IGNORED

Where is the Body of Christ in the Millennium?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Marilyn C.

Hi Retrobyter,

Glad we`re back on the topic. So can you prove to me why the Lord Jesus Christ, ruler in the thronal area, the seat of power in eternity, will stay on earth in the Millennium & rule from earth. Remember that `the earth is His footstool.` So why & which scriptures show this to you?

Happy to comply: Regarding "the earth is His footstool," I'm sorry but, as is typical with modern Christians, you have the Son of God mixed up with God, the Father. There are two separate sets of Scripture that contain the word "footstool."

The first set comes from Isaiah 66:1:

Isaiah 66:1

66 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
KJV

The Hebrew phrase for "footstool" is "hadom raglaay," a place for one to "stamp upon" with "my feet."

This verse alludes to ...

1 Kings 8:27
27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven (the atmosphere) and heaven of heavens (outer space) cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
KJV

Places where this verse is quoted are...

Matthew 5:33-35
33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
KJV

Acts 7:44-51
44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.
45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;
46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
47 But Solomon built him an house.
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
KJV

The second set comes from Psalm 110:1:

Psalm 110:1
110 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
KJV

Here, the Hebrew phrase for "thy footstool" is "hadom l-ragleykhaa." Literally, it means a place to "stamp upon" "for your feet."

Places where this verse is quoted are...

Matthew 22:41-45
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
KJV

Mark 12:35-37
35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.
KJV

Luke 20:41-44
41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?
KJV

Hebrews 1:13-14
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
KJV

Hebrews 10:11-14
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
KJV

The first set is about God, the FATHER of Yeshua`. The second set is about the Messiah Yeshua`, the SON of God!

If one confuses these two sets of Scriptures, one is bound to the conclusion that "the earth" consists of "thine enemies!" That's wrong. The ONLY thing that these two sets have in common is the word "hadom" or "footstool."

The first set, however, is an ETERNAL condition; a condition that has no beginning (except when God created the earth and the sky ["heaven"], that is); and it's about God. This has ALWAYS been.

The second set is a time in which there WILL BE a beginning: namely, when God gives the enemies of Yeshua` to Him as a permanent "footstool" from then on; and it's about the Son of God. This begins when the Messiah returns to earth.

This second set of Scriptures have NOT yet been fulfilled, but they MUST be fulfilled and SHALL be fulfilled when the Master and Messiah Yeshua` (the Lord Jesus Christ) returns to rule and reign as promised.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Retrobyter,

I now have my computer back after such a long time. Thank you for all your notes, which I have printed off & I will study them & then get back to you.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Hi Retrobyter,

Thank you for all your information & comments. I did appreciate the `Primer` Hebrew lesson. Now regarding our discussion I do have some questions. I will do them over a few posts.

Firstly, as you said `the Millennium will be far different than what most think will happen.` Thus if you believe that Christ is ruling on the earth in the Millennium, then -

1. Why do people die if Christ is on the earth? (Isa. 66: 20)

2. Why is there` no evil or harm` only on the holy mountain & not the rest of the earth? (Isa. 65: 25)

3. Why is there a King called David reigning if Christ is ruling on the earth? (Jer.30: 9)

4. Why can Satan gather the nations at the end of the Millennium if Christ is on the earth? (Rev. 20: 7 & 8)

5. Why doesn`t Christ smite them with the sword of His mouth if He is ruling on the earth? (Rev. 20: 9)

I`m interested to hear your reply, Retro.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Retrobyter,

Thank you for all your information & comments. I did appreciate the `Primer` Hebrew lesson. Now regarding our discussion I do have some questions. I will do them over a few posts.

Firstly, as you said `the Millennium will be far different than what most think will happen.` Thus if you believe that Christ is ruling on the earth in the Millennium, then -

2. Why is there` no evil or harm` only on the holy mountain & not the rest of the earth? (Isa. 65: 25)

3. Why is there a King called David reigning if Christ is ruling on the earth? (Jer.30: 9)

4. Why can Satan gather the nations at the end of the Millennium if Christ is on the earth? (Rev. 20: 7 & 8)

5. Why doesn`t Christ smite them with the sword of His mouth if He is ruling on the earth? (Rev. 20: 9)

I just saw your questions and enjoy thinking about the millenium so here is my answer:

1) There are two groups of people living on earth during the millenium, one group are the mortal (unsaved) survivors of the wrath of the second coming, the other are the resurrected saints who stay in the "camp of the saints" in Jerusalem according to Rev 20.  Us saints are also possibly the "offspring of the prince" in Ezekiel, we are the adopted sons of God. It is the mortals who die.

