• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1993

I'm a christian, I believe in God but have trouble getting close and praising Jesus. Almost as if I keep forgetting about Him. As bad as that sounds and yes I'm ashamed to call myself a christian for that matter..I just need a good start on how to know Jesus and building a relationship with him?

Read you Bible every day. Preferably at the same time and in the same place. If you don't have time to read, listen. And either before or after, thank the Lord for the opportunity to learn about Him. Something like "Thank you Lord for this opportunity to learn something about You today. Amen." It doesn't have to be long, you are just acknowledging Him as Lord. The more you do it, the more faithful you are to it, the easier it will be. And the better you will feel about yourself.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I like to Read Matthew beginning with Chapter 5. There Jesus preaches about the sermon on the mount which gives great insight on Jesus's perception and ways of thinking. Also just keep in prayer and talking to him, trust he will respond and listen for him. God bless!

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Jesus loves us all and if we believe in him I  think we should be considered Christians.   Some Christians read the bible more, some less, some pray all the time and some not so much.  All of us can probably improve in some area regarding Christianity.  Yet, we are all in this together as Christians.  All the best to you. :clap:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Vanessa,

A very good question & one that is basic to all our lives. Now you said -

[quote]`.I just need a good start on how to know Jesus and building a relationship with him?`

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  8

There is only one way to get closer to God. 

Forgive everyone, then ask for forgiveness, and then pray. Reading your Bible is useless unless you genuinely want to. Praying is useless unless you are genuine (and forgive everyone first, and ask for forgiveness first). He understands that our hearts are wickedly deceitful. If you find that your prayers are not genuine, make sure to ask him to make you genuine. Only He can do it. Ask Him to make you pleasing to Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  2

Read matthew, read a chapter per day, or more per day. But at the moment you realize that you are not trying to remember it, stop reading.
Don't try to get ahead, don't try to clean up your life before trying to get closer. If you really want to get closer to J, he will help you with it.

God wanted people to remember the 7th day(saturday) of the week. Because he chose that day for us to remember him. This is his grand mark.

This does not mean that God wants to force you to his church, but that you recognize him especially on that day. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Almost as if I keep forgetting about Him. As bad as that sounds and yes I'm ashamed to call myself a christian for that matter..I just need a good start on how to know Jesus and building a relationship with him?

Who or what do you love? Our time and goals reflect this. Ashamed of being a christian? Please explain.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

same as with anyone, by spending more time with Him.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Remember brother that Jesus is God in the flesh.  God became a  man came to this earth and died on the cross for your sins. His blood covered your sins so we could  live with Him forever in Heaven. 

And as other said get into His word, get some good praise and worship music and just let Jesus touch every area of your life.  He will do it I promise.

Because He Lives!!! Rustyangel