• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

From another thread this topic has arisen & I thought it would be good to explore & discuss.

Here were my initial thoughts from the other thread as a starting point.

`Now I lifted up my eyes again & looked, & behold, four chariots were coming forth from between the two mountains; & the mountains were bronze mountains. With the first chariot were red horses, with the second chariot black horses, with the third chariot strong dappled horses.

Then I spoke & said to the angel who was speaking with me, "What are these, my lord?" And the angel answered & said to me, "These are the four spirits of heaven, going forth after standing before the Lord of all the earth, with one of which the black horses are going forth to the north country; & the white ones go forth after them, while the dappled ones go forth to the south country.

When the strong ones went out, they were eager to go to patrol the earth" And he said, "Go, patrol the earth." So they patrolled the earth. Then he cried out to me & spoke to me saying, "See, those who are going to the land of the north have appeased My wrath in the land of the north. ` (Zech. 6: 1 - 8)

Here we see God sending out these spirits to operate in the predominant powers of the earth. God is bringing them to judgment. We see these same spirits in Daniel 7. Daniel sees these spirits as `winds,` however the Hebrew word - `ruwach` is the same for spirits/winds. And in Daniel we see these predominant powers, from an earthly perspective, coming up one at a time, but still operating at the same time.

How wonderful that we can see from scripture, I believe, what God is doing in our present world bringing these great powers to judgment.

Who & what do you think God is telling us are the 4 spirits / winds of heaven?`

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

From another thread this topic has arisen & I thought it would be good to explore & discuss.

Here were my initial thoughts from the other thread as a starting point.

`Now I lifted up my eyes again & looked, & behold, four chariots were coming forth from between the two mountains; & the mountains were bronze mountains. With the first chariot were red horses, with the second chariot black horses, with the third chariot strong dappled horses.

Then I spoke & said to the angel who was speaking with me, "What are these, my lord?" And the angel answered & said to me, "These are the four spirits of heaven, going forth after standing before the Lord of all the earth, with one of which the black horses are going forth to the north country; & the white ones go forth after them, while the dappled ones go forth to the south country.

When the strong ones went out, they were eager to go to patrol the earth" And he said, "Go, patrol the earth." So they patrolled the earth. Then he cried out to me & spoke to me saying, "See, those who are going to the land of the north have appeased My wrath in the land of the north. ` (Zech. 6: 1 - 8)

Here we see God sending out these spirits to operate in the predominant powers of the earth. God is bringing them to judgment. We see these same spirits in Daniel 7. Daniel sees these spirits as `winds,` however the Hebrew word - `ruwach` is the same for spirits/winds. And in Daniel we see these predominant powers, from an earthly perspective, coming up one at a time, but still operating at the same time.

How wonderful that we can see from scripture, I believe, what God is doing in our present world bringing these great powers to judgment.

Who & what do you think God is telling us are the 4 spirits / winds of heaven?`

Marilyn.

==============================================================================================================

Of which, I retorted (Verbatim)....

"First, Identify and discuss (if applicable and most importantly the "OR NOT" ones) all the passages in Scripture that speak to the "four winds/spirits of heaven".

:whistling:    :sleep2:

The onus is on "you" to Show Clearly how this Supports "your" thesis.   Not Postulate "a theory" and then call for a meeting to have others come up with "your" Support.   :huh:  

Hi Enoch2021,

I think you forget we are on open forum where it is for all to discuss. Of course I will get to my thoughts. Just be patient & when you finish your snooze or return from your week end then there should be something.

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

Hi Enoch2021,

I think you forget we are on open forum where it is for all to discuss. Of course I will get to my thoughts. Just be patient & when you finish your snooze or return from your week end then there should be something.

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

==========================================================================================

I think you forget we are on open forum where it is for all to discuss.

Marilyn, I know this is an Open Forum for discussion.....that's not the Point.

"You" made a very specific claim "Your Theory" on another Thread.  All I did was ask "YOU" to Support "Your" claim....do you find this unreasonable?  (Most do these days)

You then said that you will open up another thread for this....which you have done.  When I clicked on this thread, I was fully expecting to see some Exegesis (from "you") of the passages speaking to "the four winds/spirits of Heaven".....(Of which there are a total of 10 Occurrences in Scripture).

