• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from TheBlaze:

"Despite its popular presence in evangelical theology, some Christian scholars can’t help but wonder whether the rapture — the proposed theological event that says believers will be taken up to heaven by Jesus before the Earth’s final destruction — is actually rooted in scripture.

"While proponents claim that the Bible backs the mass disappearance, others say that its advocates are confusing and misreading scripture to conjure up a phenomenon that simply isn’t in the cards.

"And as the rapture debate forges on, the popular end-times theory is serving as the basis for Hollywood thrillers like 'The Remaining,' released earlier this month, and 'Left Behind,' which hits theaters Oct. 3. With these feature films emerging, it’s no surprise that the book of Revelation and biblical prophecy are gaining extra attention of late ..."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/29/is-the-rapture-really-biblical-theologians-battle-over-end-times-prophecy/

Guest Fraudfinder

from TheBlaze:

"Despite its popular presence in evangelical theology, some Christian scholars can’t help but wonder whether the rapture — the proposed theological event that says believers will be taken up to heaven by Jesus before the Earth’s final destruction — is actually rooted in scripture.

"While proponents claim that the Bible backs the mass disappearance, others say that its advocates are confusing and misreading scripture to conjure up a phenomenon that simply isn’t in the cards.

"And as the rapture debate forges on, the popular end-times theory is serving as the basis for Hollywood thrillers like 'The Remaining,' released earlier this month, and 'Left Behind,' which hits theaters Oct. 3. With these feature films emerging, it’s no surprise that the book of Revelation and biblical prophecy are gaining extra attention of late ..."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/29/is-the-rapture-really-biblical-theologians-battle-over-end-times-prophecy/

Hi, the short answer is NO. I understand there are many who will disagree for there are a couple of versus in the New Testament that misled some and I would prefer not to quote them because this is a delicate theme to some. We ALL will be going through the end of times scenario. So get prepared if you are not ready!

The short answer is YES. It is biblican and there are many threads which list scriptures to support it. Some people may want to go through the Tribulation, but you won't. You still need to be ready though, otherwise you will go through the Trib. It's not salvational, so I guess that it is all based on whether you trust scripture or what you have been taught to believe. And that goes both ways.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

The best answer, IMHO, is to just be ready as Christ instructed us to be.  Then it doesn't matter.  Pray, and don't get entangled in the affairs of the world.   Understand who the false prophet is and what he does (image of the beast) and it'll take care of itself.  Way too much strife and dissension is stirred up by this issue which I consider more on the periphery.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If there isn't a pre trib rapture, keep in mind that the story is still the same, except that we all get "Left Behind".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

The simple answer plainly is No, lol , cause no matter if one makes it a long answer or a short one, one still will end up with those two letter words! :)

Guest Fraudfinder

The simple answer plainly is No, lol , cause no matter if one makes it a long answer or a short one, one still will end up with those two letter words! :)

I agree with you brother...... 

Rapture Doctrine invented by John Darby in 1830 AD - prior to this no one and I mean NO ONE ever spoke of a pre-tribulation. This is one area from many that Christians LOVE to argue about.

Edited by Fraudfinder

Guest Fraudfinder

The best answer, IMHO, is to just be ready as Christ instructed us to be.  Then it doesn't matter.  Pray, and don't get entangled in the affairs of the world.   Understand who the false prophet is and what he does (image of the beast) and it'll take care of itself.  Way too much strife and dissension is stirred up by this issue which I consider more on the periphery.

Exactly! We are to be watching......staying awake as instructed by our Lord. And it does not matter..... why? God will protect his children from destruction IF they can hear God. I wonder if anyone has started a thread about this subject .... How to hear God? 

I do NOT want any of my brothers or sisters to stumble in their faith. We are all here to learn, including myself! Whether there will be a pre- tribulation or not really does not matter.... does it? Instead of looking for something in the future, look at today and fight your daily battles against ALL temptations and do your best to live a sinless life. We are a holy people.  

God bless you.

Edited by Fraudfinder

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Exactly! We are to be watching......staying awake as instructed by our Lord. And it does not matter..... why? God will protect his children from destruction IF they can hear God. I wonder if anyone has started a thread about this subject .... How to hear God? 

Two verses on hearing HIS voice.
Joh 8:47  He who is of God hears God's Words. Therefore you do not hear them because you are not of God. 
Joh 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 

Guest Fraudfinder

Two verses on hearing HIS voice.
Joh 8:47  He who is of God hears God's Words. Therefore you do not hear them because you are not of God. 
Joh 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 

Hi! You are right BUT how many people understand those verses? Is God's voice audible that you hear his voice with your ears? No

Some say they can feel him......VERY true but that does mean they can HEAR God. So....... how can those who do not understand hear God?