• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

The bride of Christ is the church, and in heaven we'll eat at the marriage supper of the Lamb

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

From my understanding, the bride is merely the house of the lord. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,209
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

There are NO scriptures written to the Body of Christ saying that they are the `Bride.`

Now I am from Aussie land & I can just see a fella going up to a mate & saying " Come to Jesus & be His bride."

No it sounds so .................men - bride!!!!!!! Really. God never said that.

God told Israel that His relationship to them as a nation was as a husband, caring, nurturing, a covenantal relationship. Look up -

`For your husband is your maker...` (Isa. 54: 5)

Then when Israel went harloting God divorced them -

`Thus says the Lord God, " Where is the certificate of divorce....` (Isa. 50: 1)

Then when Christ returns to the earth to deliver Israel & judge the nations, then He establishes that relationship with the nation of Israel.

Thus Christ remarries the `wife,` (correct word) in Rev. 19: 7.

This is a `time` purpose with Israel.

In eternity the symbol `bride,` is also used by God to show the interlocking of the two realms - natural & spiritual by the New Jerusalem. (the Bride - joining of 2 things / realms)

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Tiffany....
Revelation 19:7-9

Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

Ephesians 5:25-27

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Revelation 21:2

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:9

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.”

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

2 Corinthians 11:2

For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

John 3:29

The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete.

Revelation 21:9-11

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

Isaiah 54:5

For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called.

Matthew 25:1-46

“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept.

Isaiah 62:5

For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.

Matthew 25:1-18

“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept.

Mark 2:19-20

And Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast. The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast in that day.

Jeremiah 2:2

“Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem, Thus says the Lord, “I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.

2 Corinthians 11:1-4

I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

Psalm 19:3-6

There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

There are many references to the bride prepared for Christ,as a bride ,the Lambs bride.......some argue that the church is the bride ,others say that Holy Jerusalem is His bride....I believe the stronger argument is that since the Angel in Revelation showed Holy Jerusalem to be the Lambs Bride & that the Bride must make herself ready it would seem to me that indeed it is Holy Jerusalem......the church does not have to get herself ready ,she is ready by Christs finished work on the cross.......the church will be the guests at this glorious union!!!!!                                   Love,Kwik

Hi Kwikphilly,

I know the `bride` symbol has been used for so long that it seems true. However a closer look at those scriptures you gave shows differently I believe. Now had you considered ...

The Old Testament ones & the gospels refer to Israel.

The New Testament ones are not referring to the Body of Christ as a `bride.` 

Eph.5: 25  The word `her,` has been put in, the word is `it.` That scripture tells of the love of Christ for His Body. That love is like a husband for his wife but in relation to his own BODY.

2 Cor. 11: 2 is the Apostle Paul telling how he loves his disciples & wants to present them to Christ. Paul does not present us to Christ only his disciples.

Revelation scriptures speak of `the wife of the lamb.` Israel is the former wife who has been `divorced,` by God (Isa. 50: 1  & Jer. 3:8)

Thus we see Israel being united again to God. The gospels tell of this `marriage,` union of God & Israel which is on earth as a man came in with the `dinner guests,` `not dressed in wedding clothes.`(Matt. 22: 11 & 12) & this could not happen in heaven. 

I know that you may continue to disagree, but we each have to say what we believe is the truth till the Lord shows us different. So not wishing to argue as I do appreciate your comments & wisdom around the forums.

Blessings, sis, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Guest Butero

Quickphilly said she believes the bride to be New Jerusalem, and that is the same position I hold.  Look carefully at the last paragraph of her post, after she lists all those scriptures. 

Thanks Butero,

for pointing that out. Yes Kwikphilly said at the end about the church being the guests..... However I was clarifying the scriptures that seemed to contradict that.

`her,` should be `it,` etc.

Blessings Marilyn....

I did not post all the Scriptures for debate or for any comparison,I posted them as the OP was looking for some references

but is there somewhere in the bible to find a description of the ACTUAL bride of Christ.                                                                        posted by Tiffany

I was simply telling Tiffany the two different views that are usually held & as Butero noticed,I said what I believe is supported by Scripture..................I really do not understand what "her,should be it,etc,," means     You seem to be saying the same thing that Butero & I are saying so I don't see your point?I don't see any Scripture contradicting anything,I would hope the OP understands the difference in the OT descriptions of Gods relationship with Israel and she(Israel) being adulterous.............I don't really want to go off into all of that & confuse the OP

I respect others interpretations & I am never one to debate,I am happy to discuss & reason together.......so how do I CONTINUE to disagree ?When did I disagree with anyone or not allow you to speak the truth as you believe It?Number 17 was my 1st & only post on this thread?

God bless you,Kwik

Hi Kwikphilly,

It seems we may be misunderstanding each other here. Sorry kwik. That was good that you posted those scriptures for Tiffany. However I believe they needed explaining as some seemed to say Bride = Church & others were saying Bride = Israel. Just clarifying.

I brought up the `her,`&  `it,` difference as in many bibles their versions in Eph. 5: 25 - 27 are not the correct word. The word should be `it,` referring to the Body of Christ

The `disagreeing,` I meant in your thinking, not here on the thread. And I know you are very good as not to argue. Just saying that I also didn`t want to do that.

Hope the toes are improving, in God`s care - Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Hey Marilyn lol,the toes are good,titanium as a matter of fact,thank you for asking, & for your prayers. Yes,I did not understand what you meant with disagree,as we both seem to have the same understanding,thanks for the clarification,have a Baessed evening. Love,kwik