2) The Holy Mountain is where the saints are, we are perfected forever. Possibly only cleansed mortals are allowed into that area.

3) The Messiah is known as the "son of David" and David could be a symbolic reference to the Messiah..

4) These are descendents of the mortal survivors.

5) Christ smites the armies at the battle of Armageddon. Jesus does not smite everyone. All those he allows to live , are ruled over by a rod of iron. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Also it does not say that the Lord is physically on earth reigning. As I said before the `earth is His footstool.` And think also of how would Satan be able to gather the nations at the end of the Millennium with the Lord physically on earth.  

Isaiah 66:1   Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Psalms 110:1   The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Matthew 22:44   The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mark 12:36   For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Luke 20:43   Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Acts 2:35   Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Hebrews 10:13   From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Hi Marilyn.

Interesting topic.  One I am most passionate about.  I've enjoyed reading this discussion.

I've given all these scriptures because they are speaking of the same thing.

In Isaiah, God is speaking. 

The earth is God's footstool because the world is under him, in his hands.  He created all, because the next verse says this.

Isaiah 66:2   For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

I hope we can agree here that the verse is not depicting God being higher up than earth, in heaven, but the main focal point is that all is in his hands.

Now the other passages are speaking of Jesus.  God is telling Jesus to sit on his right hand until he makes his enemies his footstool.

The verse is now clarified.

So if Jesus sits next to God only until his enemies are put under him (which will happen at his coming),

then I can see clearly that this suggests Christ will rule elsewhere after this is fulfilled.

This would be earth during the millennium.

Not enough proof yet, yes I know, but something to ponder on for now

what do you think?

Edited by Sister

Hi Sister,

Good to chat with another Aussie. Glad it`s starting to warm up here, ay. We`re into the hay season now & it looks like a good year.

Now to our discussion. Glad you brought up Isaiah 66 1 & 2. Yes as you said v.2 does focus on `all is in His hands,` however you would agree I`m sure that v.1 clearly shows us where God`s throne is. `Heaven is My throne, & the earth is My footstool.`

Then you bring out a good point from Matt. 22: 44 (from Ps. 110: 1)`God telling Jesus to sit on His right hand until he makes His enemies His footstool.` You think this suggests that `Christ will rule elsewhere after this is fulfilled....during the Millennium.` That could be a possibility, so we need to look at other scriptures concerning this topic of rulership & authority.

Let`s look at Ephesians 1: 20 & 21 

`God....raised Him (Christ) from the dead, & seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, FAR ABOVE ALL RULE & AUTHORITY & power & dominion, & every name that is named, not only in this age but IN THE AGE TO COME. And He put ALL THINGS in subjection under His feet....`

So when `His enemies are made His footstool,` Christ will then be given His own throne, His own authority (by the Father & subject to Him.)

`He who overcomes I will grant to Him to sit with Me on My throne.` (Rev. 3: 21) 

`God...has given all judgment to the Son....` He gave Him authority to execute judgment.....` (John 5: 22 & 27) 

Thus for Christ to execute this authority from His throne it needs to be in authority FAR ABOVE ALL, & not under other authorities, powers & dominions etc.Thus we see Christ receiving this authority in Rev. 4 & 5 where we know He is proclaimed the only worthy one to receive this the highest of all authority, (under God the Father).

Thanks for being interested to discuss.

Hi Argosy,

I must say I do like the African accent & wish I could hear you speak. Anyway hope the weather is warming up for you over your way.

Thank you for your answers/ Some I agree with & others I will reply to.

1. Yes I agree it is the mortals who will die. But again why if Jesus is walking around?

Also you say `us saints...stay in the camp of the saints.` If you carefully read Rev. 20: 4 you`ll see that those people are described very specifically as `beheaded for the testimony of Jesus...`

Then again if you think that is the Body of Christ, the millions & millions (if not billions) then how are we all on the holy mountain (standing room only it seems to me). Then when Satan & the world`s armies surround the camp why are we `holed up` there. Is that our blessed hope of ruling & reigning with Christ cornered by Satan & his armies?

