• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,126
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.  Gal 3

Note that this passage says nothing about the called ministry. It only speaks about being heirs of salvation in Christ. Presuming that it speaks about the ministry is adding to the Word.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ... Eph. 4:11-12

Here Paul says that other gifts and callings are not for all, only for some.

Why did Jesus not call a single woman to be an Apostle or Seventy? Why, likewise, did the Apostles not call a single woman to ministerial office? People who say that we now should do this should provide a plausible reason why the Lord and his chosen Apostles did not do this. Were they sexist? Were they afraid of public opinion? Until someone can provide a convincing answer to these questions, it seems mighty presumptuous to go contrary to the example and pattern set by our Lord. The Lord continually rebuked the Pharisees for presumptiously adding their own teachings to the Law of Moses. Beware of making the same mistake.

Edited by WilliamL

Men have been given sole authority over the sanctuary of the Spirit.

That is just simply not to be found in the Bible anywhere.

It is found by example: in the Mosaic Tabernacle, the Temple at Jerusalem, and in the ministry of the early Church established by Christ and his Apostles. Men only were called to the ministerial offices of God: Aaronic, Levitical, Apostolic, Seventy, Deaconate. According to the biblical record, not a single woman ever filled these offices.

Please answer the questions of my previous post.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.  Gal 3

Note that this passage says nothing about the called ministry. It only speaks about being heirs of salvation in Christ. Presuming that it speaks about the ministry is adding to the Word.

pls. note, since you are not familiar with my style of posting, that my use of caps in some words is for emphasis...so the point I am making is not overlooked

I am addressing your claim that the differences between men and women are so extreme that women have no say in anything spiritual, ie their

domain is physical only.

I will add that is an absurd claim.  Men and women are one in Christ Jesus as the scriptures state and women are not defined by having children only.

If there are any additions being made to the Bible, I would define them within the post you made

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ... Eph. 4:11-12

Here Paul says that other gifts and callings are not for all, only for some.

Why did Jesus not call a single woman to be an Apostle or Seventy? Why, likewise, did the Apostles not call a single woman to ministerial office? People who say that we now should do this should provide a plausible reason why the Lord and his chosen Apostles did not do this. Were they sexist? Were they afraid of public opinion? Until someone can provide a convincing answer to these questions, it seems mighty presumptuous to go contrary to the example and pattern set by our Lord. The Lord continually rebuked the Pharisees for presumptiously adding their own teachings to the Law of Moses. Beware of making the same mistake.

How about when people decide to take away from what the Bible states and do so on the authority of bias and fear?

Jesus had 12 disciples.  Are those the only people Jesus ever called?  But apart from the obvious, kindly take a look at the following:

Present on the day of Pentecost we have both men AND women and ALL received the gift of the Holy Spirit:  Acts 1: 12-14

Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. 25He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervora and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.  Acts 18

Note that BOTH Priscilla AND Aquila explained to Apollos the gospel...Priscilla was not baking cookies or having a child in the bedroom...she was 

ACTIVELY participating

Read Romans 1: 1-16 and determine if the names of the women there are accidents or if they were included BECASUSE they were active saints

spreading the gospel and active in church...Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord.  v12

You will note that Priscilla is mentionned again along with her husband:  Greet Priscillac and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus. 4They risked their lives for me.

Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

Paul states that Priscilla is a CO-WORKER in Christ...that really flies in the opposite direction of your statements.  You can't deny what Paul states

here!

Here's another:  Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you.

Who worked very hard in the church for other believers?  MARY...a WOMAN

So, yuh know,  the first Christians were acknowledging women in ministry, so a person might actually ask why certain

men today have such a hard time with it.

God does not give gifts according to gender.  The Bible makes no such dispensation.

The word 'some' refers to neither sex.

However the Holy Spirit indwells each believer and is not ordered around by sexual preference as you seem to suggest in your first post.  Actually,

no one orders Him around.

That is just simply not to be found in the Bible anywhere.

You do state that this is your opinion however (again in your first post)

Secondly (and this is my personal opinion based on both biblical and extra-biblical sources), there are two primary ministries that God has established in mankind: the ministry wherein spiritual children are brought into the world, and the ministry where bodily children are brought into the world. 

Again, this is not found in the Bible.  Extra biblical sources are extra biblical and so often, are the opinions that accompany them.

Are you going to ignore the references to women in ministry in the Book of Acts? (and there are more then what I actually posted)

My guess is that you will either ignore them or try to explain them away.

The Bible is my source for truth.

