

And when I read about the seraphims, cherubims, Gabriel, Michael, all the host of heaven presented to us in the Word of God.  I can't even fantom in my finite mind what all is going to be there in heaven that we shall one day behold face to face.  I think we all are going to be awestruck throughout all eternity at the majesticness of our God.  What we see down here doesn't even compare.

But Satan was among the heavenly cherubs beings in heaven before iniquity was found in him.

I do believe that all of the heavenly creatures that God has created in heaven all have free will in keeping with the OP and are aware of the existence of both good and evil.