Last Daze

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So the little horn is not the papacy yet the papacy did as the bible said they would? No. There was one entity daniel and john saw and no other nation will fit the description.

Http://remnantofgod.org/666-CHAR.htm

Edited by Sapphirestones

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

In the singular Matt.24:23-26 context the pseudochristos ("false Christs") and pseudoprophetes ("false prophets"). In Isaiah 14 the "king of Babylon". In Isaiah 10 "the Assyrian". In Ezek.28 the "prince of Tyrus" and "king of Tyrus". In Rev.9 as a "king" and "angel of the bottomless pit". In Deut.32 as the little "rock" compared to God Who is our "Rock

Salty

I wouldn't say that is singular, but plural.  It means "more than one"

When God address "the king of Babylon" in Isaiah 10, he obviously was speaking to Satan directly, I agree, because Satan was there.

However, notice in chapter 13, "the burden of Babylon" is not talking about Babylon back then, but future spiritual Babylon.  Babylon the Great. 

and Babylon has a King.  Satan.  It's his city.  This world, Babylon the Great. 

Satan is also referred to as The Assyrian, because that's where false religion started from.  Ninevah, border of Assyria, which was North of Babylon.  False religion started here, then shoots out to Babylon, then to the rest of the world.

So this title suits Satan perfectly, because he is also about false religion, and the father of it.  "The Assyrian"

This does not prove the false prophet is a man?  It goes deeper than that.  It's showing us false religion has it's "roots" and Satan started it there in Ninevah (Assyria)

When God addresses "the King of Tyre" he is speaking to Satan directly yes, this is obvious.

That still doesn't prove the false prophet is Satan himself.  The King of Tyre, was a real man, and Satan was there with him, using him for his purpose,

and Satan will do it again and chose his "man" giving him full authority and power over the peoples, and christians.

When God address the "prince of Tyre" (Ezekiel 28) it appears he is also speaking to Satan who is there at the time. 

I will have to get back to you on this one, because it raises some questions for me, and I have to ponder on this one for a while first, because it may be unlocking another puzzle re Gog.after the 1000 yrs? I'm not sure..

In the context of Matt.24:23-26, it cannot be anything but singular tense. Otherwise it would mean more than one sitting in the secret chambers proclaiming himself as Christ, or more than one coming to Jerusalem to sit in the temple of God (a physical temple) and proclaiming himself as God.

Here's the actual verse I believe you are thinking about...

Matt.24

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

When Apostle John said they had heard that antichrist shall come, but that there already were many antichrists, the subject there is both singular (first "antichrist" part), and then plural ("many antichrists").

In 2 Thess.2, when Paul revealed the false one of verse 4 coming to sit in the temple, and then later mentioned the "mystery of iniquity" already at work, that was the same idea as John speaking how they had heard antichrist shall come, and that there already were many antichrists.

So we're actually given two ideas within that:

1. "antichrist" = a singular person, the Antichrist

2. "many antichrists" = those who follow antichrist

Which would fit those of Matt.24:5, the "many" who come saying they are Christ? That's the "many antichrists", the "mystery of iniquity" workers who follow the Antichrist.

But the Matt.24:23-26 part is specific to a singular, the Antichrist, working great signs and miracles that would if possible, deceive Christ's own elect. This weighs more so in the singular sense once one realizes Jesus warned of the pseudochristos right after He warned about the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel. And in Daniel the subject of the one to come who will end sacrifices and place the abomination of desolation is a singular individual, called a "vile person" in Dan.11, and a "little horn" in Dan.8. When we get to Rev.13 this singular Antichrist is further cemented because the 2nd beast is about a singular individual doing those greats sings, wonders, and miracles.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Salty

Can you please look into this as I've been pondering;  forget the gog thing, I was way out.

You mentioned the "King of Tyre" as one of the names Satan is addressed as, and I agree,

but the "Prince of Tyre" is not Satan himself but his "prince", the false prophet.

Ezekiel 28:2   Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyre, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a god, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
 2 Thessalonians 2:4   Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Ezekiel 28:3   Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee

(comparing man with man, Daniel with the false prophet who is wiser (crafty) because he has Satan helping him)

Ezekiel 28:4   With thy wisdom and with thy understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures.

