• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

So you'll believe a story of someone having a vision of heaven, just as long as it happened 2 to 3 thousand years ago.... it just better not happen today or it's unbelievable? My friend, you must believe in a God that has changed if you believe visions and visits to heaven are done away with. Repent of that view and get back to what the scriptures really teach.

The first "story" is given by the Holy Spirit in the Holy Writ (The Bible) while the other is given by a human being and not written by the Holy Spirit but by man. No one says that visions have gone away, or that visits to heaven are NOT possible. But the way that GOD works has changed from the OT to the NT (ie Leviticus). You need to repent of judging people and get back to what the scriptures really teach.

Parker robertstone was not judging you in any way he was just saying if God did those things back then he then he does them now. I  have not yet seen heaven but i was taken to hell and i found many of what the scriptures say about it are true. and if a vision or a visit to heaven has scripture fulfilment in it is it not from God?

I didn't think that he was talking to me at all. He is, however, being judgmental by his words.

i suppose it depends on how you view it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible is silent on NDE's,and scientific research has not been able to be performed,we simply cannot accept the legitimacy of NDE's on their face value.It would be a strong statement to say that all NDE's are faked,imagined or Satanic but there is still serious concerns,bibically,about the validity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have no problem believing this little boy.  God's ways are not our ways.. I believe he saw everything he said he saw. To not believe him to call him a liar.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I know the success of this movie is going to open a wider door for higher budget faith based films. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard his testimony and I believe it. Awesome stuff.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Man is appointed to die once and then to judgement. I don't believe any story that anyone tells of dying, going to heaven, and returning back to earth alive to tell the tale. Except the accounts given in Scripture as revelation from GOD.

John 20:24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

:)

Neither did Thomas

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 Cor 12:1-6.

If we are to boast let us boast in the Lord.

If Paul was happy to talk about Jesus rather than experiences of going to heaven, perhaps that is a good model to follow.

If Paul was happy to talk about Jesus rather than experiences of going to heaven, perhaps that is a good model to follow.

Amen!!

Guest LadyC

perhaps paul didn't see a vision of heaven when he was four years old. besides, paul wasn't the only person in the Bible. should we discredit the prophets who did describe what they saw in heaven? there were several, ya know.

let God use who He will, and how He will. 

In the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), Abraham refused to send Lazarus back to warn his brothers of the fate that awaited them unless they changed their ways. He said they had Moses and the prophets (the Old Testament) and could listen to them. When the rich man argued that a personal visit would be much more persuasive, Abraham said if they didn’t believe the Scriptures they would not be convinced even if someone came back from the dead.

If the Lord would not approve sending someone back when they only had the Old Testament and no one had ever come back from the dead, why would He approve it now when we have the New Testament and Jesus has come back from the dead?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Parker

No one is talking about coming back from the dead in this movie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the child never died,as I said in post #9........his little heart never skipped a beat ..     He speaks of Heaven,Jesus,Angels & many beautiful things he saw much l like the Apostle John,as we know he did not die either

Well,I just wanted to clear that up because I thought perhaps you are thinking that the boy died & they are claiming that he came back from death or something other than what t7he story is about......................hope that helps,you might enjoy the movie -God Bless you

With love-in Christ,,Kwik