• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

BTW,"Zealot",IMO....was an interesting read

It really is.  I wouldn't recommend it to shake one's faith, only to reinforce it.  If evidence, history, archaology etc. doesn't support your beliefs (not debating whether they do or don't), and you still believe, you have strong faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jerry....

LOL,I would not suggest it for the babe in Christ,as a mature Christian I really do not endorse any extra curricular reading outside the Word of God until they have a firm foundation(I am sure you know what I mean).............As faith does come by hearing the Word of God,and then your faith increases by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jerry ,I am even grateful for my faith as it is a gift from God & He has kept me strong.......but I searched for Him earnestly when I began seeing evidences pointing in a direction I did not expect................I don't think I even realized that in trying to pick apart Gods Word,I was hearing it & He was revealing Himself to me.

I was ready to sign off & then I noticed your reply,I really do enjoy talking with you,,,,you have always been polite & courteous and very interesting.I don't want to derail this thread so perhaps I will have the opportunity to share more experiences with you another time & vice a versa

Be Blessed,& until we meet again.......................                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

You've gone from saying "If X isn't falsifiable then it's troublesome" to "Embracing logic when trying to make sense of the world around you is good". I'm not sure how disagreeing with the former can be seen as disagreeing with the latter?

I didn't say "If X isn't falsifiable it's troublesome". In the case of prayer, this is something that is often something that takes up a lot of time and effort in one's life. I see a method for dealing with reality where one could be completely deluded and they would never know. There is always an "out" for when things don't go as expected. I understand that many people still embrace prayer, that's fine, but I'm explaining why I don't embrace it.

In the case of prayer, this is something that is often something that takes up a lot of time and effort in one's life

Nope not at all. To me it is a joy and a freedom to be able to talk to my creator 24/7.

No effort and all my time. (don't make the mistake that all prayer is on our knees, begging). "My every breath is a prayer".(Heidi Baker)

And that is why I have the faith to know my prayers will be answered, some like right away, and some like 15 years later. It's in His exquisite timing.

He keeps His promises, all of them, and they are all in the bible for us to read, those promises already fulfilled, and those yet to be. (just like the answers to our prayers).

You've gone from saying "If X isn't falsifiable then it's troublesome" to "Embracing logic when trying to make sense of the world around you is good". I'm not sure how disagreeing with the former can be seen as disagreeing with the latter?

I didn't say "If X isn't falsifiable it's troublesome". In the case of prayer, this is something that is often something that takes up a lot of time and effort in one's life. I see a method for dealing with reality where one could be completely deluded and they would never know. There is always an "out" for when things don't go as expected. I understand that many people still embrace prayer, that's fine, but I'm explaining why I don't embrace it.

In the case of prayer, this is something that is often something that takes up a lot of time and effort in one's life

Nope not at all. To me it is a joy and a freedom to be able to talk to my creator 24/7.

No effort and all my time. (don't make the mistake that all prayer is on our knees, begging). "My every breath is a prayer".(Heidi Baker)

And that is why I have the faith to know my prayers will be answered, some like right away, and some like 15 years later. It's in His exquisite timing.

He keeps His promises, all of them, and they are all in the bible for us to read, those promises already fulfilled, and those yet to be. (just like the answers to our prayers).

We can't prove Adam existed. Does that prove Jesus didn't die for his sin?

I think you should explain yourself a little better in your posts. They always leave me the impression that you are just fishing for answers with no real intention of discussing substance. Out of curiosity I went to a previous thread you started and didn't have to look far to see this pattern repeated over and over again.

Are those who view evolution as the best explanation of speciation destined for hell?

In your reading of the scripture, can I go there if I believe science has the best answers for what we see here in nature?

Does believing the evidence of evolution is the best explanation of speciation worthy of getting "cut down and burned"?

Can you explain why blood sacrifice is important to God? Why would He like to see things die by bleeding out?

first things first, did he like seing animals die, blleed and burn for him?

