IGNORED

Son addicted to 'pot'?

Guest countrygal65

Guest countrygal65

I have a 14 year old son who recently started hanging out with a 'rough' crowd about a year ago. I tried to make him stop hanging out with such bad kids and come socialize with kids at the church youth group, but he refused. One night he came home and reeked of 'weed pot'. I immediately made him empty his pockets and I was horrified to find a baggy of the illegal substance. I immediately grounded him and I have been bringing him to church and made him join the youth group but nothing seemed to help. One day about two weeks ago I got home from work. I walked inside to find my son passed out in the living room floor with a glass pipe near by, full of the illegal 'grass'. This time, I had had enough. I called the local church and got the number to a nearby detox center. It is a christian oriented one, so I thought that was great. He starts on Wednesday, but I am very worried. I can see a total change in his demeanor. He is much more angry now, and he has even began to curse, and become physical at times. I am worried that the 'weed tokes' have somehow frazzled his brain. I come here for prayer, and advice of what else I can do when he gets home from the detox center? How can I use Jesus to solve this terrible issue? I fear that my son is addicted ):

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

He needs lots of support when he gets out.  May I recommend Narcotics Anonymous?  It is a twelve step group that is God centered.  The meetings and the support he gets will be very valuable for him.  I doubt weather anything has happened to his brain.  I think the rough crowd probably has influenced his demeanor instead.  He is very young and I also suggest counseling for him to help him to live a better life.  You have done all the right things so far.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Hi Countrygal!

My heart aches for you. I am praying. Addiction in any form is evil,and the lasting effects on family are unending. It sounds like you are doing everything that can be done from the outside. Continue to pray for him; however know that other than God changing your son it is entirely up to him to make the needed change. There are lots of detox programs. I pray your son comes around. God bless.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Praying for your situation. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

praying

Guest Teditis

A Detox center might be a good start... also consider that they don't

give drugs away for free... how is a youth paying for this?

Regardless....

~ Praying.

Sometimes our children need some tough love to get them to take a hard look at what they have to look forward to if they want to live that type of lifestyle. Maybe a call to the police will force your son to see that you are serious about their welfare and will not be tolerant of such activities as they are contrary to your walk with GOD. He will undoubtedly be very angry with you for "snitching" on him, but you are not his friend - you are his parents. He will eventually get over it. So, if "Rehab" doesn't work, don't continue to cover for your son but let him suffer the consequences of his actions. And, forcing him to attend church when he doesn't want to is probably the worst thing you could do at this stage in his life. If he is a Christian, he already understands what the Lord requires of him but has chosen to put himself first right now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Our sons's best friend's brother also did this, but the mood changes seemed to be from withdrawal from harder drugs that the family refused to believe were involved. They chose the route of tough love, kicking him out of the house when he refused to comply and repeatedly turned back to drugs. It was many very hard years during which he dropped out of school, married, divorsed, moved to another state, and eventually returned.

He is now clean and has come back to the Lord. Our son says that the biggest reason he did not go that route is that he saw the torment the guy put his family through. He said he couldn't do that to us. The family are strong godly christians. Our son's friend became a youth pastor. God is faithful. He does answer prayer.

Is your husband there to support you emotionally and to join you in prayer?

I weep with you, and join you in prayer for your son.

Willa

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings countrygal....

Welcome to Worthy.....of course I will be happy to pray for you & your son and that is really what it takes,our Lord........his heart needs to be convicted as only our Lord can do,,,,Let us pray that our Heavenly Father draws him unto Himself that He will hunger & thirst for the only thing that will ever fulfill him,Jesus Christ...................may He find that love & acceptance that he is seeking by the Power of the Holy Spirit and come to the foot of the cross,may he have a heart of flesh ready to receive our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus!

I know you are doing all you know how to do,let us also pray the Lords Divine Intervention.......unless one wants to be delivered,wants to be free from the bondages of drugs or alcohol,,,,there is little a person can do,,,,,,,,,,,,,but with God all things are possible!!!!!Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,my son is now 35yrs old,,,,a Christian,a good husband & wonderful father of 2 beautiful baby girls,,,,he is a good man.Once upon a time when he was 15 & 16 yrs old I went through that familiar story,,,,,,I knew that I planted all the right seeds in the boy & I also knew that I could no longer keep him from the evil temptations in the world or outside influences but I never stopped trusting God.......I was not worried,I had Peace & Comfort because I simply relinquished all responsibility to our Father,I committed him to our Lords most Capable Hands....I asked,believed,let go & let God................"if God is for us,who could be against us?"    Our Father very gladly took over & took care of His precious child,,,,,,,,trust in the foundation you have laid down,Gods Word,His Promises........give Him all Praise & Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik