• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Hi Enoch2021,

We seem to be making a little progress. Now just a couple of things to clear up.

Different symbols for different details.

Horses & chariots & horses are different symbols – close, but different. (detail, detail, detail)

- Like branch & root. (Zech. 6: 12 & Rev. 22: 16)

- Like jasper & sardius. (Rev. 4: 3)

- Like morning star & sun of righteousness. (Rev. 22: 16 & Mal. 4: 2)

- Like stone & rock. (Dan. 2: 34 & Deut. 32: 4)

Etc, etc, etc.

Chariots sent forth for Judgment.

`See, those who go towards the north country have given rest to My spirit in the north country.` (Zech. 6: 8)

Why was God`s spirit previously not at rest? Because He was `exceedingly angry` with the nations.

`I am exceedingly angry with the nations...` (Zech. 1: 15)

`qatsaph,` Heb. word meaning anger, wrath....

Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

As regards the `red horses & chariots,` I see that God shows us `red, black, white, & grisled.`  Then when He sends them out we are shown `black, white, grisled & ....strong horses & chariots. Thus to me God is showing that these red horses are strong horses for the big job.  

Marilyn.

========================================================================================================

Horses & chariots & horses are different symbols – close, but different. (detail, detail, detail)

- Like branch & root. (Zech. 6: 12 & Rev. 22: 16)

- Like jasper & sardius. (Rev. 4: 3)

- Like morning star & sun of righteousness. (Rev. 22: 16 & Mal. 4: 2)

- Like stone & rock. (Dan. 2: 34 & Deut. 32: 4)

Detail, Detail, Detail, eh?

What is your point?

A Branch is the necessary extension/culmination of the root.

A Jasper and Sardius are both Gems.

Stars and Suns are the same.

Stone and Rock are the same.

This has nothing whatsoever to with your attempt here.... "Just like the Holy Spirit is referred to as – a dove, fire, water, etc & our Lord as – a lion, a lamb, a bird, a branch, jewels etc. different symbols to bring out a different aspect. (purpose of God...)"

a dove is neither fire and water... and vice versa.

a lion is neither a lamb, a bird, a branch, or jewels.

1.  `See, those who go towards the north country have given rest to My spirit in the north country.` (Zech. 6: 8)

Why was God`s spirit previously not at rest? Because He was `exceedingly angry` with the nations.

2.  Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

(Zechariah 1:12-16) " Then the angel of the LORD answered and said, O LORD of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?  {13} And the LORD answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.  {14} So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.  {15} And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.  {16} Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem."

(Zechariah 6:8) "Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country."

So the Black and White Horses go TOWARD the North Country have quieted his spirit.

A.  What Reason or Warrant do you have to connect Zech 1:15 and Zech 6:8, pray tell?

B. Please show the North Country anywhere in the First Chapter of Zechariah....?

C. Please show "A War" "BATTLE" in the North Country in Zech 6.....?

D.  Please show in the Zech 1:12-16 above, where the LORD is "exceedingly angry" with the Nations?  And show these Specific Nations....?  

Per the passages in Zech Chapter 1, it looks like the LORD has had "Indignation" with the city of Jerusalem and the cities of Judah for 70 years------> Babylon Captivity.  But The LORD is sore displeased with the heathen (most likely Babylonians) that he used to exercise his judgement..... (because the Jews didn't recognize the Sabbatical Years for 490 years so GOD pronounced a Judgement of Captivity for 70 years)..... but he was only a little displeased with the Jews, but is sore displeased with the heathen (Babylonians as above) because they are @ ease.  Looks like the Babylonians had the "Fat Cat" lay back and enjoy syndrome.

Then Verse 16 appears to be talking about bringing the Jews Back from Babylon and rebuilding the city.----(We Know Cyrus let the Jews go).  Ballpark?  :thumbsup:   Tell me then, How on Earth are you connecting this with Chapter 6 and where is this WAR in the North Country? 

Then pull out a map and look @ Jerusalem and Babylon.  What direction is Babylon from Jerusalem?

2.  Marilyn, what are you talking about?  Show a "Judgement" in the North Country?  What Nations....be specific?  What North Quarter of the Earth...Be specific?  Where's the "Other" Judgments?

As regards the `red horses & chariots,` I see that God shows us `red, black, white, & grisled.`  Then when He sends them out we are shown `black, white, grisled & ....strong horses & chariots. Thus to me God is showing that these red horses are strong horses for the big job

Marilyn....

You have Horses/Chariots:  RED, BLACK, WHITE, GRISLED and BAY Horses:

(Zechariah 6:2-3) "In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;  {3} And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses."

What Big Job?

You said there was "A War" "Battle" "Judgement" in the North Country....that would mean you send the Bay Horses "Strong Horses" (which you "erroneously" conflate with the Red Horses)

But it was the Black and White Horses that went into the NORTH COUNTRY.....

(Zechariah 6:6) "The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country."

Marilyn...to say the this is a "hot mess" is a Colossal Understatement.  Notwithstanding, as I said in the beginning..... when you undertook this mission;  Many Many Bible Scholars have spent Months/Years @ the Medicine Cabinet over Zechariah.

Please take your time and be as Precise as Possible.

regards

• Group:  Royal Member

From another thread this topic has arisen & I thought it would be good to explore & discuss.

Here were my initial thoughts from the other thread as a starting point.

`Now I lifted up my eyes again & looked, & behold, four chariots were coming forth from between the two mountains; & the mountains were bronze mountains. With the first chariot were red horses, with the second chariot black horses, with the third chariot strong dappled horses.

Then I spoke & said to the angel who was speaking with me, "What are these, my lord?" And the angel answered & said to me, "These are the four spirits of heaven, going forth after standing before the Lord of all the earth, with one of which the black horses are going forth to the north country; & the white ones go forth after them, while the dappled ones go forth to the south country.

When the strong ones went out, they were eager to go to patrol the earth" And he said, "Go, patrol the earth." So they patrolled the earth. Then he cried out to me & spoke to me saying, "See, those who are going to the land of the north have appeased My wrath in the land of the north. ` (Zech. 6: 1 - 8)

Here we see God sending out these spirits to operate in the predominant powers of the earth. God is bringing them to judgment. We see these same spirits in Daniel 7. Daniel sees these spirits as `winds,` however the Hebrew word - `ruwach` is the same for spirits/winds. And in Daniel we see these predominant powers, from an earthly perspective, coming up one at a time, but still operating at the same time.

How wonderful that we can see from scripture, I believe, what God is doing in our present world bringing these great powers to judgment.

Who & what do you think God is telling us are the 4 spirits / winds of heaven?`

Marilyn.

======================================================================================================================================

I thought I'd go back to the OP, so we (I) don't head off the rails.

I have major issues with your postulates here.  You don't need to answer these now, you have enough to do with the previous post.  I want to have this just for Housekeeping/Record and to keep my thoughts straight...

When the strong ones went out, they were eager to go to patrol the earth" And he said, "Go, patrol the earth." So they patrolled the earth. Then he cried out to me & spoke to me saying, "See, those who are going to the land of the north have appeased My wrath in the land of the north. ` (Zech. 6: 1 - 8)

This isn't Zech 6:1-8, this is....

(Zechariah 6:1-8) "And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.  {2} In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;  {3} And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.  {4} Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?  {5} And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.  {6} The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.  {7} And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.  {8} Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country."

1. When the strong ones went out, they were eager to go to patrol the earth" And he said, "Go, patrol the earth." So they patrolled the earth. Then he cried out to me & spoke to me saying, "See, those who are going to the land of the north have appeased My wrath in the land of the north. ` (Zech. 6: 1 - 8)

2.  Here we see God sending out these spirits to operate in the predominant powers of the earth.

3.  God is bringing them to judgment. We see these same spirits in Daniel 7. Daniel sees these spirits as `winds,` however the Hebrew word - `ruwach` is the same for spirits/winds.

4.  And in Daniel we see these predominant powers, from an earthly perspective, coming up one at a time, but still operating at the same time.

1.  The Strong Ones went out, they were eager to patrol the Earth?  You have mentioned that the "Strong Ones" are the Bay Horses and their Mission is War and specifically to execute GOD'S Judgement in the North Country; But, The Ones dispatched to the North Country were the Black and White Horses.  

2. Define/Describe/Explain "Operate In"; How are these spirits "Operating In" the predominant powers of the Earth; And, Please Identify Specifically each of these Powers of the Earth and When??

3. GOD is bringing "WHO" to Judgement, Specifically?

4. Pertaining to Daniel Chapter 7.  What do you mean by: "we see these predominant powers, from an earthly perspective" ?