2. Again my understanding of the `blessed hope,` is not on some mountain. Perhaps a topic to look into.

3. Yes, the Messiah is known as `the son of David,` however this king David produces physical sons. (Ez. 46: 16)

4. Yes, Satan`s armies are descendants of the mortal survivors, but if we had been `ruling & reigning with Christ on earth,` then we haven`t done a very good job if they are now all in rebellion against us!!!!!

5. Yes, Christ smites the armies of Armageddon & rules over the nations in the Millennium with the rod of iron. However had you realised that the picture of Christ & the Body of Christ `holed up `in the camp with Satan & his armies surrounding them, is a ridiculous picture. The truth is -

`And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, & will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth...to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.

And they came up on the broad plain of the earth & surrounded the camp of the saints & the beloved city, & fire came down from heaven & devoured them.` (Rev. 20: 7 - 9)

The word `saints,` is also used for Israel who have been promised to rule over the nations in the Millennium. There is no mention of Christ in those scriptures, & it is difficult to believe that He would be `hiding,` in Jerusalem while it is surrounded.

What do you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Argosy,

I must say I do like the African accent & wish I could hear you speak. Anyway hope the weather is warming up for you over your way.

Thank you for your answers/ Some I agree with & others I will reply to.

1. Yes I agree it is the mortals who will die. But again why if Jesus is walking around?

Also you say `us saints...stay in the camp of the saints.` If you carefully read Rev. 20: 4 you`ll see that those people are described very specifically as `beheaded for the testimony of Jesus...`

Then again if you think that is the Body of Christ, the millions & millions (if not billions) then how are we all on the holy mountain (standing room only it seems to me). Then when Satan & the world`s armies surround the camp why are we `holed up` there. Is that our blessed hope of ruling & reigning with Christ cornered by Satan & his armies?

2. Again my understanding of the `blessed hope,` is not on some mountain. Perhaps a topic to look into.

3. Yes, the Messiah is known as `the son of David,` however this king David produces physical sons. (Ez. 46: 16)

4. Yes, Satan`s armies are descendants of the mortal survivors, but if we had been `ruling & reigning with Christ on earth,` then we haven`t done a very good job if they are now all in rebellion against us!!!!!

5. Yes, Christ smites the armies of Armageddon & rules over the nations in the Millennium with the rod of iron. However had you realised that the picture of Christ & the Body of Christ `holed up `in the camp with Satan & his armies surrounding them, is a ridiculous picture. The truth is -

`And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, & will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth...to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.

And they came up on the broad plain of the earth & surrounded the camp of the saints & the beloved city, & fire came down from heaven & devoured them.` (Rev. 20: 7 - 9)

al

The word `saints,` is also used for Israel who have been promised to rule over the nations in the Millennium. There is no mention of Christ in those scriptures, & it is difficult to believe that He would be `hiding,` in Jerusalem while it is surrounded.

What do you think?

Thanks for the compliment about the accent,   but there are various accents here, hope I have the one you like :)

1/2.  The beheaded are those in the first resurrection according to Rev 20:4-6  I believe neither the first resurrection, nor the "camp of the saints" are limited to the beheaded. I believe the word "saints" and the "first resurrection" have a wider application although I can see where you are getting your view from in the text. 

I believe only some of us will be in that camp, most will be in the Jerusalem above. Our blessed hope is above, not here during the millenium. Those who happen to be in the camp will not be "cornered". I am pretty sure they will be confident in their resurrected eternal bodies and the support of God, and not threatened at all by the attack.

3.  Ezekiel 46:16 ... I am open to your view, but currently I believe that these "sons" are the adopted sons of God, us saints.

4. I see the millenium as a succesful training exercise for any future ruling in a universe without Satan. Satan's appearance does not lessen the value of the training for situations without Satan.   And Satan is cast into the lake of fire and so has no further effect in eternity. He becomes an irrelevant force.

5. I don't regard your use of the words "hiding" and "holed up" and "ridiculous" as adding to your point.   If these are eternal resurrected saints with Jesus, we would be a pretty confident bunch, with no need to suddenly evacuate up to the heavenly Jerusalem, or to feel "holed up". We just confidently wait for God to sort out the situation, knowing it will be over quickly and we are indestructible.  