Ezekiel 28:5   By thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches

Daniel 11:38   But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

(riches are things man likes, materials.... angels don't need them, they are spirit)

Ezekiel 28:6   Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; because thou has set thine heart as the heart of God

Daniel 8:11   Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

Ezekiel 28:7   Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and thy shall defile thy brightness.

Revelation 16:12   And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

(the kings of the east are his enemies, the false prophet is the king of the north)

Ezekiel 28:8   They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

Ezekiel 28:9   Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee

Ezekiel 28:10   Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of him that slayeth thee.

(the uncirmcised are the gentiles.  He must be a Jew, and he will die like a man, because he is a man, and not god.

He cannot claim to be a god now at the hands of those men who will kill him, he is powerless)

So here I have learn't something new.  The false prophet will be killed by his enemies. 

Where I had troube reconciling this, is this scripture;

Revelation 19:20   And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

How can he be cast alive in the lake of fire, if he is killed first?

Then it came to me.

He is killed by his enemies, then shortly after, probably days, resurrected in the flesh to face judgement, and thrown straight into the lake of fire, by Christ at his coming.

It's the same rule, all the dead who will be thrown into the lake of fire after the 1000 years will be brought also out of their graves, to face their judgement, and then thrown into the lake of fire.

The fact he is killed by his enemies is to bring him down low, then he faces the 2nd death straight away because he is so evil, and caused so much death and suffering to the world.

He will die like a man, because he is a man, and not god.

If we worship the false prophet, it is as good as worshiping Satan,

but they are two, and not one, and the false prophet really thinks he is god because of the powers Satan has given him.  He is made puffed up and deluded by Satan.

Satan is the "King of Tyre",

and the "Prince of Tyre" is his chosen man...his prince, the False Prophet.

Edited by Sister

Hi Salty

Can you please look into this as I've been pondering;  forget the gog thing, I was way out.

You mentioned the "King of Tyre" as one of the names Satan is addressed as, and I agree,

but the "Prince of Tyre" is not Satan himself but his "prince", the false prophet.

Ezekiel 28:2   Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyre, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a god, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2 Thessalonians 2:4   Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Ezekiel 28:3   Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee

(comparing man with man, Daniel with the false prophet who is wiser (crafty) because he has Satan helping him)

Ezekiel 28:4   With thy wisdom and with thy understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures.

Ezekiel 28:5   By thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches

Daniel 11:38   But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

(riches are things man likes, materials.... angels don't need them, they are spirit)

Ezekiel 28:6   Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; because thou has set thine heart as the heart of God

Daniel 8:11   Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

Ezekiel 28:7   Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and thy shall defile thy brightness.

Revelation 16:12   And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

(the kings of the east are his enemies, the false prophet is the king of the north)

Ezekiel 28:8   They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

Ezekiel 28:9   Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee

Ezekiel 28:10   Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of him that slayeth thee.

(the uncirmcised are the gentiles.  He must be a Jew, and he will die like a man, because he is a man, and not god.

He cannot claim to be a god now at the hands of those men who will kill him, he is powerless)

So here I have learn't something new.  The false prophet will be killed by his enemies. 

Where I had troube reconciling this, is this scripture;

Revelation 19:20   And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

How can he be cast alive in the lake of fire, if he is killed first?

Then it came to me.

He is killed by his enemies, then shortly after, probably days, resurrected in the flesh to face judgement, and thrown straight into the lake of fire, by Christ at his coming.

It's the same rule, all the dead who will be thrown into the lake of fire after the 1000 years will be brought also out of their graves, to face their judgement, and then thrown into the lake of fire.

The fact he is killed by his enemies is to bring him down low, then he faces the 2nd death straight away because he is so evil, and caused so much death and suffering to the world.

He will die like a man, because he is a man, and not god.

If we worship the false prophet, it is as good as worshiping Satan,

but they are two, and not one, and the false prophet really thinks he is god because of the powers Satan has given him.  He is made puffed up and deluded by Satan.

Satan is the "King of Tyre",

and the "Prince of Tyre" is his chosen man...his prince, the False Prophet.

Interesting notions. The prince of Tyre and king of Tyre messages both metaphorically point to Satan, though historically the prince of Tyre was Ithobalus II, a literal flesh man (Josephus, Against Apion). Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, and Alexander are who God used to pass judgment upon the princes of Tyre, that's who the uncircumcised reference would be about.