So you're saying the 4 Beasts of Daniel 7 (1. Winged Lion, 2. Bear with three Ribs in it's Mouth, 3. Leopard four Wings/four Heads, 4. Dreadful and Terrible Beast) are operating @ the same time?

Please Identify the Scripture(s) that leads you to this conclusion.....?

Then, how do you reconcile this passage?? ....

(Daniel 7:23-24) "Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.  {24} And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings."

A. To be the Fourth Kingdom upon the Earth....Inherently Denotes 3 Kingdoms Before IT.  ( 1. Winged Lion, 2. Bear with three Ribs in it's Mouth, 3. Leopard four Wings/four Heads).

B.  How can the other 3 Kingdoms be on the Earth @ the same time as the Fourth Beast, when it says: and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces ??  It doesn't say, Tread Down any One or All of the other 3 Kingdoms....it says it will tread down the Earth.

It's mucho-strango to go into such great detail with the description of the other three beasts (Kingdoms) then "under your scenario"..... when the Fourth Kingdom devours and treads down the Whole Earth and break it in pieces, not a PEEP concerning the other 3 Kingdoms ??

You may disregard this post, for now.

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  274
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,329
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Enoch2021,

You have certainly made a mess of our discussion with your constant `cutting & pasting` & not paying attention. I`m sure people would have trouble following any of this which really is not edifying as to lift up the Lord & His purposes. And these I have written about in the general context earlier on.

We need to keep in mind to `strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.`(2 Tim. 2: 14)

I`ll give you some examples of this.

1. Symbols.

I said -

`Horses & chariots & horses are different symbols – close, but different......
- Like morning star & sun of righteousness. (Rev. 22: 16 & Mal. 4: 2)`

You said -

`Stars and Suns are the same.`

You completely disregarded the point I was showing, that God uses symbols for different purposes. Some are similar but different in some aspect to bring out some detail of His purpose.

2. Chariots & Horses for Judgment.

Again you are misquoting me.

I said –

`Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

Now you said that I said -

` You said there was "A War" "Battle" "Judgement" in the North Country...` You have mentioned that the "Strong Ones" are the Bay Horses and their Mission is War..

You are deliberately adding to what I say to bring confusion & striving of words.

3. Judgment.

I said -

`Bay Horses (Heb. `amots`) go throughout the earth.
Bay - `amots,` a strong colour, ie. red, & `amats` courage, strong.`

You said -

` You have mentioned that the "Strong Ones" are the Bay Horses and their Mission is War and specifically to execute GOD'S Judgement in the North Country; But, The Ones dispatched to the North Country were the Black and White Horses.`

For us to have a reasonable discussion, Enoch, we need to pay more attention to what the other person is actually saying. Also it`s good to address a few details at a time & not just bombard the other with a long list of questions. I do like to chat with you but this type of discussion is not fruitful to anyone.

Hope this matter can be addressed, yours, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

Hi Enoch2021,

You have certainly made a mess of our discussion with your constant `cutting & pasting` & not paying attention. I`m sure people would have trouble following any of this which really is not edifying as to lift up the Lord & His purposes. And these I have written about in the general context earlier on.

We need to keep in mind to `strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.`(2 Tim. 2: 14)

1. Symbols.

I said -

You said -

You completely disregarded the point I was showing, that God uses symbols for different purposes. Some are similar but different in some aspect to bring out some detail of His purpose.

I said –

`Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

` You said there was "A War" "Battle" "Judgement" in the North Country...` You have mentioned that the "Strong Ones" are the Bay Horses and their Mission is War..

You are deliberately adding to what I say to bring confusion & striving of words.

3. Judgment.

I said -

You said -

` You have mentioned that the "Strong Ones" are the Bay Horses and their Mission is War and specifically to execute GOD'S Judgement in the North Country; But, The Ones dispatched to the North Country were the Black and White Horses.`

For us to have a reasonable discussion, Enoch, we need to pay more attention to what the other person is actually saying. Also it`s good to address a few details at a time & not just bombard the other with a long list of questions. I do like to chat with you but this type of discussion is not fruitful to anyone.

An accurate and concise assessment from my perspective as well.  I don't find that style of "discussion" to be meaningful or constructive nor is it one I wish to engage in.  The obfuscation only makes it difficult to glean the gems that might be there.

