TUK

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If a born again Christian commits suicide will they lose their salvation?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Keeping it simple...........no.  Thank you Lord for Eternal Salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If that poor suffering person was truly born again, he will never lose his salvation. His disease is what would actually betaking Him, and the Lord will take him and comfort him. Just as no one gains a righteous standing with God by good works, one cannot lose out on being an adopted son of God by bad behaviour. He may lose out on some rewards that God had planned for his life had he lived it out, but he is a citizen of heaven (Ephesians 2:19).

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I've never heard of God telling someone to commit suicide. I think that, in all likelihood, someone with suicidial thoughts has been turned over to Satan, and it is he who whispers such notions in their head. If true, if they are turned over to Satan, and they fail the trial of turning to God, by ending their life, I think there is a chance that they may go to hell.

I think that sin is not a symptom of disease, and if anything, it is disease that is a symptom of sin, or a symptom of being tested. I think people with suicidial thoughts should turn to God, not suicide.

Edited by Cog

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Blessings Tuk Welcome to Worthy

Hi to all Worthy Members

It is  possible that many people who are contemplating suicide will read this
thread,  Please remember We  are accountable  for  our  words..there may be  people  
reading this  thread who believe they are Christian and are not...If they  read that
they will be  fine and in Gods care when they commit suicide,  it  could  be a mistake
that will be eternal.

I  feel  the need to express the importance  of  not  taking this  subject  lightly...
Our  words  are  very powerful,  Please  act responsibly, do not  take  shortcuts  when answering this  question..

No matter how  many times the  question is asked if  we feel lead
 by the Spirit to answer,  Please answer in the Spirit and use  scripture..

God Bless All

Guest Judas Machabeus

Life is a gift from God and no one is to take that life away. Murder is murder, this includes suicide.

By sinning you are rejecting Jesus. You are saying that your will is more important than His Will. Thankfully we have an all merciful God that is perfect love, and with repentance and turning from sin we will be forgiven.

In order for sin to be mortal 2 things need to be present.

1. You need to know what you are doing is a sin

2. You need to willfully choose to do it.

Now how does this apply to suicide, ultimately its only God that can make the decision as to who goes to heaven and hell.

If someone is in such a deep state of dispair, that ending their life is the only option. Are they in full control of their will, are they fully aware of what they are doing is sinful.

I don't believe in once saved always saved, but I do believe in a forgiving and loving God that became man and died so that our sins can be forgiven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,257
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi to all Worthy Members

thread,  Please remember We  are accountable  for  our  words..there may be  people  

reading this  thread who believe they are Christian and are not...If they  read that

they will be  fine and in Gods care when they commit suicide,  it  could  be a mistake

that will be eternal.

I  feel  the need to express the importance  of  not  taking this  subject  lightly...

Our  words  are  very powerful,  Please  act responsibly, do not  take  shortcuts  when answering this  question..

God Bless All

Brother Snow, those are very wise words you just shared.

When we feel suicidal, I believe that we are under spiritual attack.

This is the time to pray directly to God for help in overcoming the dark oppressive spirit of suicide.

We need to utilize our spiritual armor from God.

Ephesians 6;10,11,12,13,14,15,16

Depression and suicidal thoughts can be very strong, but God is stronger.

Remember never to forget that.

We can overcome with God as our shield.

We are called to be overcomes.

As Christians we are called to endure the race to a higher calling

Philippians 3:,13,14,15

13Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet

; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude;

and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;…

In our weakness God is made stronger, if only we hold unto our Faith ,faithfulness to God

and remain faithful to Him, through, the only begotten Son of God, our lord and savior Christ Jesus.

2Corinthians 12:9,10

9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness

." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions,

with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

God is life and wants us to live and live eternal with Him in His light, in His love.

Love is life and light and eternal.

death is dark, cold, void of love.

1John 1:5

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you,

that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

-6 if we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie

and do not practice truth.

Part of having faith is trusting in God, trusting that the Lord is in control of our lives,

as we have surrendered our lives over to Gods will and not our own or satans for that matter.

Satan is the spirit of death, his goal is to steal, kill destroy

satan is the greatest Ponzi scheme  ever.

don't fall for him.

Suicidal thoughts are just of of his schemes.

Satan is the greatest snake oil salesman.

he will try to sell you anything to get to your soul.

he plays with our weaknesses, seduces us and hopes to;

steal, kill, destroy

John 10:10 Christ Jesus said:  The thief does not come except to steal, kill, destroy, I have come that they might have life,

and that they might have it more abundantly

Revelation 6:8 And I looked , and behold, a pale horse,

And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him.

And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger,with death, and by the beasts of this earth.

Revelation 2: 10,11   Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer.

Indeed the devil is about to throw some of you in prison, that you may be tested,

and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death,

and I will give you the crown of life

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Hi to all Worthy Members

that will be eternal.

God Bless All

Snow.....your concern for future readers is a kind, loving expression.  I agree that this issue should not be taken lightly.  My quick response earlier was in line with the original question about a born again Christian.  Now that particular person is indeed a Christian.  There is no doubt if you are born again, because that in itself is a simple task to accomplish. 

I would hope that readers would consume several posts before making their mind up about the answer.  They will surely find Scriptures used to reinforce opposing positions along the way.  With our deligent posting maybe we will encourage that type of reader to make themself known and to us. Then we will be able to assist them with colser attention. 

This is a strong interesting subject, I will be visiting this thread often to see what will be added.    GBU

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Depression and suicidal thoughts can be very strong, but God is stronger.

Remember never to forget that.

We can overcome with God as our shield.

We are called to be overcomes.

So easily said but not always easily done. I tend to find that people who say this are lucky enough to not understand how tough it can be. Making a statement like this when I was at my lowest all you would have done is driven me further into despair. Ever wonder why God uses people to accomplish his plans? We need to make sure people know they are loved. For me what let me know that God still loved me was a person giving me a hug. For others it might be cooking a meal for them or spending time with them just listening.

I am so lucky in that I recognised the signs and sought help. Even then I almost didn't make it. So we need to be careful not to use empty cliches.