The 28:10 reference does not mean Ithobalus II was Jewish, though there was a historical connection between the house of David and the king of Tyre involving the building of Solomon's temple.

Moreover, the island city of Tyre was an ancient city of great world commerce, having doubled walls up to 150 ft. and impossible to conquer from the sea. It was a major commerce center of maritime traffic from places as far as Cadiz, Spain. God used Alexander to finally destroy the island city by hauling dirt out to it to make a land bridge for access.

When comparing Daniel's wisdom, which God had blessed him with, to another man, there was none other comparable, and certainly not Ithobalus II prince of Tyre. Both messages symbolically are antitypes for Satan.

Nor should you allow yourself to get stuck on that label of 'man' to always mean only a flesh man, since the angels that appeared on earth per God's Word were also called men, meaning they also have that image of man (Gen.18 &19; Acts 1). And yes, God even refers to Satan as a 'man'...

Isaiah 14

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, "Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

In that same Isaiah 14 chapter, God begins that parable about Satan using the title of the king of Babylon. In Isaiah 10 and Ezek.31, God once again speaks a parable about Satan, using the title of the Assyrian. Likewise in Isaiah 30:31-33, God used the title of the Assyrian to represent Satan for whom the lake of fire (Tophet as a symbol) has been of old prepared for. So it's safe to say that the king of the north is Satan symbolically as that Assyrian king, and also symbolically as the king of Babylon per the Isaiah 14 parable.

With the Rev.16 event of the "kings of the east", that represents Satan's host of Ezek.38, and the symbolic king of Assyria, and king of Babylon, coming out of the north with a great army to try and destroy Israel, which will be the battle of Armageddon on the 7th vial. This is also supported by the fact that the Gog/Magog host that Satan will try to direct upon the "camp of the saints" at the end of Christ's Millennium is commanded by Satan, thus linking Satan's control of the Ezek.38 Gog/Magog armies on the last day of this present world when our Lord Jesus returns.

Salty

Thanks for looking at that.

I'm not sure if you can see my point.

The Prince of Tyrus, and the King of Tyrus are two different.

The King is Satan, and the Prince is a man, the false prophet.

God was not talking to the actual King of Tyrus, the man, but Satan, because he was there with him.

But when speaking to the Prince, he was speaking directly to the false prophet.

It's a prophecy in code talk.

It doesn't mean Satan is a man.

I know of the scriptures where angels transformed themselves into men, to show themselves,

but they were not men, they were spirit, ..angels.  Created, not born.

I can't recall one scripture where Satan himself ever showed himself as a man,

so if there is a scripture can you please show me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

WHAT ARE THE 7 BIBLE CLUES WHICH REVEAL THE IDENTITY OF 666???

Revelation 13:17b,18: "The mark of the beast {Or antichrist} is the *NAME* of the Beast or the number of *HIS NAME*. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, *LET HIM* calculate the number of the Beast {Even in AD 96 when Revelation was written}, for it is a man's number {Or "Number of a MAN"}. *HIS* number is *666*." God has promised in the above inspired passage that any saint {Even in AD 96--which implies that the name was known in AD 96} with spiritual wisdom and insight may calculate the name of the beast which is a *MAN'S NAME* and adds up to 666.

During the last year of his rule Domitian Caesar decreed that everyone in the Roman Empire must worship idols of former Roman Caesar's or else they would be killed or put in prison. Historical documents show us that the Apostle John {Who then lived in Ephesus} lived to about AD 100 and therefore would have been alive during Domitian's evil decree of September AD 95 to September of AD 96. Since we can be sure that the Apostle John would never worship an idol of a Roman Caesar it is then highly probable that John was put in prison on Patmos Isle sometime during Domitian's evil decree from September AD 95 to September AD 96.

In Thess 2:3 the Beast of the End-Times is called a "*MAN* of sin or lawlessness" or very SINFUL MAN and therefore the name of the Beast which adds up to 666 is a *MAN'S* name which is also confirmed in Rev 13:17b,18 above. Therefore, the NAME of the Beast which adds up to 666 is a sinful *MAN'S NAME* and could not be the name of a woman or a city, country, computer or Satan, etc.. 666 is also identified with a MASCULINE pronoun 28 times in God's Word which we will show later.