Hi Argosy,

I think the accent I mean is a bit like a Canadian with a touch of Dutch. (!!!!)

1/2 Can you give scriptures to back your claim of `wider application.`

3. `But they shall serve the Lord their God & David their king,....` (Jer. 30: 9) Clearly David is a person & not the Lord.

4. `...successful training exercise...` How do you mean it is `successful`?

5. `...confidently waiting for God to sort out the situation...` But don`t you believe that Jesus is there being surrounded? That is very strange to me.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Marilyn C.

Sorry it's taken a while to write. Work keeps me busy, and I often fall asleep at my computer these days.

Hi Retrobyter,

In answer to your first question, "Why do people die if Christ is on earth," did they not die when He came the first time? The natural laws are still applicable during the Millennium. Sure, He can heal people and raise the dead, but people during the Millennium will still have to believe in Him enough to come to Him, as they did during His first advent. If they do not, sin and death shall still be prevalent during the Millennium; death is the LAST enemy to be conquered!

The parables of Matthew 13 are NOT about the present; they are about this future Millennium - the Kingdom from the skies (because Yeshua` the KING will come back from the skies):

Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven (Greek: hee basileia toon ouranoon = "the Kingdom from the skies") is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
KJV

In this parable, Yeshua` is VERY specific as to what each element represents:
The sower = the Son of man
The field = the world (Greek: kosmos = "world-system")
The good seed = the children of the Kingdom
The tares (weeds) = the children of the wicked [one]
The enemy = the devil (Greek: diabolos = "slanderer")
The harvest = the end of the world (Greek: aioon = "age")
The reapers = the angels (Greek: aggeloi = "messengers")

Thus, we could go back to the first few verses and make the appropriate substitutions:

24 ... The kingdom of heaven is (likened unto) the Son of man who sowed children of the Kingdom in his world-system:
25 But while men slept, the slanderer came and sowed children of the wicked [one] among the children of the kingdom, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the children of the wicked [one] also.
27 So the angels/messengers of the Son of man came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow children of the Kingdom in thy world-system? from whence then hath it the children of the wicked [one]?
28 He said unto them, The slanderer hath done this. The angels/messengers said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the children of the wicked [one], ye root up also the children of the Kingdom with them.
30 Let both grow together until the end of the age (the end of the Millennium): and in the time of the end of the age I will say to the angels/messengers, Gather ye together first the children of the wicked [one], and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the children of the Kingdom into my barn.

Then, Yeshua` added the explanation:

40 As therefore the children of the wicked [one] are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this age.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels/messengers, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

This parable is in sync with Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 15:20-28:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: (0) Christ the firstfruits; afterward (1) they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then (2) cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

Thus, the Kingdom of the Messiah shall become a part of the Kingdom of God, the Messiah's Father. In the above location, Paul mentions THREE important resurrections:

The first important resurrection is that of the Son of God Himself. I call it the "0th" resurrection because it is not typically numbered with the other two. Here, Paul calls it the "firstfruits."

The "1st" resurrection is the general resurrection which will happen when the Messiah Yeshua` returns, and the "2nd" resurrection is the general resurrection which will happen at the end of the Millennium. That will not necessarily be a happy resurrection, like the other two, when the dead, small and great, stand before the Great White Throne Judgment. These are GENERAL resurrections; that is, they will happen to many at the same time. However, don't think for a moment that these are all the resurrections there will be during the Millennium! If Yeshua` AND HIS DISCIPLES brought people back from the dead during and after the first advent, then He and we, too, shall resurrect people during the Millennium during and after the second advent!

This passage can be harmonized with Revelation 20, although I won't go into that now.

The answer to question 2 is "There is ` no evil or harm` only on the holy mountain because THAT is His Kingdom! The rest of the earth will GRADUALLY become part of that Kingdom as ONE BY ONE He becomes King over their countries, as well. You see, He will become the World Emperor - the KING OF KINGS - a benevolent Emperor, but an Emperor just the same! Not every country will fall under His jurisdiction right away. His kingdom, like the stone that became a great mountain, and like the mustard seed that grows to the greatest of herbs, His WORLD-WIDE Kingdom will take time! He SUBDUES His enemies, one by one, over the course of a THOUSAND YEARS!