Hi Enoch2021,

1. Symbols.

I said -

You said -

I said –

3. Judgment.

I said -

You said -

=============================================================================================================================

So as a result of your "Hot Mess" time to lash out, eh?  As mentioned, many many times when reason and support are gone....The "Last Port in the Storm" Scenario:  Conjured Slights/Insults,  Diversions, Personal Attacks, and this from Science and Faith Thread (Countless Times)....."this is not edifying to the Body Of Christ".

I can't tell you how many times that's been used.  Of course, it comes from the self same ones that proffer: evolution into the Bible, Big Bang into the Bible, Billions of Years into the Bible et al.  And then when Challenged to SUPPORT their nonsense either Scientifically or Biblically..... they can't, because they're fairytales.  But all hope is not lost....time to attack; Ergo....Engage -----> the"Last Port in The Storm" scenario.

I didn't disregard it...I just wanted you to clarify what you were implying against "the rather obvious"----->GOD uses symbols.  Your contrast wasn't a contrast of like vs like as shown.  No need for all the drama.  And you still haven't explained it.

Is that so?  And deliberately, eh?  So you have divined my intent?  Can you please elucidate the technique you've employed to arrive @ this charge, Marilyn?

Let's take a look....

Marilyn ......`Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

Enoch 2021....` You said there was "A War" "Battle" "Judgement" in the North Country...` You have mentioned that the "Strong Ones" are the Bay Horses and their Mission is War.

First of all Marilyn, I didn't "Mis-Quote" you.  My statement here was a summation of your thoughts and position... it wasn't in "Quotes" as coming from YOU.  To "Mis-Quote" you, I would have had to take what you said, Change it, then----------------> "Quote It" (as in a Quote Box) as coming from you.  So your Baseless claim is Frivolous and Erroneous. 

Moreover, I put "A War" "Battle" and "Judgement" because that's exactly what your position is and that you said (Not just here in the Green, Marilyn) but a summation.  As Evidenced by....

Marilyn...

`See, those who go towards the north country have given rest to My spirit in the north country.` (Zech. 6: 8)

Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

***  As regards the `red horses & chariots,` I see that God shows us `red, black, white, & grisled.`  Then when He sends them out we are shown `black, white, grisled & ....strong horses & chariots. Thus to me God is showing that these red horses are strong horses for the big job.

AND *** Can you please reconcile this convoluted mess?

Furthermore, I have asked you in the past, to STOP "Quote Mining" Scripture; of which this is: `I am exceedingly angry with the nations...` (Zech. 1: 15)  Of Which, you connected with  

this (Another "Quote Mine"):  `See, those who go towards the north country have given rest to My spirit in the north country.` (Zech. 6: 8) to then conflate a "War" or "Battle"in the North Country Marilyn.

I hope this matter can be addressed.

Then I asked you to Reconcile this with the CONTEXT of both Passages, respectively.....but you can't (Because they're "Quote Mined") And I explained this in some detail with an Exegesis of Zechariah 1:12-16 (Post # 46).   This then led to this "Last Port in The Storm" Post!

Yes you did say that in Post #43.

The you said this Marilyn in Post #45...  Thus God sends the chariots (symbol of war) to bring judgment upon the nations. We see the first of these judgments in the northern quarter of the earth. The other judgments were to come.

And what I find quite puzzling is that, in the midst of your charges barrage....you never offered the clarification of what "your" position on these matters, actually is.  So Marilyn, Please Show concisely and specifically so as to clear matters up: 

The War.....?

The Judgement......?

The Nations, specifically......?

Where in the North Quarter, Specifically.....?

And Which Chariots/Horses.....? 

The other Judgments....?

Now as I said THRICE now, Zechariah is quite challenging with all the visions and have sent Bible Scholars to the Medicine Cabinet.  If I have misconstrued what you were attempting to say or portray....IT WASN'T INTENTIONAL, Marilyn.   So please stop jumping to conclusions and Clearly Support what you are saying.

So please, go ahead and clear these matters up.

regards

An accurate and concise assessment from my perspective as well.  I don't find that style of "discussion" to be meaningful or constructive nor is it one I wish to engage in.  The obfuscation only makes it difficult to glean the gems that might be there.

Thanks for the "ambiguous" Color Commentary.

What "obfuscation" might that be, pray tell?

Hi Last Daze,

I`m glad that you see that approach as difficult also. Now it seems that Enoch doesn`t realise how he comes over so I will try & show him. If we can`t seem to discuss properly then what is the point of going round in circles.