Rev 13:16,17: "He {The False Prophet} forced everyone... to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead. No one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name {666}. 666 is called a "BEAST" 36 {6x6} times in Revelation. The BEAST is a much better name than the antichrist since anti-christ is mentioned 5 times in God's Word {I John 2:18{2X}, 22; 4:3; 2 John 1:7} and each time the word encompasses all who are against Christ. Such as I John 2:18: "Even now many anti-christs have come."

666 is referred to in the MASCULINE gender 28 times and the Beast is never referred to in the feminine or neuter gender. It is interesting to note that if the Beast of the end-times will be a religious organization, country or city it would be referred to in the female or neuter gender!!! The masculine pronouns used for the Beast are "HIS" 11 times: Rev 13:1, 5,16b,18b; 14:9,11; 17:7b; 19:2; 20:4(2X) & Daniel 7:26. "HE" 10 times: Rev 13:1;6a,7a,7; 17:8b; 17:11; 2 Thess 2:6; Daniel 7:24,25 & Daniel 9:27. "HIM" 5 times: Rev 13:4b; 19:20; 2 Thess 2:6; Daniel 7:25 & Daniel 9:27. "HIMSELF" 2 times in 2 Thess 2:4.

Actually there are **7 BIBLE CLUES** that show who the BEAST of the future 1260-day Tribulation will be. By an amazing coincidence all 7 Bible clues can be applied to Nero Caesar!!

{{1}} The BEAST will be a "MAN OF SIN" or very sinful MAN as per 2 Thess 2:3 above.

{{2}} The number of this sinful man's name is 666 as per Rev 13:16-18. The Bible was written by 40 Divinely inspired Hebrews in Hebrew and Greek so then it is highly probable that this man's name adds up to 666 in Hebrew or Greek. Nero Caesar's name adds up to 666 in Hebrew which we will show later in this Bible study.

{{3}} This sinful man whose name adds up to 666 DIED BEFORE AD 96 when Revelation was written.{See Rev 17:8 below} We will show later why Revelation was written between Sept AD 95 and Sept AD 96. Nero Caesar lived from December 15th, AD 37 to June 9th AD 68.

{{4}} This sinful man who was alive and then died before AD 96 was FATALLY WOUNDED by a sword wound to his head. Nero Caesar committed suicide with a sword wound to his head on June 9th, AD 68. {See Rev 13:3 and Rev 13:14 below}

{{5}} This very sinful man who died before AD 96 was a KING in the Roman Empire as per Daniel 7:24. There were 11 Roman Kings or Caesars who died before AD 96 including the 6th Caesar {Nero Caesar} who killed Paul and Peter in AD 66; and whose name adds up to 666 in Hebrew. Domitian Caesar was the 12th Roman Caesar who was alive when Revelation was written in AD 96.

{{6}} The beast is also called an 8th KING who ruled before AD 96 as one of 7 evil KINGS crowned by the city on 7 hills. {See Rev 17:9-11}

{{7}} This very sinful ROMAN KING whose name adds up to 666 and who was fatally wounded by a sword before AD 96, will "COME UP FROM THE *ABYSS* or *HELL* as per Rev 11:7 & Rev 17:8. We know that the ABYSS is HELL by comparing 2 Peter 2:4 with Luke 8:30b,31. We can be sure that Nero Caesar is now in the Abyss or Hell since he killed Paul and Peter and thousands of Christians and sent Vespasian {the father of Titus and Domitian Caesar} to kill the Jews and destroy their Temple. The MAN OF SIN or Nero also killed his own mother and killed his pregnant wife by kicking her in the stomach. Inscriptions have been found in Ephesus in which Nero is called "Almighty God" and "Savior". In Revelation 13:8a we learn that all the unsaved inhabitants of the world will worship the Beast..