Would it have been worse if he would never see his Son again?

What do you consider simple? Are we to remain simple? Is not being "Simple" a bad thing?

How can competition to survive make a life form simpler - that's not logical?

...why would it be beyond the realm of possibilty to have something become more complex via gene change?

Well, I think you get the point. If you're really interested in a discussion, then maybe you should park and unpack your thoughts a bit rather than just shooting these drive-by questions. II Tim. 2:23, Titus 3:9

Hold the Fort,

Ehud

(P.S. Most of those questions you posed were thoughtfully answered by others on this forum, but their answers appeared to be largely overlooked)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings Friends..

Well,in reality we could present the facts about the  the non-existence of Santa Claus by going back into history & the sources of how this fabled person came to be,the origins of St Nicolas & Kris Kringle all mixed up into stories of St Nick to brighten childrens lives for a mythical evening of hope & expectation ... the tooth fairy & even false gods

During the Middle Ages, other superstitions arose surrounding children's teeth. In England, for example, children were instructed to burn their baby teeth in order to save the child from hardship in the afterlife. Children who didn't consign their baby teeth to the fire would spend eternity searching for them in the afterlife. The Vikings, it is said, paid children for their teeth. In the Norse culture, children's teeth and other articles belonging to children, were said to bring good luck in battle, and Scandinavian warriors hung children's teeth on a string around their necks.                                               wikapedia

Many mythologies & traditions of various cultures could truly be explained as to how they began ,where & what modern day traditions resuted from them(like Easter).....................don't you think?                                                                             Love,Kwik

Another slippery slope.  There is much history from the time of Jesus.  Reza Aslan does a great job of compiling it in his book "Zealot".  Basically what we are left with is no physical or historical evidence of a supernatural Jesus....only our faith.

Only our faith?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Of course we can prove it!

Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 

What more proof does a believer need?

You are on a slippery slope if you profess Jesus as your Savior and then disregard His Word. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings my Brother,Fez.....

Halleluyah!!!!!   I dunno how I missed that one ,Brother,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but that is truly all we need !!!!!!& Thank You Lord,,,,,,for increasing  "my faith",although the faith of a mustard seed could cast the mountain into the sea!!!!!  I am truly Blessed!!!!                           Love ya Fez,,,,,,Kwik

I think you should explain yourself a little better in your posts. They always leave me the impression that you are just fishing for answers with no real intention of discussing substance. Out of curiosity I went to a previous thread you started and didn't have to look far to see this pattern repeated over and over again.

Are those who view evolution as the best explanation of speciation destined for hell?

In your reading of the scripture, can I go there if I believe science has the best answers for what we see here in nature?

Does believing the evidence of evolution is the best explanation of speciation worthy of getting "cut down and burned"?

Can you explain why blood sacrifice is important to God? Why would He like to see things die by bleeding out?

first things first, did he like seing animals die, blleed and burn for him?

Would it have been worse if he would never see his Son again?

What do you consider simple? Are we to remain simple? Is not being "Simple" a bad thing?

How can competition to survive make a life form simpler - that's not logical?

...why would it be beyond the realm of possibilty to have something become more complex via gene change?

Well, I think you get the point. If you're really interested in a discussion, then maybe you should park and unpack your thoughts a bit rather than just shooting these drive-by questions. II Tim. 2:23, Titus 3:9

Hold the Fort,

Ehud

(P.S. Most of those questions you posed were thoughtfully answered by others on this forum, but their answers appeared to be largely overlooked)

Is there a problem with asking a question and leaving the floor open?  Seems too often that people want to ask questions but not listen. 

Is there a problem with asking a question and leaving the floor open.... 

Seems too often that people want to ask questions....

:thumbsup:

Jerry, Leading Questions,

Attempting to Implant One's Desired Answer Into The Reader's Mind

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:10-12

Can Be Very Helpful

Or Just An Abomination To The LORD

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19

Don't You Think?