WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,162
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

They are asking for the same rights in the US that we Christians have....

In Oklahoma, We have the ten commandments on display and they want their own display.......   and we do live in a supposed free society.....   so though we think of them as rather despicable, there are many groups that would fit in that same category.

Really, it isn't like they have not had representatives working within the government since it's very conception.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I'm not seeing this as a civil rights issue.  Maybe I'm blinded, but there is no right to put a hideous and ugly sculpture on public property.  The people of the community have the right to decide what can be displayed on their property and what cannot.  This is nothing more than an activist group attempting to display the ugliest thing they can find by slapping a religious monument label on it.  It really should fall under the category of art work, and art can be limited in where it is displayed for the sake of common decency and public taste.  Otherwise, people would have intercourse on the front lawn and call it "art."

it is being pursued as a civil rights thing and so we must approach it in that manor.    They say that if we are going to exhibit something that relates to what we consider God, they should have the civil right to do the same.....   and like it or not in the form of government we have they do have that right.     I do like your obscenity approach though and will mention it to the governor next time I see her. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Thanks, I am glad you have that kind of access to the Governor.  Christians don't worship at the 10 Commandments monuments anywhere in this country as far as I can tell.  Some may pray in front of them while asking for guidance, others may contemplate or meditate, but even the 10 Commandments monuments shouldn't fall under the category of religious symbols, because they aren't.  That has been a lie from the beginning. 

They are artistic renderings of a page out of the bible that most people can relate to on some level, like not lying to, slandering, being envious of, murdering, or stealing from, each other.

It is not an object of worship or a religious shrine, it is a sculpture that is meant to inspire us.

it's my understanding that most of the people watching it think that the court system will consider them the same...

like I said it will be interesting to watch the legal movements by both sides.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

This is the price you pay for living free society. As much as I disagree with their beliefs, I think they have the constitution on their side.

Something to consider about your comment. If we do live in a free society, why is it that every reference to God, be it the 10 Commandments, a picture of Jesus of a cross, bibles in school, prayer in public meetings being forced to cease, removed or taken down? I believe it is not a free society, but one guided by sin and rebellion against God.

I agree OneLight.Satan is the prince of this world.He sure is working overtime now.