Nero and Caligula "abandoned all reserve" in promoting emperor worship - they were the only two Roman Caesars who demanded divine honors while still alive. Nero claimed to be the sun-god Apollo. In 2 Thess 2:4 we read that the "Man of Sin" will proclaim that he is God! Revelation 17:8: The beast, which you saw, once was {alive}, Now {in AD 96} is not {alive} and will come up out of the ABYSS and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book life. ... will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was {Alive before AD 96}, now {In AD 96} is not {Alive} and yet will come. Rev 13:14: He {The False Prophet} will order the inhabitants of the earth to set up an image in honor of the beast who was {FATALLY-Rev 13:3} wounded by the sword and yet lived." Rev 13:3: “One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been HEALED!! The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. “

When I was a missionary in Israel I studied the Hebrew language. One of the first things that you learn when you study the OT Ancient Hebrew language {Which is also the language of Israel today!} is that the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet ALSO represent 22 numbers! When you read Psalm 119 you will note that the 176 sentences are divided into 22 sections; each section with 8 sentences or verses praising the Word of God. These 22 sections are each headed by one of the letters in the Hebrew alphabet in the exact same order as shown below. The ancient Hebrew language {Which is exactly the same as the modern Hebrew language} frequently used the letters of their alphabet to designate numbers in the OT as follows: ALEPH=1. BETH=2. GIMEL=3. DALET=4. HE=5. VAV=6. ZAYIN=7. CHETH=8. TETH=9. YODH=10. KAPH=20. LAMED=30. MEM=40. NUN=50. SAMEKH=60. AYIN=70. PE=80. TSADHE=90. KOPH=100. RESH=200. SHIN=300. TAV=400.

NOTE: Most vowel sounds except "O" {VAV} are not used as letters in Hebrew. These vowel sounds are designated by dots and dashes under their *PRECEDING* consonants. In Hebrew "N" is added on the end of all foreign names ending in "O". Therefore, the foreign name of Nero would be "NERON" in Hebrew. The name Nero Caesar would be pronounced Neron Kaysar in Hebrew. The "E" in Neron and the 2 "A" sounds in Kaysar {There is no "C" in Hebrew} are designated by dots and dashes under their preceding consonants and therefore are not letters in the 22 letter Hebrew alphabet, and so have no numerical value.

Neron in Hebrew would use 4 letters with numerical value: N-R-O-N and Kaysar in Hebrew would use 3 letters with numerical value: K-S-R. There would be a dot under the first N to show the "E" sound in NEron There would also be 2 dots under the "K" to show the "AY" sound in KAYsar and a dash under the "S" to show the "AH" sound in KaySAHr. The 4 letters with numerical value in NERON would be {SEE TABLE ABOVE} N = NUN = 50; R = RESH = 200; O = VAV = 6; and N = NUN = 50 and 50+20+6+50 equals 306. The 3 letters with numerical value in "KAYSAR would be K = KOPH = 100; S = SAMEKH = 60; and R = RESH =200 and 100+60+200 equals 360.

And so the numerical value of Nero in Hebrew is 306 and the numerical value of Caesar in Hebrew is 360, and therefore the numerical value of Nero Caesar is 306+360 or exactly *666*!

There is a very interesting footnote in the revised Standard Version concerning the number 666 which states that some ancient manuscripts have the number **616** which *DOUBLY* confirms that Nero Caesar may be the future Anti-Christ!! You will note that the Hebrew language adds an "N" to all foreign names ending in "O". Now "N" or "NUN" in Hebrew has a numerical value of **50**!! and so if you decided not to add the last "N" in NERON then Nero Caesar would add up to exactly *616* in Hebrew. This is an absolutely amazing coincidence!

Any honest Hebrew language scholar will confirm that the letters of Nero Caesar's name add up to 666 in the Hebrew language whose 22 letters are also 22 numbers as shown above, and the Bible was written by 40 Jews. Since all of the prophecies concerning the antichrist are written in OT Hebrew {Like Daniel 7:8-25} or NT Koine Greek it would then seem logical that God would use one of these 2 Bible languages to identify the Name of the Beast whose letters add up to 666. One of the problems of doing this in NT Koine Greek is that the letters of their alphabet are not also numbers. And therefore you can only assign a numerical value of 22 to the 22nd letter, etc.. Using this formula you could not get any name to add up to over 250, let alone 666. You have the same problem with English & all other languages other than the Hebrew language! The 3 different Greek words used in Rev 13:18b to arrive at the number 666 are the 3 different Greek words for 600 and 60 and 6 and not 6 +6 + 6.