The answer to question 3, "Why is there a King called David reigning if Christ is ruling on the earth," is because Yeshua` will be the OVER-KING, but He will have subordinate kings below Him. As His Isra'el grows and envelops more countries, He will need to delegate lesser kings! Those are OUR positions, too, by the way. Over the state of Isra'el proper, He will place a well-seasoned and proven king, His ancestor David - recently resurrected from the dead, and why not? Who would make a better king over Isra'el?

May I remind you of some verses that I definitely take literally?

Revelation 1:4-6
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
KJV

Revelation 5:9-10
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
KJV

The answer to question 4, "Why can Satan gather the nations at the end of the Millennium if Christ is on the earth," is simply that you are not quite defining the term "Christ" correctly. "Christ" comes from the Greek term "Christos," which means an "Anointed" one. It's the Greek equivalent to the Hebrew "Mashiach," from which we get the term "Messiah." "Mashiach" also means an "Anointed" one. The word does NOT mean that Yeshua` is God or God the Son! To the contrary, it means that He is the Son of God, destined to be the King. Just because the Messiah in on the earth it doesn't mean that He is in full control of the earth! Don't read into the Scriptures more than is there.

Also, re-read the parable above! These "children of the wicked one" were PLANTED (pun intentional) among the children of the Kingdom by the Slanderer himself!

Finally, the answer to question 5, "Why doesn`t Christ smite them with the sword of His mouth if He is ruling on the earth," is this: Who says that He won't? The Messiah certainly SHALL smite them with the sword of His mouth during the Rescue when He rescues His blood relatives, Isra'el, from their oppressors and we also can read this Psalm about the character of His reign: (The words of Yeshua` are in red, the words of God the Father are in two shades of purple, and the words of the kings are in blue. Narration within the text is in green.)

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: 'the LORD hath said unto me, <<Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.>>'
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."
KJV

Now, regarding “Ephesians 1: 20 & 21 

`God....raised Him (Christ) from the dead, & seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, FAR ABOVE ALL RULE & AUTHORITY & power & dominion, & every name that is named, not only in this age but IN THE AGE TO COME. And He put ALL THINGS in subjection under His feet....`,” it’s very important to understand THOROUGHLY such a passage, and the only way to thoroughly understand it is to go back to the original Greek language:

Pros Efesious 1:20-23

20 Heen eneergeesen en too Christoo egeiras auton ek nekroon, kai kathisas en dexia autou en tois epouraniois

21 huperanoo pasees archees kai exousias kai dunomeoos kai kurioteetos kai pantos onomatos onomazomenou ou monon en too aiooni toutoo alla kai en too mellonti;

22 kai panta hupetaxen hupo tous podas autou, kai auton edooken kefaleen huper panta tee ekkleesia,

23 heetis estin to sooma autou, to pleerooma tou ta panta en pasin pleeroumenou.

The Greek New Testament (UBS)

20 Heen = 20 Who/Which/What/That (Personal/Relative Pronoun-Accusative,Feminine,Singular)

eneergeesen = he-worked (Verb-Perfect,Indicative,Active-3rd Person,Singular)

en = in (Preposition)

too = the (Article-Dative,Masculine,Singular)

Christoo = Messiah/Mashiach/Anointed (Noun-Dative,Masculine,Singular)

egeiras = raising (Verb-Aorist,Participle,Active-Nominative,Masculine,Singular)

auton = him (Personal/Possessive Pronoun-Accusative,Masculine,3rd Person, Singular)

ek = out-from (Preposition)

nekroon, = (the)-dead, (Adjective-Genitive,Masculine,Plural)

kai = and/also (Conjunction)

kathisas = set (Verb-Aorist,Participle,Active-Nominative,Masculine,Singular)

en = in (Preposition)

dexia = right-hand-side (Adjective-Dative,Feminine,Singular)

autou = of-him/his (Personal/Possessive Pronoun-Genitive,Masculine,3rd Person,Singular)

en = in (Preposition)

tois = the (Article-Dative,Neuter,Plural)

epouraniois = above-the-skies (Adjective-Dative,Neuter,Plural)

