SUS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Well, you know, the flip side of that coin Machabeus, would be that I have seen many many times where scripture is most definately referenced

and the responder either ignores it or tells the poster that it does not mean what it very plainly does in fact mean.

Note, that I am not referencing you personally, I don't even really know what your 'beliefs' are.

However, when people cite this book or that book or the elders or the pope, I could not disagree more.  They are not proof of anything anymore then if a person

simply stated 'I disagree."

The Bible itself is Special Revelation... understanding through the Holy Spirit it is therefore the same.

So you're you're wrong again...

I'm really really not taking sides here, but I would like to point out that the Bible is also history and simple recorded facts.

Now if we want to examine the life of Paul the Apsotle, we can state that he came to know Christ through special revelation...for that matter, that was also the case

concerning Peter  when Peter responded this way ' And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.' when Jesus asked him

who he thought He was.

We actually have a book that can be read and we need the Holy Spirit to properly understand it.

On the other hand, we cannot accept continuing revelation.  God's will has been revealed through His Son who continues to speak to us today both

by the Holy Spirit, to fulfill the scriptures and by His word.  There is no new revelation of Jesus Christ...many many evil doctrines have been spun using

that very premise so we need to be on guard against both deception and the continuing attack against the truth given once for all which is attacked over

and over by seducing demons and demons teaching 'doctrines of demons' through gullible and mistaken human beings who have left their guard down

and mistakenly assumed they could not be fooled because they were/are a believer

Alot more could be said...just a brief synopsis

Guest Judas Machabeus

Well, you know, the flip side of that coin Machabeus, would be that I have seen many many times where scripture is most definately referenced

and the responder either ignores it or tells the poster that it does not mean what it very plainly does in fact mean.

Note, that I am not referencing you personally, I don't even really know what your 'beliefs' are.

However, when people cite this book or that book or the elders or the pope, I could not disagree more. They are not proof of anything anymore then if a person

simply stated 'I disagree."

I have no problem people disagreeing. But for someone to be so prideful that they claim someone wrong and that's it. End of conversation I have a problem with that.

I know I have been less than charitable in some threads and have allowed myself to get sucked into the no your wrong back and forth. I simply choose not to engage those members anymore.

A couple times I've stepped away from that type of thread and started a new asking my question. And there was very positive back and forth. But it was approached with educating in mind. The thread I am thinking of; I came away understanding the other person point of view. I didn't agree with their conclusion, nor did they mine but that is fine.

I know that quoting any source that is not the bible will be completely dismissed here. I know that, I don't adhere to sola scriptura but I know that the general membership does. So I agree with you that quoting a pope or council or elder will not be received well here.

Every point I have discussed I have used just scripture to support my postion.

Well ok.   I am kind of impatient with people who state another is wrong and then walk off also.

I know that quoting any source that is not the bible will be completely dismissed here. I know that, I don't adhere to sola scriptura but I know that the general membership does. So I agree with you that quoting a pope or council or elder will not be received well here. 

Well I wouldn't just dismiss everything there.  However, I will not accept extra Biblical sources as prevalent OVER scripture.  I will also state that everyone does not

at all have the same conclusions regarding what scritpure itself does in fact say.

And that, even though the Bible says it is not open to private interpretation,  But there yah go...

Well ok then...thanks!

Guest Judas Machabeus

Well ok. I am kind of impatient with people who state another is wrong and then walk off also.

Well I wouldn't just dismiss everything there. However, I will not accept extra Biblical sources as prevalent OVER scripture. I will also state that everyone does not

at all have the same conclusions regarding what scritpure itself does in fact say.

And that, even though the Bible says it is not open to private interpretation, But there yah go...

Well ok then...thanks!

Lol I don't think I will blow up the thread by pointing out that protestanism is a result of private interpretation

Edited by Judas Machabeus

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Lol I don't think I will blow up the thread by pointing out that protestanism is a result of private interpretation .

I've started reading the about the Church Fathers and what they believed and preached. The claim by the reformers ( I might be over simplying) was that the Church had become corrupted. If that's so than logically there should be a time when it wasn't.

Private interpretation? It was the first time people were able to read scripture for themselves, being led and taught by the Holy Spirit. It was then that eyes became opened to what was happening in the established church.

Point is, not everything we use to describe an event in scripture has the same words they used when they penned scripture. You will not find many words we use today being used 2000+ years ago.

Well ok. I am kind of impatient with people who state another is wrong and then walk off also.

Well I wouldn't just dismiss everything there. However, I will not accept extra Biblical sources as prevalent OVER scripture. I will also state that everyone does not

And that, even though the Bible says it is not open to private interpretation, But there yah go...

Well ok then...thanks!

Lol I don't think I will blow up the thread by pointing out that protestanism is a result of private interpretation .

I've started reading the about the Church Fathers and what they believed and preached. The claim by the reformers ( I might be over simplying) was that the Church had become corrupted. If that's so than logically there should be a time when it wasn't.

Will I blow it up my mentionning that most of the first Christians were Jewish?

dunno...u tell me.....

its like when people say how wonderful the first church must have been...I used to think so too...but then it dawned on me that most of the NT was written

to refute bad doctrine and downright heresy

The church is an interesting place...the more it changes the more it stays the same

Which is why it is the best thing that God knows our hearts

Lol....

I don't think....

I will blow up the thread....

by pointing out that protestanism is....

a result of private....

interpretation....

Lol....

I don't think....

I will blow up the thread....

by pointing out that protestanism is....

a result of private....

interpretation....

:thumbsup:

A

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. John 4:22

Private

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

Interpretation Or Beloved, Is It?

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

And Believers Have Papa

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:9-10

Too

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

~

You Are So Amazing And Thanks For The Vote

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written,

That man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

Of Your Confidence

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Beloved

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

~

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Trinity is just what we call biblical doctrine.  Although we can't word search trinity anywhere in the bible.  We know it represents the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit who we refer to as God.