And so the *6th Caesar {Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius & the *6th* was NERO} ordered the execution of Paul & Peter in AD *66*. NERO fulfilled *ALL 7 BIBLE CLUES as to the identity of *666 and will be the Beast who comes up from the Abyss {Or Hell-See Rev 11:7 & Rev 17:8} in the coming Great Tribulation!!

Salty

Thanks for looking at that.

I'm not sure if you can see my point.

The Prince of Tyrus, and the King of Tyrus are two different.

The King is Satan, and the Prince is a man, the false prophet.

God was not talking to the actual King of Tyrus, the man, but Satan, because he was there with him.

But when speaking to the Prince, he was speaking directly to the false prophet.

It's a prophecy in code talk.

It doesn't mean Satan is a man.

I know of the scriptures where angels transformed themselves into men, to show themselves,

but they were not men, they were spirit, ..angels.  Created, not born.

I can't recall one scripture where Satan himself ever showed himself as a man,

so if there is a scripture can you please show me.

I understand exactly how you are interpreting it. But I cannot agree with your association of the 'prince of Tyrus' as the "false prophet" of Rev.19:20.

The only other Bible reference to the "false prophet" of Rev.19:20 for the end besides Rev.13:11 forward, is in Christ's Olivet Discourse with Greek 'pseudoprophetes' in the Matt.24:24 Scripture when He was speaking of a singular false messiah that the deceived will be saying, "Lo, here is Christ, or there", and He said, "believe it not" (Matt.24:23).

Matt.24

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, he is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, he is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.

Those phrases in bold blue are in the singular context. I know the KJV translators put it in the plural sense in v.24, but that does not fit the singular context of the 23 & 26 verses.

It's about a singular false messiah the deceived will be claiming is The Christ-Messiah. And our Lord Jesus emphasized that warning, giving it twice, so it's very, very important to understand it.

This is no doubt why Dr. James Strong in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance translated that Greek 'pseudochristos' ("false Christs") in the singular tense as 'a false Christ', and the 'pseudoprophetes' as 'a false prophet'.

So look closely at those 23-26 verses by our Lord, and notice the tense of the 23 & 26 verses especially being about a singular false one the deceived will be claiming is Christ. And remember Deut.18:15, Jesus is referred to as a "Prophet" also. Christ Jesus is a Prophet, not two separate individuals.

If the Matt.24:23 & 26 verses were not about a singular false one, then our Lord Jesus would have warned us about two separate individuals there the deceived will say, "Lo, here is Christ, or there", and not just one person.

Same thing in 2 Thess.2:4 when Paul revealed a singular "man of sin" coming to Jerusalem to sit in the temple of God, and proclaim himself as God, and over all that is called God or that is worshipped.

Same thing in Rev.13:11 forward about the "another beast" that has two horns like a lamb, but speaks as a dragon. The coming false Christ and false prophet are one and the same person, same as the "another beast" individual also.

In each Scripture example - Matt.24:24; 2 Thess.2:4, 9, 10; and Rev.13:13-14, that is the same singular individual that will do those great signs, wonders, and miracles to deceive the whole world. The KJV translators were obviously still a bit undecided on that, otherwise they wouldn't have favored Matt.24:24 in the plural while translating the Matt.24:23 & 26 verses, the  2 Thess.2 and Rev.13 examples in the singular sense.

With the prince of Tyrus and king of Tyrus, note the association of both with merchandise, traffik, and brightness. The word Tyrus also means 'rock', and who is the little "rock" of Deut.32:31?

As for Satan having the image of 'man', I showed that to you in the Isaiah 14:15-16 example.

You still seem to have a problem with understanding the 'image' of man that the angels also have. Did you look up the definition of the Archangel Gabriel's name? Genesis 1:26-27 God revealed that He created flesh Adam with His Own Image Likeness, which is that of the image of man. So why confuse that, since that means that image of man began in the Heavenly with God's Own Image LIkeness? Nor is there is any Scripture evidence of angels that appeared on earth with that image of man having to be transformed so flesh people could see them. That is a requirement someone has told you which is totally un-Biblical.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

do you guys have even an inkling of the confusion that this thread exhibits?

Other one

I believe that the false prophet will be a man, whom Satan has chosen, to do his will, and possibly even a Jew.

Salty believes the false prophet is Satan himself, and not a man.

