Verses that blew your mind

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet."

"Remember Lot's wife"

"And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

So often we look at the God of the OT and the God of the NT and see a very different picture. One sermon the topic was lies. Using scripture from Acts in the NT we saw that God killed people for telling what we would call a white lie. That is a lie that didn't really harm anyone. This was under the new covenant! Really makes one think about their integrity.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

So often we look at the God of the OT and the God of the NT and see a very different picture. One sermon the topic was lies. Using scripture from Acts in the NT we saw that God killed people for telling what we would call a white lie. That is a lie that didn't really harm anyone. This was under the new covenant! Really makes one think about their integrity.

Lies are lies. Look at Revelation 21:8.

You can't really say God is wrong: He's way wiser.

Lies are lies. Look at Revelation 21:8.

You can't really say God is wrong: He's way wiser.

What???? What on earth is the point of the last sentence? Or do you need to more carefully read what I wrote. I never said they were ok

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings another_poster

I am sorry,I mean no offense but I don't understand what you are saying either? Who's integrity do you feel is questionable & by "lies that harm no one",what does that imply? I am a little confused,sometimes it can be difficult to understand one another by how we write or how we read,,,,,,,,

When I read your statement that the portrayal of the God of the OT & the God of the NT paints a different picture I was thrown for a loop,,,,,He is the same God yesterday,today & forever more.......I see the same Loving,Forgiving,Merciful,Compassionate & Gracious Father throughout the entire Bible? Are you saying God has not always been the Wonderful God He is?The Messiah had not yet come to bring man back into reconciliation & yet God accepted their Faith in His seed to come..............that is quite Gracious,Glory to God!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings another_poster

I am sorry,I mean no offense but I don't understand what you are saying either? Who's integrity do you feel is questionable & by "lies that harm no one",what does that imply? I am a little confused,sometimes it can be difficult to understand one another by how we write or how we read,,,,,,,,

When I read your statement that the portrayal of the God of the OT & the God of the NT paints a different picture I was thrown for a loop,,,,,He is the same God yesterday,today & forever more.......I see the same Loving,Forgiving,Merciful,Compassionate & Gracious Father throughout the entire Bible? Are you saying God has not always been the Wonderful God He is?The Messiah had not yet come to bring man back into reconciliation & yet God accepted their Faith in His seed to come..............that is quite Gracious,Glory to God!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

The conclusions you try and draw from so little make me wonder if you over think things too much. Many look at stories of God in the OT and then in the NT and see a big difference. In the OT God seems to do a lot more intervening and wiping out people. In the NT he seems more inclined to sit back and let things play out with a bit of intervention. So some conclude that God does actually pass instant judgement on people but rather waits. 

As to the white lies bit I was explaining what they are by putting the they don't harm anybody. Many seem to think they aren't as bad. The passage in Acts though really blows that out of the water. It indicates how seriously God takes these things.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Another_Poster

I was genuinely interested in what you were attempting to say,that all.......

The conclusions you try and draw from so little make me wonder if you over think things too much

God Bless you,,,,,,,and have a glorious weekend(thats how much I think about these things)                    Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Kwik never  over thinks anything.  She knows the truth and she speaks the truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

And you will know we are Christians by our love.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Perhaps I was under thinking because I read it 3 time and still remained confused.  Kwik merely mentioned that sometimes thoughts from a person's brains do not always seem so clear once applied to text.  I did manage to get the thrust of the thought in later posts.  

An honest enough question another_poster, it just needed a bit of clarification.  GBU