Jesse2014

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I fear God because he has the power to through my soul and body in hell forever. It is scary.

Sounds like you're afraid of hell, not God.  Just make sure you serve God as best you can, God knows your heart.  Praise God.

Much Love

I fear God because he has the power to through my soul and body in hell forever. It is scary.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28

Fear And Trust

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

And Love

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

He Does Not Drop His Kids

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jesse,

Sin?No,Jesse it is not sin but it is sin condemnation that the enemy so frequently uses to make you doubt everything about the Grace of God,His Love for you,forgiveness,mercy & compassion..........in an intimate relationship with our Lord we become confident in His Blessed Assurances,just as when we are little children & we think we may have done something wrong,,,,we are fearful of disappointing our parents & of the reprocussions of our actions ,punishment......................but because our parent loves us so much ,they say"oh,my child,,,,,,you have done nothing wrong,it is okay-I love you"(they assure us) that is the relationship our Lord wants us to have with Him.Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He left all His Majesty from above to walk among us,to teach us ,to show us the Way & ultimately give His life(in our place) that we may be reconciled back to Him as His sons & daughters

Jesse ,Blessed is the man that fears the Lord but not fear in the sense of being frightened of Him as a big ,bad,angry  ogre,,,,,,fear as in Reverence because He is Sovereign King of kings,Lord of lords...."the Great I Am",,,it is respect,as we respect our parents & submit to their authority,honoring them.The Lord has so much love for you ......He will reveal Himself to you as you earnestly seek Him......how,you may ask?In prayer,praise worship,putting Him first & in reading his Word ,,,,,but most of all,there is only One Way to the Father & that is through His Son,Jesus will take you by the hand by the Power of the Holy Spirit ,,,right into the Loving embrace of our Father.(just ask)..............Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

Thank you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesse,  my relationship with God is pretty much like the relationship I had with my Dad.....    I didn't break our family rules because I was afraid of him, but the hurt in his eyes when I did something wrong.....   it just broke my heart to see him disappointed in me......

Same with God, because I just know he gets that same look in his eye when I fail to do what I know is right....   but just like my dad when I told him I was sorry, he says that same kind of thing.....   "Ok, just don't do it again."

Our Father in heaven basically sent his own son down here to make amends for the things I had done, and if he loves me enough to do that......   why should I fear him....   I much more fear myself that I live up to what I know I should.    I'm much better than I was 25 years ago.....   but I know I could still do better.....   we're working on it together.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Is it sin to obey God out of fear?

Before I knew God to be a Loving Father...

I knew him first to be a Wrathful Judge, who made me miserable all the time... and who severely punished me for my sins.

I did not know him then; I was not yet his; so I think that, at this point, there was nothing wrong yet if I was giving him, as you say, "fearful obedience."

But once I crossed the threshhold and became his son, and the veil was lifted from my eyes -- and knew him to be not a Wrathful Judge at all, but a Loving Father -- then at this point it was already sin whenever I showed him "fearful obedience."

Because obeying God out of fear means that we don't trust him and doubt also his plans for our lives -- and these things are definitely sins..

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Here you go.

Proverbs 9:10

New King James Version (NKJV)

10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

When I first started walking with the the lord I became fearful. As he revealed more and more of himself beyond what I thought I knew it was overwhelming, hence fear popped up.

However, over time the fear turned into reverence.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

From the OP's status update, posted today:

I have decided to leave worthy. The Christian community is not for me, or any other community.

This feels sad.... But at least Jesse didn't say that God is not for him.

It is indeed a lot of work, to know who God really is. To know him as our Father, and therefore learn to obey him lovingly, and not fearfully.

I guess that this is just another example of very few people choosing the hard and narrow path that leads to life.

~

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

Hi Dak. I have not left God. I still struggle in my faith. You may wonder I why I am still on here. I came on here to try to erase my account. I am done reaching out to people, except when they need help. I still believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not going to be stupid enough to leave him. That's like walking towards a road that is easier, but it ultimately leads towards your death. I still want to love other people from a distance. Help them when they need help. In 1 Corinthians 13, it talks about love. It says nothing about love being a feeling. I don't have to like people. When I leave the house, I pray "Lord if I come across someone that needs help, give me the compassion I need to help them." I just started hating physical contact, so now I pray, "Lord, if someone needs help physically, (like if they fall or something like that) give me the compassion to help them." I do not like people, because I am always getting hurt. But I know God requires me to love the people I don't like. So no, I am not leaving God, just the religion and the people. I am better on my own.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi Dak. I have not left God. I still struggle in my faith. You may wonder I why I am still on here. I came on here to try to erase my account. I am done reaching out to people, except when they need help. I still believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not going to be stupid enough to leave him. That's like walking towards a road that is easier, but it ultimately leads towards your death. I still want to love other people from a distance. Help them when they need help. In 1 Corinthians 13, it talks about love. It says nothing about love being a feeling. I don't have to like people. When I leave the house, I pray "Lord if I come across someone that needs help, give me the compassion I need to help them." I just started hating physical contact, so now I pray, "Lord, if someone needs help physically, (like if they fall or something like that) give me the compassion to help them." I do not like people, because I am always getting hurt. But I know God requires me to love the people I don't like. So no, I am not leaving God, just the religion and the people. I am better on my own.

Hurt how?