Summer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the replies. I know it seems an old topic. But any advice is good. I have a young son who has talked of maybe getting a tattoo when he's older. All i can do is advise the best way in a non-judgemental way. The tattoo i had many years ago has been half lasered away , i never got to complete treatment at the time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

It is a lifestyle and a profession but as christians we should be seperate from it

Careful you are not guilty of  passing judgment on others. You can not look at someone with a tattoo and judge them not to be a Christian because of it. Anymore then I can look at someone without a tattoo and judge them as being a Christian.

I believe it is a sin to get a tattoo. 

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:  I am the Lord.  Leviticus 19:28

You can have a very good person that does things that are not right.  You can have a very loving and caring person who commits sin.  Examples like that are not the least bit convincing to me concerning the right or wrong of tattoos.  I personally believe that tattoos are demonically inspired.  Satan hates mankind, as they were created in the image of God, so he seeks to get people to pervert that image by covering their body with ink.  It is amazing how a person will begin with one tattoo, and then start covering their whole body with additional tattoos.  Some call it body art, but I call it graffiti on the temple of God.  I believe it defiles a person, and I believe God revealed this to you Summer.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.  There is no way I would ever consider getting a tattoo. 

Do you eat shall fish? just wondering.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:  I am the Lord.  Leviticus 19:28

You can have a very good person that does things that are not right.  You can have a very loving and caring person who commits sin.  Examples like that are not the least bit convincing to me concerning the right or wrong of tattoos.  I personally believe that tattoos are demonically inspired.  Satan hates mankind, as they were created in the image of God, so he seeks to get people to pervert that image by covering their body with ink.  It is amazing how a person will begin with one tattoo, and then start covering their whole body with additional tattoos.  Some call it body art, but I call it graffiti on the temple of God.  I believe it defiles a person, and I believe God revealed this to you Summer.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.  There is no way I would ever consider getting a tattoo. 

~

Pristine

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind:

thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed:

neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee. Leviticus 19:19

On The Outside

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres,

which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Matthew 23:27

:thumbsup:

Yes

Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. Romans 14:1

It Is Almost Funny To Watch One Bacon Eater

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature;

because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth;

for man looketh on the outward appearance,

but the LORD looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

Saved By Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith;

and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8

Point To Another Bacon (And Snake?) Eater

Where is boasting then? It is excluded.

By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Romans 3:27

As Unclean

Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.

But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.

But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. Acts 11:6-10

Knowing That All The Demons (And Tattoos) In The World

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

Can't Stop Jesus

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Ladykay, shell fish? No, i'm not keen at all on the texture so i do stay away and won't even try them. I've tried prawns but still not quite used to the texture of them either. Curious as to why you ask ?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Apparently, a great number of Christian Copts living in Egypt have tattoos (mainly Christian imagery such as crucifixes and the like) but they are not on obviously visible parts such as the face. They're usually on the upper arms or the back and can be covered by normal clothes.

It may sound like iconry or idolatry but they claim the reason they do it is to distinguish themselves from Muslims who have persecuted them for centuries. The tattoos are a symbol of their faith and an outwardly declaration of their love for Jesus.

BTW, I myself have no tattoos but I once had piercings. If you get close enough to my face you can see the remains of the holes that have healed up.

On a lighter note, if you ever have your lip pierced, get a stud not a huge bull ring like I had - you can't close your mouth with a tight seal and every time you drink something it dribbles down your face!

Guest shiloh357

It should be pointed out that the prohibition on tattoos in Leviticus was only given to the priests.  The ancient pagan priests tattooed images of their pagan gods on their bodies as part of their worship of those gods.   God was commanding priests not to follow that pagan custom. No one other than priests, for the most part, got tattoos in ancient times, so it was not a general prohibition to the nation, but a specific prohibition to the priests in regard to their worship practices.

The prohibition doesn't extend to some guy tattooing his girlfriend's name on his arm.    Its like the commandment not to make graven images.  It had to do with the images of gods, not a prohibition against statues.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have pierced ears.  I also know the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal loving, forgiving Savior!

I just don't understand that way of thinking. I don't understand how some of us Christians  can pick choice what  Old Testament laws out of Leviticus to follow  and what once not to follow. It seems to me almost like if you personally do not like something, you find some law in the Old Testament to support your dislike and turn that dislike into a sin. Is there anyone here among us to follows every law written in the Old Testament? Like not eating shell fish, or rare stakes and not eating bacon? Back on the subject of people getting tattoos. Some people do tattoo their whole bodies. But not everyone who gets a tattoo does that. I have known many of people who stop at one, and never get another one. You say you would never consider getting a tattoo. Then don't get one. I'm not getting one because I don't like needles and I am not ready for the  life long comment of a tattoo. Anyway if I was going to make people feel like tattoos are a sin based on Old Testament law. Then I feel I would need to make darn sure that I am following every law written in the Old Testament. Including the ones that tell me what I can and can not eat. Like shell fish.

We never seem to agree on things. But that is what keeps it interesting.