Burning_Ember

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

If people start shooting protesters, that will make things get really big. Imagine for a moment if Kent State happened today, when all the social media and ability to rapidly organize activists exists.

Well the protestors if the protestors start damaging people's property and businesses, they deserve what they get.  No one would blame anyone for defending their property in any way they needed to. 

Besides, you really can't compare this to Kent State. Completely different context.

I'm not comparing this to Kent State.

I'm saying if something like Kent State happened, or a lot of people started getting shot/killed.

I've been keeping track as best I can how well and quickly people have been organizing on this issue, and if a lot of people start getting shot/killed, that will be spread across social media in minutes at most.

Regardless of your opinion on it the subject, that WILL stir up LOTS of trouble in Ferguson and maybe even in cities across the country, and that PR battle will be won by the protesters, plain and simple. No opposing organization has anything close to the apparatus the protesters have at this point.

Guest shiloh357

If people start shooting protesters, that will make things get really big. Imagine for a moment if Kent State happened today, when all the social media and ability to rapidly organize activists exists.

Well the protestors if the protestors start damaging people's property and businesses, they deserve what they get.  No one would blame anyone for defending their property in any way they needed to. 

Besides, you really can't compare this to Kent State. Completely different context.

I'm saying if something like Kent State happened, or a lot of people started getting shot/killed.

I've been keeping track as best I can how well and quickly people have been organizing on this issue, and if a lot of people start getting shot/killed, that will be spread across social media in minutes at most.

Regardless of your opinion on it the subject, that WILL stir up LOTS of trouble in Ferguson and maybe even in cities across the country, and that PR battle will be won by the protesters, plain and simple. No opposing organization has anything close to the apparatus the protesters have at this point.

Well as long as the protesters don't start damaging property like they did before, they have nothing to worry about.  But if they start damaging property and the property owners fight back with whatever means at their disposal,  up to and including the use of firearms, the protesters will get exactly what they deserve.  

Well as long as the protesters don't start damaging property like they did before, they have nothing to worry about.  But if they start damaging property and the property owners fight back with whatever means at their disposal,  up to and including the use of firearms, the protesters will get exactly what they deserve.  

You might want to think a little bit more about what the consequences of that would be. One person was shot and killed in Ferguson. If a few dozen people get shot, that's not just going to escalate things locally, but nationally.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Baited thread ... almost an exact equal to the theories behind the "Violence breaks out in Jerusalem over mosque closure" thread.  One party attacks, another protects and responds, the attacker is overwhelmed and greater damage occurs.  The only difference in the subject.

Guest shiloh357

You might want to think a little bit more about what the consequences of that would be. One person was shot and killed in Ferguson. If a few dozen people get shot, that's not just going to escalate things locally, but nationally.

Yeah, maybe the protesters need to think about the consequences before they decide to loot and damage other people's property.  The people who need to think about consequences are the ones who make the mistake of thinking that people are just going to sit idly by while someone trashes their property.

I can promise you that if I was a business or homeowner and of those morons decided to loot or damage my property, they are going to need a doctor or coroner.

Guest shiloh357

The people just need to accept the facts as they are.  This was not a race motivated shooting, the policeman was acting in self-defense, Michael Brown had MJ in his system and may have been under the influence at that time and in an irrational state of mind.   He did not get shot in the back like the eyewitnesses claim and had just committed a violent act of robbery minutes before the incident with Wilson.

Race has nothing to do with what happened.  There is no reason to indict Wilson.  the people need to just buck up and accept the evidence and get on with their lives.  No one needs to get hurt.

The protesters won't accept that. Since that's the case, you might want to think about how the rest of the nation, and the rest of the world is going to react if a lot of people start getting hurt.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Most liberals can't connect those dots. It is, however, true.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Baited thread ... almost an exact equal to the theories behind the "Violence breaks out in Jerusalem over mosque closure" thread.  One party attacks, another protects and responds, the attacker is overwhelmed and greater damage occurs.  The only difference in the subject.

Far too true

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58