I have presented scriptures to back up my reasoning,

and Salty has provided scriptures to back up his reasoning.

One of us is right,

and one of us is wrong.

I have provided scriptures from Ezekiel, Daniel and 2 thess that are are speaking of the same person.

There is only one man to come that will claim he is god, with all his lying wonders, miracles, and powers.  The false prophet. This man is deluded.

Satan would like to be the god who created everything, but knows he is not, for he has been in heaven and once served God.

Satan knows he is going to be judged, imprisoned, and finally be thrown into the lake of fire, but wants to take as many with him.

The false prophet thinks he is indestructable.

I think that when Satan "grooms" him, he will not tell him how his end will be.

Satan still likes to be worshiped, but he always does it through causing man to break God's laws.

He is worshiped indirectly.

because he "deceives"

If we bow down to an idol, you can say that we are bowing down to Satan.

If we bow down to the false prophet, you could say we are bowing down to Satan also.

For whatever goes against the truth, is of Satan.

There are only two sides of the fence, one or the other,

and Satan has set all the traps,

in the end he is the one who will be snared.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Other one

I believe that the false prophet will be a man, whom Satan has chosen, to do his will, and possibly even a Jew.

Salty believes the false prophet is Satan himself, and not a man.

I have presented scriptures to back up my reasoning,

and Salty has provided scriptures to back up his reasoning.

One of us is right,

and one of us is wrong.

I have provided scriptures from Ezekiel, Daniel and 2 thess that are are speaking of the same person.

There is only one man to come that will claim he is god, with all his lying wonders, miracles, and powers.  The false prophet. This man is deluded.

Satan would like to be the god who created everything, but knows he is not, for he has been in heaven and once served God.

Satan knows he is going to be judged, imprisoned, and finally be thrown into the lake of fire, but wants to take as many with him.

The false prophet thinks he is indestructable.

I think that when Satan "grooms" him, he will not tell him how his end will be.

Satan still likes to be worshiped, but he always does it through causing man to break God's laws.

He is worshiped indirectly.

because he "deceives"

If we bow down to an idol, you can say that we are bowing down to Satan.

If we bow down to the false prophet, you could say we are bowing down to Satan also.

For whatever goes against the truth, is of Satan.

There are only two sides of the fence, one or the other,

and Satan has set all the traps,

in the end he is the one who will be snared.

Well, if you've noticed I haven't gotten involved in these discussions covering these things on three threads largely because of all the different ideas and the confusion from people talking about things in different contexts and never coming to any real conclusions.

I personally many many years ago created a large board and tried to fit all the things in all the different books together in some kind of a sense that made it fit together, but in the long run had to "ALL" fit together and not pick and choose different scripture and ignore others......    I had about as much luck as you guys have over the past three weeks here.

Add to that I can't really post the things I know here for they are not all out of the Bible but from the Dark side itself.  

I would tell you one thing though, Satan will never lower himself to be restricted to a human body......  

Second thing I would add is that Satan wants you to worship yourself.   He wants you to be your own God more than he wants him to be.   Same as in the garden......   he didn't ask Adam and Eve to bow to him, but to become gods themselves, and that hasn't changed at all unless it's done so since 1979 - 80 time frame.   That's another reason that I don't see him as being the false prophet or either of the beasts....    In my research it seems to me that the beast from the abyss is a chief prince fallen angel who is released from the Pit, could be the Prince of Persia or Prince of Israel....   I don't know their names right off hand, however if I had to pick an entity it would be Azazel from the pit.

You won't find most of these things in the Bible, but you would have to go directly to the source to get them and I would not have you to do that, and i don't think Jesus would either.

I do wish you all could find a way to systematically put all the different pieces out on a table and then place each piece in some kind of order across all the prophets writings so that everything is there where we would know what has happened and what is to happen, and do it in a way that it all fits together and nothing is left out.

I tried to do that for at least ten years back in the mid 60's to mid 70's and got frustrated and just decided to wait and just see what happens.   By the time that the Antichrist (or whatever you want to call him) comes out and proclaims himself as God, everything will have changed for they will all have been kicked out of heaven and all the upper dimensions and they will all be here on planet earth.    That will be Satan himself and at least 30 million angels.....     go figure how that all fits in to our limited glimpse of the future.