• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

By Joseph DeCaro, Worthy News Correspondent

SEARCY (Worthy News)– A Christian restaurant owner is taking more than his kitchen's heat after offering a faith-based discount to his customers.

Steven Rose, the owner of Bailey's Pizza in Searcy, Ark., told TheBlaze that 10 days after posting a 10 percent discount on Facebook for any customer with a church bulletin, he was warned by the Freedom From Religion Foundation that the discount was an act of discrimination.

"The law requires places of public accommodation to offer their services to customers without regard to race, color, religion or national origin," attorney Elizabeth Cavell told KTHV-TV.

But Rose said no one needs to be a churchgoer to receive his faith-based discount.

"I didn't say you had to go to church. I said come in with a church bulletin."

However, Rose has been encouraged by the support showed him after receiving the FFRF complaint, especially from conservative firms that have offered legal assistance.

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Why is it discrimination to give offers to certain customers? Can a private business not make its own choices?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Some one always has something to complain about.

Guest shiloh357

No service was denied, no one was charged more than someone else, so there is no case for discrimination to be made.  But leave it to liberals and atheists to make something out of nothing.

it's not discrimination because everybody is getting served food. some people bring in coupons. the pizza place defined the church bulletin as a coupon. 

and someone needs to fight back against these people... our constitution does not guarantee freedom FROM religion, it guarantees freedom OF religion.

yeah, the restaurant in tennessee that used to give out discounts to random people who were seen praying before a meal quit giving discounts under threat from the same group of hate-filled people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I forgot my coupon at home so wal-mart didnt give me 15% off of my new pair of shoes. I must be being discriminated against.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I just watched a video on my news feed on facebook and he's not backing down....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was going to add my two cents, but I see it so well stated already! This man isn't discriminating against anyone, anymore than a parking spot set aside for disabled folks is! It's a special discount for folks who probably frequent his establishment! I remember when I was the assistant manager at a NASCAR simulator, that we once ran a special for father's day where if a dad brought his son, one got to race for free. We're we discriminating against mom's? No, of course not! Our business had a stronger male demographic, so we used that! I pray the FfRF is disbanded for being the hate group that it is!

Guest shiloh357

There restaurants that give special discounts to military veterans.  There are special discounts given to members of law enforcement.  No one argues that discrimination has taken place in those instances.

A private business can make its own decisions about these matters.   As  long as no one is denied service or is over charged or in any disenfranchised, no discrimination has taken place.