dscapp

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Sure God could override everyone's will and just "save" everyone.   He could say, "you will accept my love whether you want to or not."   In human terms, we call that rape.

But it's not rape. Rape is the result of sinful men or women forcing. Jesus was sinless. The love of a sinful man and rape cannot be compared to heavenly sinless love.

Actually, that comparion is spot on.   The notion that God could force His love on a person is substantively the same as a man who is obsessed with a woman, thinks he loves her and forces it upon her.   Therefore the comparison works

What you seem to be missing is that if it is forced, it isn't love.  There is no such thing as a heavenly sinless love that is forces itself on others.  Love only has value when it is accepted freely. 

I see what you're saying. So basically our faith meets his grace right in the middle of his love.

But if he is in control of drawing people in to salvation, why doesn't he draw everybody in.

Wouldn't God intervene if someone's heart is so hard that the only way to see the truth IS for God to intervene.

Like for example, it's not what you know it's who you know. You can be the smartest person in the world and still have a hard heart.

God drawing people in is not forcing himself right?

Guest LadyC

to draw everybody in would be to force those who don't WANT in to BE in. some people are just more interested in attaining 10,000 virgins granted them by allah in the afterlife than in spending eternity worshiping God.

to draw everybody in would be to force those who don't WANT in to BE in. some people are just more interested in attaining 10,000 virgins granted them by allah in the afterlife than in spending eternity worshiping God.

Ok, I think I understand more now. Like for example, when someone hits rock bottom they can either turn to the false virgins or Jesus Christ.

I have a question though, what specifically in their mind and heart is making them aware of allah or Jesus Christ if the holy spirit or false holy spirit hasn't come to them yet.

Guest LadyC

that's a very good question!

God makes Himself known to every person ever born. He reveals Himself through nature, sometimes through visions, sometimes through other people, sometimes through the heart in ways we can only imagine. He states in His word that He will reveal Himself to everyone, so that nobody will die without the opportunity to know Him, and since i believe His word to be 100% true and infallible, i have no reason to doubt this.

as for those who are made aware of allah, that happens through man-made teachings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings dscapp...

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT)

4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Don't forget that we have an ever present enemy who is very busy at work in the world trying to deceive as many as he can..........

Love,Kwik

God makes Himself known to every person ever born. He reveals Himself through nature, sometimes through visions, sometimes through other people, sometimes through the heart in ways we can only imagine.

Why does it take a lifetime though for people to figure that out.

Why do people die nonbelievers and not see the signs while they're alive.

Like if God is slow to drawing people in and John Smith died an atheist yesterday then was God just too slow.

Guest LadyC

who is john smith? 

God is never too slow. some people just don't want what He has to offer. some people just want to do things their way, partying and having fun, and take many years before they grow up enough to want to settle down. that was me, for sure!

and then some people's hearts are just too full of anger and hatred to want what He has to offer. it's really that simple. 

who is john smith? 

God is never too slow. some people just don't want what He has to offer. some people just want to do things their way, partying and having fun, and take many years before they grow up enough to want to settle down. that was me, for sure!

and then some people's hearts are just too full of anger and hatred to want what He has to offer. it's really that simple. 

That makes sense.

God is never too slow.

Another question. Ok, so if Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38-39 HAS to come to pass in order for the second coming of Christ to come to pass then, God created those people in those prophecies specifically fit for destruction, no? For example, can the second coming of Christ come to pass without these two prophecies coming to pass?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't believe that God sees into the future. The future doesn't exist yet. Our concept of time is a man-made one created by Einstein's theory of relativity. You can't travel forward in time and you can't travel back in time. You can't see into the future either. There is no future. We are using man-made concepts to make time into something fixed and immutable.

God is in complete control, that's how he knows what will happen because he makes it happen and nothing has the power to stop him. He knows who will receive him and who will reject him, not because he has pre-ordained it but because he knows us all so well.

We do have free will, but God knows how we will use it.

So, am I to understand that you believe God is bound to human restrictions?  You really need to review what scripture tells us about God if you do believe He does not know the future.