OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

from TheBlaze:"Despite its popular presence in evangelical theology, some Christian scholars can’t help but wonder whether the rapture — the proposed theological event that says believers will be taken up to heaven by Jesus before the Earth’s final destruction — is actually rooted in scripture."While proponents claim that the Bible backs the mass disappearance, others say that its advocates are confusing and misreading scripture to conjure up a phenomenon that simply isn’t in the cards."And as the rapture debate forges on, the popular end-times theory is serving as the basis for Hollywood thrillers like 'The Remaining,' released earlier this month, and 'Left Behind,' which hits theaters Oct. 3. With these feature films emerging, it’s no surprise that the book of Revelation and biblical prophecy are gaining extra attention of late ..."http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/29/is-the-rapture-really-biblical-theologians-battle-over-end-times-prophecy/

To me, the issue has never been if the rapture is real, but rather the timing of the rapture. There is enough scripture to support the rapture such as 1 thess4, 1 cor 15, john 14, and others.

The timing is not as easy to figure. It requires wisdom, prayer, research, and an open mind. And even still, you might not figure it out.

I have changed my thinking several times on this subject. Today I believe the rapture is occurring right after the 6th seal is opened and is described in rev 7 very completely. For your benefit, I do place this BEFORE Daniels 70th week week begins and before a peace treaty which I believe will occur after the ezekiel 38-39 war in which our God will kick some major booty that will cause such alarm, and ultimately usher in the antichrist to quiet things down.

I can give you more but that is all the time I have for now. Got to go to work. Later.

Spock out

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

from TheBlaze:"Despite its popular presence in evangelical theology, some Christian scholars can’t help but wonder whether the rapture — the proposed theological event that says believers will be taken up to heaven by Jesus before the Earth’s final destruction — is actually rooted in scripture."While proponents claim that the Bible backs the mass disappearance, others say that its advocates are confusing and misreading scripture to conjure up a phenomenon that simply isn’t in the cards."And as the rapture debate forges on, the popular end-times theory is serving as the basis for Hollywood thrillers like 'The Remaining,' released earlier this month, and 'Left Behind,' which hits theaters Oct. 3. With these feature films emerging, it’s no surprise that the book of Revelation and biblical prophecy are gaining extra attention of late ..."http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/29/is-the-rapture-really-biblical-theologians-battle-over-end-times-prophecy/

To me, the issue has never been if the rapture is real, but rather the timing of the rapture. There is enough scripture to support the rapture such as 1 thess4, 1 cor 15, john 14, and others.

The timing is not as easy to figure. It requires wisdom, prayer, research, and an open mind. And even still, you might not figure it out.

I have changed my thinking several times on this subject. Today I believe the rapture is occurring right after the 6th seal is opened and is described in rev 7 very completely. For your benefit, I do place this BEFORE Daniels 70th week week begins and before a peace treaty which I believe will occur after the ezekiel 38-39 war in which our God will kick some major booty that will cause such alarm, and ultimately usher in the antichrist to quiet things down.

I can give you more but that is all the time I have for now. Got to go to work. Later.

Spock out

I go with the time line Jesus left us with in the three gospels, and when He said He will gather the elect, considering He is the Son of God I'm guessing He will be a bit more reliable than bible teachers of the last 100 years

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Spock out

I go with the time line Jesus left us with in the three gospels, and when He said He will gather the elect, considering He is the Son of God I'm guessing He will be a bit more reliable than bible teachers of the last 100 years

Lol. Yes he is, but don't discard my words here too quickly. My name is Paul if that means anything to you. :)