But alas, what do I find..... A Town Hall Meeting on the subject for "your" Support.   :huh:

If I walk into a Courtroom of which this is (The Court of the Public Scrutiny) and I tell the Judge.... "John Doe is guilty of Robbing the Bank" then the Judge says, "very well, SUPPORT your case"

Then I say......"Hold on, I need to float it before a Focus Group first"

How long will it take for the Judge to instruct the Bailiff to charge me with contempt and throw me out on my neck for positing a frivolous claim and wasting his time......True or False? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Look, discuss/debate, but don't make it into a personal attack. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Galatians 5: v13,14,16

v13For you brethren, have been called to liberty, only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serving one another.

v14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word,even this: You shall love your neighbhor as yourself.

v16 I say then: Wlak in the spirit , and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Hi inchrist,

Thank you for your thoughts. I have printed them off so I can study them further. I have been out today so will get to work tomorrow.

Blessings, Marilyn.

I must say thank you  :thumbsup: for guiding me to the Zechariah Passages.  The Book has been on my list (it's a looooooong list) that I've been wanting to get to.  Something jumped off the page:

Remember a few weeks ago dealing with the Millennium, can't recall if you were involved, but a poster was going on and on about Jesus could never reside in a Temple built by Human Hands?  Well....

(Zechariah 6:12-13) "And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:  {13} Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both." 

Also, from a cursory reading of the book, you may need to touch on some of the previous 5 Chapters to get the full context....since all of the visions come in one night.

And if I were to throw my 2 cents into the ring.....a feel safe in saying, that this book has sent Bible Scholars to the Medicine Cabinet....REPEATEDLY !  

And the Coup de Gras...

Chapter 5 Is Colossally MASSIVE in it's Implications!!  You wanna talk about something to "Look For" on the Horizon..... Double and Triple greatgooglymoogly WOW!!  And most importantly (one of those "ah ha" moments for me), clears up a sizable chunk of the Book of Revelation that had me somewhat puzzled.

So thanks!

Hi Enoch2021,

So glad you are looking forward to discussing Zechariah (parts thereof) together. I do love it & I`m sure we can all learn from each other by the Holy Spirit. As really He is the one who is guiding the Body of Christ into all truth.

People have often referred to the book of Zechariah as the Revelation of the Old Testament. And I know what you mean concerning Jesus & the temple & the Hebrew idiom & metaphor of ch. 5. So much in that book refers to the end-times.

Better go & do my homework.... :mgcheerful:

Marilyn.

Hi inchrist,

I can see you are having a great time discovering all the connections here. Thanks for sharing all those details. Now just to aid you in your discoveries I have found that it is always helpful to go to the top, the source, God`s purpose in Christ Jesus & then relate the details to Him & His purposes.

We are shown the 4 fold ministry of Christ, visually as 4 living creatures. This is Christ`s 4 fold Spirit of life, shown separately but in reality blended majestically into one royal divine person, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ the King – Lion
Christ the Sacrifice (Heir) – Calf / Ox
Christ the Mediator – Man
Christ the Creator (Deity) – Eagle

Thus in Ezekiel we see this awesome pictorial representation of Christ`s 4 fold Spirit of Life, manifested by the 4 living creatures (life), moving throughout the earth in relation to His purposes for Israel & the nations.

The 4 gospels, as you so rightly showed reveal these 4 aspects of our Lord. And the book of Revelation actually continues these themes revealing to us the 4 ministries of Christ when He is exalted & glorified on high.

Lucifer, the fallen angel has a 4 fold strategy which reveals his character & purpose.

The Dragon – devours (Rev. 12: 4)
The Serpent – deludes (Gen. 3: 1)
The Devil – destroys (John 10: 10 1 John 3: 8)
Satan – deceives (Rev. 12: 9)

Thus these characteristics & works are seen throughout his work in mankind. The 4 `beastly` kingdoms of Daniel 7, reveal this, as well as king Neb`s Image of gold, & the final `beasts` image - Satan`s desire to be worshipped.

`...you shall fall down & worship the gold image that King Neb. has set up;..` (Dan. 3: 5)
`...& cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.` (Rev. 13: 15)

However it is God alone who is to be worshipped & He has given `all authority, power, dominion & rulership` to the Son who overcomes the usurper.

1. Christ`s Lordship – overthrows the Dragon who devours.
2. Christ`s Heirship – overcomes the Serpent who deludes.
3. Christ`s Mediatorship – overpowers the Devil who destroys.
4. Christ`s Judgeship – overrules Satan who deceives.

How great is out God. Marilyn.