21 huperanoo = 21 greatly-higher-than (Preposition)

pasees = all/every (Adjective-Genitive,Feminine,Singular)

archees = chief (Noun-Genitive,Feminine,Singular)

exousias = right/authority (Noun-Genitive,Feminine,Singular)

dunomeoos = power (Noun-Genitive,Feminine,Singular)

kurioteetos = lordship/mastery (Noun-Genitive,Feminine,Singular)

pantos = every (Adjective-Genitive,Neuter,Singular)

onomatos = name/character (Noun-Genitive,Neuter,Singular)

onomazomenou, = named/uttered/assigned (Verb-Present,Participle,Middle/Passive-Genitive,Neuter,Singular)

ou = not (Adverb)

monon = solely/only (Adverb)

en = in (Preposition)

aiooni =age/period (Noun-Dative,Masculine,Singular)

toutoo = this-one (Demonstrative Pronoun-Dative,Masculine,Singular)

alla = but (Conjunction)

en = in (Preposition)

mellonti; = anticipated/expected; (Verb-Present,Participle,Active-Dative,Masculine,Singular)

22 kai = 22 and/also (Conjunction)

panta = all (Adjective-Accusative,Neuter,Plural)

hupetaxen = He-has-arranged-below (Verb-Aorist,Indicative,Active-3rd Person,Singular)

hupo = under (Preposition)

tous = the (Article-Accusative,Masculine,Plural)

podas = feet (Noun-Accusative,Masculine,Plural)

autou = of-him/his (Personal/Possessive Pronoun-Genitive,Masculine,3rd Person,Singular)

auton = him (Personal/Possessive Pronoun-Accusative,Masculine,3rd Person,Singular)

edooken = He-has-given (Verb-Aorist,Indicative,Active-3rd Person,Singular)

kefaleen = head/headship (Noun-Accusative,Feminine,Singular)

huper = over (Preposition)

tee = to-the (Article-Dative,Feminine,Singular)

ekkleesia, = called-out-(assembly), (Noun-Dative,Feminine,Singular)

23 heetis = 23 which (Personal/Relative Pronoun-Nominative,Feminine,Singular)

estin = is (Verb-Present,Indicative,Active-3rd Person,Singular)

to = the (Article-Nominative,Neuter,Singular)

sooma = body (Noun-Nominative,Neuter,Singular)

autou, = of-him/his, (Personal/Possessive Pronoun-Genitive,Masculine,3rd Person,Singular)

to = the (Article-Nominative,Neuter,Singular)

pleerooma = full-contents (Noun-Nominative,Neuter,Singular)

tou = of-the (Article-Genitive,Masculine,Singular)

ta = the (Article-Accusative,Neuter,Plural)

en = in (Preposition)

pasin = every (Adjective-Dative,Neuter,Plural)

pleeroumenou. = that-is-filling. (Verb-Present,Participle,Middle-Genitive,Masculine,Singular)

20 Which He-worked in the Messiah/Mashiach/Anointed raising him out-from (the)-dead, and/also set in right-hand-side of-him/his in the above-the-skies

21 greatly-higher-than every chief and/also right/authority and/also power and/also lordship/mastery and/also every name/character named/uttered/assigned not solely/only in the age/period this-one but and/also in the anticipated/expected;

22 and all He-has-arranged-below under the feet of-him/his and/also him He-has-given head/headship over all to-the called-out-(assembly),

23 which is the body of-him/his, the full-contents of-the the all in every-(thing) that-is-filling.

20 Which He worked in the Messiah raising him out from the dead, and setting him in His right-hand side in the above-the-skies

21 increased above every chief and authority and power and lordship and every name uttered not only in this age but and/also in the one anticipated;

22 and He has arranged all below under his feet and He has given him headship over all the called-out assembly,

23 which is his body, the fulfillness of him who fills everything in every way.

At no time does this passage say ANYTHING about Yeshua` REIGNING from on high! It is simply saying that He is out of the reach of anyone who has any sort of power or authority who might try to do Him harm!

According to Lukas, in Luke 19:11 and following, Yeshua` said this about Himself within the parable of the “ten pounds”:

Luke 19:11-15, 26-27

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
KJV

Everyone focuses on the story within the story - the ten pounds, and mostly from the other Gospels - but seldom do they focus on the outer story itself. It doesn’t sound like the kind “Jesus Christ” they know. BUT, these were YESHUA`S OWN WORDS! He comes BACK to reign!