• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings justfaith...

Your first question I am not sure what you are referring to when you asked "OT or NT?"I did refer to 4 Scripture verses and I did not post any,,,sorry

King James Bible
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places                                      Ephesians 6:12
.Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.     Ephesians 6:11

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;                                                                                Matthew 5:44

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?                                                  Romans *:31

All the above verses are found in the NT

The second question you asked if I believe there are people that will never repent ,no matter how much we pray for them and of course there are,,,justfaith,that is not our call.....and we are not to judge,we cannot know what a person is or is not going to do,we do not even know if God will even call them out.....we are simply told to pray,,,,,,           Love-Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Many christians believe that it is a sin to pray that God destroy their enemies or in other word to kill them 

I am of the view there are times when you must pray against your enemies that God will destroy them from the face of the earth or get them sick etc 

What sayesth Thou Worthy ?

:thumbsup:

Better To Have A Living Brother

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

Than A Dead Enemy

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45

Amen Joe. 

George wrote a devotional sometime ago. 

I wont quote all of it but here are the main points. 

When God said Nineveh was wicked, he wasn't kidding. Nineveh was the capital of Assyria, the most powerful empire in the world in that day.

The Assyrians had a reputation for cruelty that is hard for us to fathom. 

We ought to remember this context when we consider God's command to Jonah, and the prophet's response.

Suppose God spoke to you today, "Go and preach against the city of Mosul!"

Think you might respond, "Ahem God – they're terrorists!

Let's nuke 'em; send 'em right where they belong!"

But the heart of God is merciful. He wants to bring people to repentance so He can forgive, rather than bring judgement.

He desires to save…even the most wicked and hardened individuals!

Do you have an "Assyrian" in your life? Someone truly worthy of your hatred?

Rather than pray for him, you'd be glad for him to meet God face to face today?

Our Heavenly Father rebuked Jonah the prophet for his own hardness of heart and lack of compassion.

So the story of Jonah is about the heart of God, who desires all men to be saved.

He wants us to have the same heart.

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Jesus taught us to Love.

We do not serve a God who reacts to our wants of revenge or insecurity, who answers our prayers for death and illness on others!

Who is Jesus to you? Who do you profess Him to be in your life?

What is the bible to you? What does it mean in your life? 

And some advice, you are never going to engage in an active debate if all you do is answer every post to you with another question.

Please answer my two easily answered questions, and try to be direct in your answers.

Guest shiloh357

And what about the Christians who are being crucified, beheaded, literally cut in half, being tortured and hunted down like animals over there in Iraq??   "Love" means leaving them to be the victims of ISIS?

Guest shiloh357

Many christians believe that it is a sin to pray that God destroy their enemies or in other word to kill them 

I am of the view there are times when you must pray against your enemies that God will destroy them from the face of the earth or get them sick etc 

What sayesth Thou Worthy ?

:thumbsup:

Better To Have A Living Brother

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

Than A Dead Enemy

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45

Amen Joe. 

George wrote a devotional sometime ago. 

I wont quote all of it but here are the main points. 

When God said Nineveh was wicked, he wasn't kidding. Nineveh was the capital of Assyria, the most powerful empire in the world in that day.

The Assyrians had a reputation for cruelty that is hard for us to fathom. 

We ought to remember this context when we consider God's command to Jonah, and the prophet's response.

Suppose God spoke to you today, "Go and preach against the city of Mosul!"

Think you might respond, "Ahem God – they're terrorists!

Let's nuke 'em; send 'em right where they belong!"

But the heart of God is merciful. He wants to bring people to repentance so He can forgive, rather than bring judgement.

He desires to save…even the most wicked and hardened individuals!

Do you have an "Assyrian" in your life? Someone truly worthy of your hatred?

Rather than pray for him, you'd be glad for him to meet God face to face today?

Our Heavenly Father rebuked Jonah the prophet for his own hardness of heart and lack of compassion.

So the story of Jonah is about the heart of God, who desires all men to be saved.

He wants us to have the same heart.

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved

One of the biggest mistakes we make when it comes to handling the Bible is to take non-doctrinal texts, like the Jonah story and make doctrines out of them.   This leads to all kinds of problems, theologically.

The situation we have with ISIS for example is not even remotely similar to the story of Jonah and to apply this story in a way that delegitimizes a military response to the inherent threat that ISIS poses all over the world is a grave error. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I say thou art wrong!

Matthew 5

43 ¶ You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."

44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,

45 so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on thegood, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?

47 And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?

48 Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

I think I see how our population drops to 69 million....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And what about the Christians who are being crucified, beheaded, literally cut in half, being tortured and hunted down like animals over there in Iraq??   "Love" means leaving them to be the victims of ISIS?

We pray for God's will to be done, and seeing as though we don't know what His will is in this regard, we leave the "vengeance" (you know the scripture), to Him.

Guest shiloh357

We pray for God's will to be done, and seeing as though we don't know what His will is in this regard, we leave the "vengeance" (you know the scripture), to Him.

Yeah, as long as we pray, we feel better, even if it doesn't really help the Christians in Iraq.

If someone was threatening your wife, would you help her, or stand by and pray that God's will be done in that situation??  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus taught us to Love.

We do not serve a God who reacts to our wants of revenge or insecurity, who answers our prayers for death and illness on others!

Who is Jesus to you? Who do you profess Him to be in your life?

What is the bible to you? What does it mean in your life? 

And some advice, you are never going to engage in an active debate if all you do is answer every post to you with another question.

Please answer my two easily answered questions, and try to be direct in your answers.

Please explain this verse if what thou sayesth is true ?

Luke 18 King James Version (KJV)

18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

And what about the Christians who are being crucified, beheaded, literally cut in half, being tortured and hunted down like animals over there in Iraq??   "Love" means leaving them to be the 

i think not 

i always wonder what is the purpose of the pslams