Sevenseas wrote: I am addressing your claim that the differences between men and women are so extreme that women have no say in anything spiritual, ie their domain is physical only.

I never made any such "claim." This is slander.

Regarding the women who served in the early Church, yes they did. But not in positions of called ministry. When Priscilla spoke of the Gospel, it says she did it in her home, not in the assembly of the congregation; not as an elder of the Church, but as a believer. More power to her. But I sincerely doubt if she ever baptized anyone, or offered any of the other sacraments. No one in authority would have allowed it.

And you still haven't answered my questions.

What The LORD God Ordains

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:

that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16

Remains Ordained

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions,

and your old men shall dream dreams: Acts 2:17

As I Read It

And on my servants and on my handmaidens

I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:18

~

Are you going to ignore the references to women in ministry in the Book of Acts? (and there are more then what I actually posted)

My guess is that you will either ignore them or try to explain them away.

The Bible is my source for truth.

:thumbsup:

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free,

there is neither male nor female:

for ye are all one

in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26-28

Amen

She openeth her mouth with wisdom;

and in her tongue is the law of kindness. Proverbs 31:26

And Amen~!

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard,

they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. Acts 18:26

Sevenseas wrote: I am addressing your claim that the differences between men and women are so extreme that women have no say in anything spiritual, ie their domain is physical only.

I never made any such "claim." This is slander.

Regarding the women who served in the early Church, yes they did. But not in positions of called ministry. When Priscilla spoke of the Gospel, it says she did it in her home, not in the assembly of the congregation; not as an elder of the Church, but as a believer. More power to her. But I sincerely doubt if she ever baptized anyone, or offered any of the other sacraments. No one in authority would have allowed it.

And you still haven't answered my questions.

Ok, so I guess you are going with option 2...

Slander?  LOL!...how do you slander someone in a forum where people are anonymous?

I don't take things too serious when a person insists on having their 'questions' answered while ignoring what the other posts.  Your questions have been

answered.  I directly responded to this:

One of the primary reasons why the world has been descending into chaos is that men have imposed their will over the ministry of the womb, and women have imposed their will over the ministry of the Spirit. The Prince of this World, IMHO, is the author of this confusion, because he seeks to pervert and corrupt everything that God has established. God gave each sex a role with its unique mission, and we would all get along much better, and each be more personally fulfilled, if we would stick to our God-given purposes for which each sex was created.

and especially this:

Kindly read Fresno Joe's post above with special attention to the quote from the book of Acts.  It is 100% contrary to what you have posted

regarding the Holy Spirit

You can't make this stuff up.

Because my discussion with Sevenseas seems to be generating more heat than light, I'm ending my part of it here. I'll repost my questions and statements about offices of authority established in the Church:

Why did Jesus not call a single woman to be an Apostle or Seventy? Why, likewise, did the Apostles not call a single woman to ministerial office? People who say that we now should do this should provide a plausible reason why the Lord and his chosen Apostles did not do this. Were they sexist? Were they afraid of public opinion? Until someone can provide a convincing answer to these questions, it seems mighty presumptuous to go contrary to the example and pattern set by our Lord. The Lord continually rebuked the Pharisees for presumptiously adding their own teachings to the Law of Moses. Beware of making the same mistake.

And I will repeat: this has nothing to do with whether women witness their faith to others. I repeat, more power to them for doing so. Prophesying and manifesting spiritual gifts? No problem.

But the question remains whether or not Jesus and the Father established men only in offices of authority in the Church and Tabernacle, or both men and women. Each one of us will have to decide for themselves this issue. And the Lord will reveal his will about our judgment of this matter when he returns, and provide rewards accordingly.

Regarding the quote above, posted by FresnoJoe, where Jesus said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:" -- Jesus here was speaking to his 11 Apostles, which he had ordained to ministry.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/07/1956

It is all very simple.. man, if God has called you to preach, to pastor, to lead, then do so unto Him, and Him alone. 

Woman, if God has called you to preach, to pastor, to lead, the do so unto Him, and Him alone.

He will take care of you as you follow Him, and obviously, you will never please all of mankind.  Obey God.  He is the One we will all answer to face to face.

Be blessed!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Hi Jae, the Holy Spirit says in the scriptures that women are not to teach/lead over men. Men and women are equal but have different offices. Both men and women are a witness to Christ to the lost world and can share the gospel with both men and women alike, but when it comes to teaching within the body that is not their role. I'm not the one saying this the bible says this for itself , how can one come up with something different unless they go the way of jeroboam and devise otherwise out of their own heart?