Dating Situation

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello again. I have a question regarding the "dibs" concept during pre-dating. I am interested in a girl at my college whom I have slowly started to get to know better in order to pursue a relationship with her. Unfortunately, I am new to dating and a situation I had never considered has arisen. Another person I know is also working towards pursuing her. This "rival" for lack of a better word is more than an acquaintance, but not quite a friend. We watch football on Sundays together and are on good terms, but that is it. He has expressed to me that he is interested in the same girl that I am (he doesn't know of my interest though). Would it be rude for me now to continue pursuing this girl knowing that he has expressed interest, or is it perfectly acceptable for me to continue since him and I are not all that close? If I did continue to pursue her, should I at least let him know of my interest in her as well? Thoughts please.
(This may be a stupid question, but I tend to look out for others feelings more than my own because I like to treat others with the respect that I would wish to be given).

For clarification, I in no way see her as a prize or a possession for "dibs," I just didn't know how better to express the situation. 

Update: My "rival" is out of the picture now (not by anything of my doing, just worked out that way). I guess I'll cautiously move forward from there.

Edited by Augustus McCrae

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,169
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Augustus......    I've been married for 44 years......    She, if she becomes your life-mate, is a prize...  if she is a good life-mate, she is a prize beyond your present comprehension...    and you should treat her that way.   If you are considering her as a life-mate, she should be the most important thing in your life....   once your wife she is to be treated as Jesus treats the church.

There are no "dibs" on that.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I second other on that. Let her choose, it maybe she doesn't even like either of you-or one of you. Won't know unless you try. If your buddy hasn't made any moves on her, and/or she's turned down any moves then I see no reason why you shouldn't pursue her if you feel its right. And like always-pray about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I agree with what has been posted.

Show her you are interested...ask her out for coffee or whatever and get to know her better

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Augustus McCrae

Welcome to Worthy................Hmmm,it's hard to answer a "guy" question as far as whether or not you should tell the other fellow,I would think in a mans mind that could promote some kind of competition or on the other hand,maybe he would "back off" IDK 

I do know,if it were me,I would have said"hey,I happen to be interested in that person".......I am always pretty up front with people because I wouldn't want to be pretentious........I think the guys could give you better advice on this.......

I do agree with what the men have told you and I can pray for you and ask that Gods Will be done,in Jesus Name 

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

I think you should wait for Gods answer and continue to pray about it.... She may not be the one the Lord would have you be with. Don't let your heart run away with you.... pray and seek God about it first, He is never wrong

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Little bit of an update. My "rival" is out of the picture now (not by anything of my doing, just worked out that way). I guess I'll cautiously move forward from there.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,169
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

maybe Gods working things out..