justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Does everyone here believe that there still exists a Cherubim guarding an entrance into the garden of Eden with two flaming swords?  Or is the garden of Eden now accessible?  Would that mean that tree of life was accessible?  Or did the tree of life die and thus the Cherubim is no longer needed?

clb

If the garden was actually on the planet, it most likely was destroyed in the flood.   the tree of life is in paradise according to the new testament, but I don't recall anywhere the tree of knowledge of good and evil is.    I don't recall any further mention of the Garden in our future.......    but the Bible is a big book and I could have missed something along the way of reading it.    I believe our new abode with be the New Jerusalem.....      upscale version of the Garden.

Are you saying God took the tree of life to heaven ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The garden would probably have been destroyed in the flood. The tree of life and tree of knowledge probably died as well. The tree of life does not have to survive, God can grow another one in time for the New Heaven and Earth or just create one fully formed..

Then why put angels to protect it ? Could not God destroyed it on spot and not wait for the flood ? 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Does everyone here believe that there still exists a Cherubim guarding an entrance into the garden of Eden with two flaming swords?  Or is the garden of Eden now accessible?  Would that mean that tree of life was accessible?  Or did the tree of life die and thus the Cherubim is no longer needed?

clb

A simple search of scripture would answer your question if the tree of life died.

Revelation 22:2

In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Revelation is a highly symbolic book; but even if the tree mentioned there is literal, it is a tree of the New Jerusalem which is lowered down from heaven.  Thus it is problematic to identify with the exact tree of Genesis 2.

clb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

clb

If the garden was actually on the planet, it most likely was destroyed in the flood.   the tree of life is in paradise according to the new testament, but I don't recall anywhere the tree of knowledge of good and evil is.    I don't recall any further mention of the Garden in our future.......    but the Bible is a big book and I could have missed something along the way of reading it.    I believe our new abode with be the New Jerusalem.....      upscale version of the Garden.

Rev 2:6-7

7'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life , which is in the Paradise of God.'

NASB

No, I said it was in paradise.......      now we would need a thread to decide where Gods Paradise is, and the time frame of it's placing there.

Rev 22:1-3

22:1 And he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. And on either side of the river was the tree of life , bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

NASB

So all we need to do is decide where the throne is and follow the river of the water of life and there we will find the trees.  Since they are on both sides of the river I can assume that there are more than one.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

God`s word is about Christ. The `Tree of Life,` is symbolic of Christ. There is no other or thing that has life except it is from Christ.

clb

7'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life , which is in the Paradise of God.'

NASB

No, I said it was in paradise.......      now we would need a thread to decide where Gods Paradise is, and the time frame of it's placing there.

22:1 And he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. And on either side of the river was the tree of life , bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

NASB

So all we need to do is decide where the throne is and follow the river of the water of life and there we will find the trees.  Since they are on both sides of the river I can assume that there are more than one.

I think it will be bit more complicated; after all, there will probably be billions of Christians. So there is going to be a line; my guess the "no cutting" rule will still apply. If the rate of growth for these leaves is the same as now, that makes the waiting significantly longer.  But I suppose we can presume upon supernatural growth.  Even so.

clb

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

clb

NASB

NASB

I think it will be bit more complicated; after all, there will probably be billions of Christians. So there is going to be a line; my guess the "no cutting" rule will still apply. If the rate of growth for these leaves is the same as now, that makes the waiting significantly longer.  But I suppose we can presume upon supernatural growth.  Even so.

clb

for all I know there may be two billion trees.....   it says that they are on both sides of the river but it doesn't say how many...   every time one seems to put a finger on possibilities, it raises three more questions....  I think I'll just trust him to save me a bite...

Guest shiloh357

Talk about making something more difficult than it has to be....

The Bible says that there was the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  I am not sure what is so hard to believe about that.  There is nothing symbolic in genesis about that.   It is important that we don't try to force symbolism where it doesn't belong simply because we have an agenda to make the Bible fit what we are prepared to accept or believe.

Talk about making something more difficult than it has to be....

The Bible says that there was the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  I am not sure what is so hard to believe about that.  There is nothing symbolic in genesis about that.   It is important that we don't try to force symbolism where it doesn't belong simply because we have an agenda to make the Bible fit what we are prepared to accept or believe.

We're not talking only about Genesis here Shiloh.  Read the posts and you'll see that Revelation comes into play.  and even with Genesis there are other questions.  Read the posts.

clb

clb

NASB

NASB

clb

for all I know there may be two billion trees.....   it says that they are on both sides of the river but it doesn't say how many...   every time one seems to put a finger on possibilities, it raises three more questions....  I think I'll just trust him to save me a bite...

Well the Greek suggests just one tree.  Doesn't say the "trees of life".  So we don't even have two trees.  We have one tree of life somehow spanning a river.

But then it doesn't say how broad its branches are!!  Perhaps the branches extend for miles and miles.  That would obviously disperse the lines.  Of course the description of the river would be irrelevant to about 99% of the line in that case....hmmm, something else to think about.  

clb

Edited by ConnorLiamBrown