Coffeespiller87

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

Hey has anyone heard anything negative or is there concern over this devotional. My pastors wife told me to look it up she said its not good. and I am confused about it because the lady in charge of the childrens ministries read a little out of it at our womens retreat. Wouldn't the too ladies who are in charge at the retreat shouldnt they be in agreement over materials or books used during teaching. We did use the Bible first and foremost she had just read a tiny potion of it one time. It was after the retreat 2 monday after I found out that Janet does not like that devotional book and she is learly of anyone claiming they verbally heard from God

I guess she based her book of a book she read called God calling where 2 listeners wrote down what they heard from other wordly entities. I am confused by that

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, you need to stay away from that book.  Sarah Young claims that she talks directly to Jesus.   God speaks to us through His Word, not by direct revelation.

If Jesus is speaking to her and she is writing what Jesus has told her, it would put those on the same level of authority as Scripture. 

Here is a good review that explains it better.   http://steakandabible.com/2012/07/04/is-deception-calling-a-review-of-jesus-calling-by-sarah-young/

Thanks Shiloh. You know I read your link and I also looked it up and found other articles saying the same problems. I did that because I know people will always find problems with each author or pastor so I didnt just want to rely on one article but they are saying the same problems so I am going to stay away from this author and her works. I dont want to be influenced by false teaching. Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I checked on her a couple of years ago. From what I recall she was doing something like automatic writing which is quite bad. It is something out of spiritualism (not a good thing) where you let entities take over your hand as you write. Bad stuff. 

I wonder if she believes what she is selling or if she is knowing its wrong and doing it anyways. So is she considered a false teacher then?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, she is a false teacher.
As Shiloh has mentioned, she considers God to be speaking with her directly, putting her words on par with the Bibles...  She does keep a “pen in her hand” to pen down what this god of hers tells her, lining up with some of the automatic writing Ayin mentioned.
Her inspiration was inspired for her devotional after she read an older occult book called “god Calling.” That book was based on two ladies that also received direct messages from “jesus.” Also putting their words in the same authority as the Bible. NEVER.

I've seen many versions in the stores of the so called devotional, the thing has literally been $marketed$ to everybody...
Jesus Calling for kids, , JC for teens, JC for Adults, JC for Grandma, on and on...
Then there's the “Jesus Calling devotional Bible, where “her” messages that she “received” for jesus are in it that she received while "meditating" on him....

When God speaks today, His primary avenue is the Bible.
On the rare occasion he may speak to us individually, what is spoken will line up with the the primary avenue again, the Bible in context 100% of the time.
If it does not, it was not from him but from the angel of light, Satan.

2Co 11:13-15
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I actually purchased this book and wondered myself, if it lined up with scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Proverbs 30: 5-6 ................. "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

It is an interesting question as to what rational basis do we have for declaring the protestant canon the genuine word of God?   .....  And how does one go about not conforming to the world, but being transformed by the renewing of one's mind and finding peace.

Guest shiloh357

If the Bible doesn't have a back cover, if we think God is still sending revelation, what's to stop anyone from making the claim that they heard from Jesus.  If Jesus is revealing new stuff that isn't really in the Bible on what basis do we test this new revelation?  How would we know that such a person is really hearing from God?

This stuff is just an attempt by the enemy to get our eyes off of the Bible.