Marilyn.

Hi Enoch2021,

I`m glad that we both are not intentionally trying to derail out discussion. However that does suggest that we are having communication difficulties. You think you are clear in what you say & I also think I am plain with what I say. So let me show you how you often come over to me. For example –

`Please say `yes or no.` Do you still kick the cat? If I say `yes,` then I still kick the cat. If I say `no,` then I don`t kick the cat but I used to. However what if I never kicked the cat? You would know there are some questions as regards how they are put, infer something that may not be there.`

So how does this relate to our discussions. Well as you have said you have asked thrice –
The Judgment... The nations, specifically...Where in the North Quarter, specifically...And which chariots/horses...the other judgments....

The answer to those as you well know are not in Zechariah, but in other parts of God`s word. You have lost sight of the reason God wrote His word & specific books. As I said at the beginning of this thread, God`s word is to reveal Jesus to us. Each book has some aspect of Christ`s ministry as `King, Heir, Mediator & Deity.`

The book of Zechariah is written to reveal Christ as the KingPriest – the priest upon His throne. This was not known to Israel but a wonderful revelation. Somebody would be worthy to minister to God for man (Priest) & then also to minister to the people for God. (King) There is much detail of Christ`s coming to earth & how He was treated. Then also His glorious return & His kingdom through Israel. Thus the judgments of the nation`s only get a short overview.

In Zech. Ch. 1 we see that God has `indignation` against the nations & was `sore displeased` with them. Then in ch. 2 we see that God is not only about to deal with the nations in Zechariah`s time but also all `that touch you touch the apple of His eye.` (v.8) So there is the time of Israel`s captivity by the nations in Zechariah`s time & then down through history till just before the Lord comes, `for, lo, I come, & I will dwell in the midst of you, says the Lord.` (Zech. 2: 10) Ch. 3 shows us that this all will be accomplished by God`s `spirit.` (Zech. 4: 6)

The next three chapters lead up to the time of the Lord coming to rule. (Zech. 6: 13 - `the priest on His throne.`) They are a short overview, Enoch & the details are in other parts of God`s word.

Does that bring any clarification for you as to how I see some of your questions? Marilyn.

PS. You may like to show me how I come across to you & suggest ways to help in our discussing.

Edited by Marilyn C

===========================================================================================================================

So let me show you how you often come over to me. For example –

Do you still kick the cat? If I say `yes,` then I still kick the cat. If I say `no,` then I don`t kick the cat but I used to. However what if I never kicked the cat? You would know there are some questions as regards how they are put, infer something that may not be there.`

This is a loaded question; It's a very Specific Fallacy (Complex Question Fallacy).  People don't "Come Over" or "come off" to anyone with this.  They either ask this type flat out or not. I have never asked you a single one, ever.

Please forgive me but I'm just about done playing these games.  All you've done is Divert, Divert, Divert and then Divert some more; Then make Frivolous Claims to my Character/Integrity...which is a screaming "Tell" for no position/argument whatsoever and speaks volumes.  Instead of taking "shots in the dark" attempting to "divine" my intent or conjuring any other ill-conceived slights....establish "your" position/present "your" case, Cogently and Concisely.  

You said, after I asked "you" to support your Baseless Assertions-----> That the Beasts of Daniel 7 were related to the four winds/spirits in heaven here in Zechariah...Creating an Entire Different Thread for the Matter and opening it up for discussion.... for "your" support,  which is beyond comprehension to me...

So, are you gonna SUPPORT your Baseless Assertion(s);  Yes or No?  If Yes, lets here it!  If No, that's fine also.

ps.

After you tell me I'm not paying attention, you state this...

In Zech. Ch. 1 we see that God has `indignation` against the nations & was `sore displeased` with them.

(Zechariah 1:12) "¶ Then the angel of the LORD answered and said, O LORD of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?"

Who does HE have "Indignation" with Marilyn....for 70 Years?

Hi Enoch2021,

I am truly sorry that you think I am `playing games, diverting, making frivolous claims to your character/integrity.` That would be quite hurtful & frustrating for you. As I said it seems we have a misunderstanding of each other`s way of communicating. Thus you can feel relieved & sit back while I just go on & post what I believe.

Yours in His service, Marilyn.

PS. Thank you for the correction of `indignation,` re: Zech. 1: 12 Jerusalem & Judah.

Edited by Marilyn C