Sevenseas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

well you know, there was a thread started that has been locked and I don't want to discuss the contents of it

however, I did ask the op about the avatar they choose ... I had my reasons

I was told the avatar was of the lead female singer of a band called 'paramore'

uh huh...which band I googled... this band does not want to be identified as a Christian band and two members of that band

left that band BECAUSE of their faith...say what?

Paramore’s former guitarist, Josh Farro, recently revealed how his Christian faith led him and his brother, Zac, to depart from the band in December last year.

Paramore, formed in 2004, generally dismisses being categorized as a Christian band, but Farro recently stated that the band’s roots are Christian. Unfortunately, the band decided to record some compromising songs for their album Brand New Eyes.

Farro told Common Revolt, a music website, this week, “Paramore claimed to be a Christian band, and then wrote those lyrics. It contradicts your faith.”

He was speaking about the lyrics to the song “Careful,” which include “the truth never set me free, so I did it myself.”  find the rest here

The other thread is locked, which I think is fine BTW, but I wanted to clairify the info on that band...just because

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Speaking of avatars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,too cute Sis,I always love your horsey pics!!!!!Another one for my collection,thank you!

I don't know anything about your OP or about the band and who is in it,I don't listen to the radio,,,,only on rare occasion so I wouldn't know one secular band from the other.................there was a time I new every popular song,who performed them and everything that was current.......that was a long time ago,my life is very different from then......I much prefer my ignorant bliss

With love,kwik 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the information on that band. Defiantly showed a bad influence in the persons life.

Speaking of avatars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,too cute Sis,I always love your horsey pics!!!!!Another one for my collection,thank you!

I don't know anything about your OP or about the band and who is in it,I don't listen to the radio,,,,only on rare occasion so I wouldn't know one secular band from the other.................there was a time I new every popular song,who performed them and everything that was current.......that was a long time ago,my life is very different from then......I much prefer my ignorant bliss

With love,kwik 

yeah...I grabbed that pic quick ...kwik?  

I knew nothing about the band either until I questionned the avie...there was a time I knew all the songs too...by the opening notes..well sometimes bars haha

this particular band supposedly is not Christian per se, but the members are supposed to be....straddling the fence so to speak...

I mostly listen to instrumental these days....stuff you can work too....I can be terribly distracted by music;  it can be a real influence as I am sure you know

Thanks for the information on that band. Defiantly showed a bad influence in the persons life.

well, I know what you are saying, but my theory is that what we listen to, watch etc, speaks of our inner life and we are feeding it

but this band would not be a good influence IMO...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1998

I'm aware of the lyrics. I only listen to a select few songs of theirs that are feel good and promote moral standards and values, but Hayley herself is Christian. She's said it many times in interviews, has song many Christian songs, and even ad libs some of her own versus to include Christian allusions and references. One of her live renditions of her song, "Let the flames begin", has the ad lib "Father, father, protect me, Jesus, save us" etc etc. Song was written when she was at a low point in her life, sorta like what I'm dealing with now.

Examples are their songs that are very clean (I can understand the skepticisim in the song "Careful") are "Hate To See Your Heart Break" and "All I Wanted"

Hate to see your heart break goes without saying -- people don't like to see you broken hearted, and that you have a lot to live for. Don't dwell on past mistakes but look to the future. The other band's song, "All I wanted" is basically talking about Hayley trying to live for the world, but how it ended up ruining her. She then realized all she ever really wanted was God but instead, she had the world fill the void that God should inherently have.

Well, since you are responding, you did call them a Christian band, yet by their own admission, they are not.

I'm not telling what you should listen to...you didn't ask that.

I am taking exception to the fact that your refer to them as Christian when their message, according to two members who left, is often not Christian.

I don't know if you make that distinction or not, but the band members made it.

In terms of infusing her faith into her songs, Williams indicated that she avoided that.

There was also the matter of faith. Farro suggests Williams has undergone a spiritual drift away from Christianity. Many of the lyrics on Brand New Eyes "were really negative and we didn't agree with [them]", he wrote. "For example, 'The truth never set me free', which contradicts what the Bible says in John 8:32 ('And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free'). We fought her about how [Hayley's] lyrics misrepresented our band and what we stood for, but in the end she got her way

ps...these things occurred back in 2010, so its not like the band has surprised anyone

The ex member of the band emphasizes the drift away from Christianity

Again, you can listen to whatever you want to listen to, but I object to the label 'Christian' when no such thing is actually being represented by this band

---

My mistake. I know they were originally, but I guess they deviated. Again, a lot has changed since 2010 for the band and the ad libs I'm referring too happen on their tour in 2014, so there must have been a change somewhere. Anyway, thanks for the heads up I suppose

well, again, too many things pass for Christian these days that are not Christian

Compromise is not a good witness.......listen, I love music and have been a part of a couple of bands and lead singer and all that stuff...but only as a Christian and one

thing I would not do is compromise...which led to the break up of the last band...some years back

Its not about being famous or popular...its about the heart and hearing the Holy Spirit....

It is easier to go off course then it is to get back on course....I would not know that if I had never gone off course....there are many ways to do that, but at least for me,

music was never one of them

There are some really good Christian bands out there...you might try sampling some of them

There are some really good Christian bands out there...you might try sampling some of them

I know of Planet shakers, but that's about it. Do you know of any rocky-Christian bands? I tried searching for some earlier, but it's hard to tell if they are really Christian or not. Like you said, society passes a lot of things as Christian these days when they really aren't.